Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

antic604 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:49 pm
pc999 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:47 pm BTW anyone knows when the 20% promo with the Live 11 upgrade ends?
The day v11 is released.

So I wouldn't wait if you plan on getting it.
Also they don't charge you the whole sum till Live is released, they just charge 1 dollar of your card for now.

....and I believe you can cancel it before final payment, so worth securing, nothing to loose!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Lucastyle wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:51 pm
pc999 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:47 pm BTW anyone knows when the 20% promo with the Live 11 upgrade ends?
The day v11 is released.

Also they don't charge you the whole sum till Live is released, they just charge 1 dollar of your card for now.
Ok that’s great - means I don’t have to wait till Friday payday

plus as soon as you register the payment you can apply to join the beta which lets you start using v11 ASAP

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:13 pm plus as soon as you register the payment you can apply to join the beta which lets you start using v11 ASAP
Not sure if that's correct. I got into the beta a long time before I bought the upgrade and I see a lot of people complaining about not getting into the beta despite already buying the upgrade.

zoidkirb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:13 pm plus as soon as you register the payment you can apply to join the beta which lets you start using v11 ASAP
Not sure if that's correct. I got into the beta a long time before I bought the upgrade and I see a lot of people complaining about not getting into the beta despite already buying the upgrade.
oh I thought I only got my invite after signing up. It did take about 3 weeks for them to let me onto the beta though.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

zoidkirb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:57 pm
I also got the beta before buying it, I believe you are eligible if you've got suite 10 and maybe being part of the previous beta can help to speed the entry but I don't know that for sure.

Yup. Took me a week to get in. Had Suite 10 already and I wrote about being a beta tester for Reason 11 which might have helped.
My tinfoil theory was actually that NOT pre purchasing 11 made it easier to get in, as after using the beta for a couple days I knew I couldn't go back to 10.

I upgraded and applied for beta Nov 25th... nothing.

Lucastyle wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:51 pm
The day v11 is released.

Thanks, that is very nice.

How do I "finish" a comping track -> merging the lanes to one final version?
rabbit in a hole

One more question if you guys dont mind.

Anyone bought Live with the educational offer?

It is hard or difficult to get it? I just saw it and I should be eligible, but sometimes these companies make it harder than it should be...

pc999 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:28 pm One more question if you guys dont mind.

Anyone bought Live with the educational offer?

It is hard or difficult to get it? I just saw it and I should be eligible, but sometimes these companies make it harder than it should be...
Yes, I have the full version now but I upgraded from a version that I originally purchased with the EDU discount. I did an online course about 5 years that qualified for the discount. IIRC I either sent them an email or clicked a special link to apply for it and sent through a form that I got from the course tutor confirming I was enrolled. Pretty straight forward.
Always Read the Manual!

I'm getting excited now for this to come out, soon hopefully

Autobot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:52 pm How do I "finish" a comping track -> merging the lanes to one final version?
It's always "finished", so to speak.

Once you stop recording, the top track = the last take. If you start picking & choosing segments from other takes, they will be sent up to the top track. If you delete the take tracks, you'll end up with the comp you last had. If you really care, you can then select the clips on main track and consolidate (Ctrl+J) to convert it to one, continuous sample.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”