Waves V12 is here, now with resizable GUIs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Plugin Collection

Oh my god I wuped and got it for less than advertised and some more plugins on top. Just look into your account during one of the sales periods (its always) and watch out upgrades based on what you own...
I should stop buying Waves, they always get me at some point... Waves should be declared as illegal drug feeding GAS... Beware, it could explode...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:28 am Oh my god I wuped and got it for less than advertised
InstaBAN!!! How you dare to use such offensive language on KVR? You're shill paid by Waves and illuminati :hihi:

jochicago wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:55 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:31 pm First, you do not have to pay WUP
How many times do we need to debunk your shilling BS before you stop repeating it. Seriously dude, you force us to have the same argument on repeat for years because you keep coming back and saying the same lies over and over.

If you don't have WUP you lose access to the second plugin install. You lose support, you are denied your right to sell your plugins, and you are denied bug fixes even when the bugs were known while your WUP was still current.

And no, they don't fix bugs "quickly". For the v12 release they held back bug fixes for months so they could release them as v12, specifically so they can lock out v11 people and force them to "upgrade".

I don't want to keep repeating myself like this, makes me feel like I'm wasting time that I could be using to run EQs through Plugin Doctor. I've had to say this many times, probably in this same thread. Please stop dragging me here to say the same things over and over. Get a hobby or something. Maybe make music instead of shilling so hard.
You aren't debunking anything. I have been using Waves for my personal endeavors since they dropped iLok eg when they released V9. That was in 2012. V9 was in support until the end of 2018. During this time all the updates were free.

Now most of my plugins are on V12 with couple still on V9. Getting my plugins to V12 has cost me about 60-70$ total. The rest that are on V9 still work flawlessly.

No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version. In most cases you have to pay 29 to 49 per plugin to upgrade anything. I have about hundred Waves plugins and if I had to pay that for every plugin I'd be really poor.

Every other vendor will also drop their previous versions. Waves still supports everything since V9 onwards.

You cant sell your plugins without WUP, that's true. But with most other vendors you have to pay the transfer fee anyway. With Waves plugins in most cases it will still be cheaper to pay WUP and the small transfer fee that paying the transfer fee for any iLok plugin. With their plugins becoming so affordable, I can't fault them for cracking down on second hand market.

Do you have any evidence for the claim that "for the v12 release they held back bug fixes for months"? Because that is patently nonsense. Waves plugins are used in high end studios, live venues and professional settings you obviously could not even imagine. There's no way they could afford to do anything like that. And why should they? Waves is one of the fastest to fix any bugs reported to them and their support is without any competition. Those rare cases I have needed Waves support they have fixed the problems in a day in most cases.

And no, again you do not have to pay WUP.

So stop spreading this uninformed nonsense about the horrors of WUP. It's literally not an issue.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version.
Silly blanket statement, many do. Melda for one.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version. In most cases you have to pay 29 to 49 per plugin to upgrade anything.
You are conflating compatibility/bugfix updates with feature upgrades. The distinction is obvious and I'm not sure that this error is made in good faith.

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm
No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version. In most cases you have to pay 29 to 49 per plugin to upgrade anything.
This statement is simply false - Acustica Audio, Image Line and possibly others
Every other vendor will also drop their previous versions. Waves still supports everything since V9 onwards.
PSP has some pretty old plugins released ages ago and they are still supported, aren't they? Also v9, v10 etc is just a number in Waves' terms - there's no difference between v9 and v10 plugins as far as I can tell.
You cant sell your plugins without WUP, that's true. But with most other vendors you have to pay the transfer fee anyway. With Waves plugins in most cases it will still be cheaper to pay WUP and the small transfer fee that paying the transfer fee for any iLok plugin.
Another false and misleading statement - in my case to have a single WUP upgrade for Gold + RenMaxx (needed for license transfer) I'd have to pay 90$. Pretty steep price for single license transfer don't you think? In case of iLok it's only 25$ and contrary to what you wrote there are lots of developers not charging for license transfer at all.
And no, again you do not have to pay WUP.
Again - false. It was mentioned above when you have to pay WUP

imrae wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:43 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version. In most cases you have to pay 29 to 49 per plugin to upgrade anything.
You are conflating compatibility/bugfix updates with feature upgrades. The distinction is obvious and I'm not sure that this error is made in good faith.
Waves has all the updates and bugfixes for free for a given version. Like I said, V9 had free updates from 2012 to 2018.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm ...
Nearly everything you said is false. No point in going line by line, we've talked about this several times, just go back a few pages. This is what you do, you keep repeating debunked stuff like it hasn't been discussed. Why do you do that?

