Has Logic Pro X 10.5 broken compatibility with Aspect?

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently updated to Logic Pro X 10.5 and it has rendered Aspect unusable. Any time I try and interact with the virtual instrument it fully crashes to desktop. The only way I can make it work is if I create an entirely fresh project in which Loomer Aspect is the only track. The second I add another track, then go back to tweak the instance of Aspect it crashes. I've also had it crash just futzing around with a single track of Aspect just going back in forth in the patch selector. It's now totally unusable. I'm running OS X 10.14.6, Logic 10.5.1

Short answer, yes, and I'm looking into it. I know what the issue is, so look to have a fix/update out as soon as possible.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

As an aside, the same issue affects the latest builds of GarageBand also.
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That's great to hear, I like Aspect a lot.

Thanks. I'm gonna be getting a beta together soon with this fixed, as well as the new interface. Would you like me to PM you a link when I've got it ready for download?

Oh definitely, that'd be great

Will String and Shift2 be updated as well? I realize there isn't likely to be any further development on these, but I'm clinging to the hope I'll be able to use them in Logic again.

Shift 2 update is about 95% done, so I literally need just a couple more hours on it to get it release ready. String will follow shortly afterwards.

Bruce Bartlett wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:58 am Will String and Shift2 be updated as well? I realize there isn't likely to be any further development on these, but I'm clinging to the hope I'll be able to use them in Logic again.
No further development? Where did you hear that?

I guess he was just assuming because it has been a while since I've released updates (which is fair enough, to be honest), but rest assured: I can officially state that they are being actively worked on.

Hi Colin, I am a Logic Pro X 10.6.1 user and Aspect owner, please PM if you need any testing as well.
Thanks!

Thanks Winstontaneous, much appreciated, and I will likely take you up on that offer.

That's wonderful news. Thank you very much.

Return to “Loomer”