Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 pmjust like nobody else here knows anything in that regard.
:clown: :phones:

Except.... for one. :)

There's a few more NI guys around here lurking. :D

Anyways, it's not about the budget for updates.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:47 pm Anyways, it's not about the budget for updates.
Good to hear. :tu:

Anyway, I'm not expecting an update which comes with a gazillion of new features, and "fixes everything", because that's just unrealistic to expect. I've never seen any other company do that after a synth release. If anything, there were minor feature addons, and bug fixes. Maybe after a year the addition of a few filters, or, like in u-he's Hive, a feature upgrade after years. We'll see. I really think people are expecting too much (as usual).

Here's a link to the former update's changelogs, so that people don't get the wrong impression that NI never worked on it: https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... -1.359895/

pixel85 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 pm It's 8 months from the last update.
Nope. Barely 4 months.

1.4 is still going to release much earlier than Zebra 3!

Massive X update will need to address the use of AVX for M1 compatibility....

M1 surely is such a leap forward that it has similar instructions to AVX? Or are we just trying to get things running on phone hardware here...

Yeah, I agree it's been a while since we've got some news from NI about MX, but remember, they may be dealing with M1 and COVID as well. Maybe it should be taken into account.

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:23 pm Massive X update will need to address the use of AVX for M1 compatibility....
don't know if M1 has SIMD, it is an optimazition, less cycles, :
"Single instruction, multiple data (SIMD) is a class of parallel computers in Flynn's taxonomy.[clarification needed] It describes computers with multiple processing elements that perform the same operation on multiple data points simultaneously." all from one register, internally.

me thinks it can be compiled in a different way, even. or some programming changes.

Yes of course it has SIMD. But the question is how well does Intel AVX port to ARM NEON (which is the SIMD instruction set in ARM CPUs).

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:57 pm
pixel85 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:15 pm It's 8 months from the last update.
Nope. Barely 4 months.
If you count ultra-tiny update then yes.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:59 pm
rezoneight wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pmYou can do any wavetable sound with 2 basic oscillators and cross-mod....
I'd beg to differ. :)
Talk to Bones then man ;) He seems to disagree in the Spire thread.

It's hard to find instances when Bones agrees with something :P

Return to “Instruments”