Stop saying false things. Maybe drink more water, do some meditation, make sure you are getting enough sleep.

What prize can be won in this competition?

WUP good = you can get as much Waves plugins as much as you can carry
WUP bad = 7 night holidays in Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant

https://youtu.be/oesOC7JvcwQ

No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version
Again?...

Flat earth too?

I won´t spend more time replying this guy, I simply will post any pictures(just a few ones, I am not going to spend my time) so he see with his eyes that his staments are false.
Every upgrade and update is always free:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can someone tell the kids to stop repeating themself? Does it have any relevance to be right or wrong if you like or dislike WUP? No!
Vote with your wallet, and come back discussing the plugins instead of business models... Its boring as hell...

Now most of my plugins are on V12 with couple still on V9. Getting my plugins to V12 has cost me about 60-70$ total. The rest that are on V9 still work flawlessly.

No other vendor gives you free upgrades to the next version. In most cases you have to pay 29 to 49 per plugin to upgrade anything. I have about hundred Waves plugins and if I had to pay that for every plugin I'd be really poor.
Frankly, i don't believe that. Meaning that you only had to spend 60-70$ to purchase WUP for hundred plugins. I doubt that could be the case, unless you have all those plugins already under WUP.
Which means it would have cost serious money over the last few years.

In my opinion they sell for cheap with constant sales, then after a year comes wup and the wup is based on the "original, undiscounted price". If that was a price the market would be willing to pay there would not have to be a constant sellout.
Then the wup is so expensive that in my case means it's cheaper to buy them every few years in the sale as a way of upgrading.

Most software nowadays has two or even 3 licenses, Waves just gives you a second one when you wup each year. If i would have done that a waves plugin would be more expensive than a Softube plugin that you don't buy in the sales and where you get 3 licenses. And in the 7 years since i bought my first product of them i got updates without paying anything. This is not to praise softube, lots of companies work in the same way.

The worst part is that Waves did not even redesign the v12 panels using modern technology. These days even free VST's have vector based GUI's that you can size however you want them.
But Waves just enlarged the bitmaps and thinks it's reasonable to ask money for that. Insane!

To me the only thing that makes paying Waves worthwhile is the support you can get, it's easier than other companies to get someone on the phone. But that's only interesting for a very small part of the users.

jochicago wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:30 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:29 pm ...
Nearly everything you said is false. No point in going line by line, we've talked about this several times, just go back a few pages. This is what you do, you keep repeating debunked stuff like it hasn't been discussed. Why do you do that?

Stop saying false things. Maybe drink more water, do some meditation, make sure you are getting enough sleep.
Nice try. Nothing I said is false and there's nothing to debunk. WUP terms are public on the Waves website.

And I tell you as a Waves user for over 10 years that WUP is literally a non-issue. If you make any kind of money with music it's just a non-significant business expense. If you don't, it's still not an issue with some small caveats. And you don't have to pay WUP. You can literally go for many years without spending a dime on WUP and nothing happens.

But you are probably one of those people who can't figure out how to use Waves Central and who pays WUP every year and then bitches about it in the forums.
No signature here!

drsyncenstein wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:59 pm

Frankly, i don't believe that. Meaning that you only had to spend 60-70$ to purchase WUP for hundred plugins. I doubt that could be the case, unless you have all those plugins already under WUP.
Which means it would have cost serious money over the last few years.
It's very easy, you just have to figure out the strategy. But if you can't even figure out how to use Waves Central, like most people bitching about WUP seem, then you're probably not going to.
No signature here!

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:52 pm Can someone tell the kids to stop repeating themself? Does it have any relevance to be right or wrong if you like or dislike WUP? No!
Vote with your wallet, and come back discussing the plugins instead of business models... Its boring as hell...
Falling on deaf ears.
Seems like every Waves thread just ends up arguing about WUP. Pay it or don't pay, no one gives a toss.
For me, (and ymmv), v12 is more cpu friendly, so I paid the wup to upgrade a select few of my Waves plugins. Couldn't be happier.
OK, so I could be happier, but that's a rant for another thread. :)

Return to “Effects”