Why did you leave Studio One?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still no update to the browser.. LAME
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 am Still no update to the browser.. LAME
I really wish they would take some ideas from Bitwig in this regard. Bitwig's browser search is amazing imo. They need collections, smart folders, tagging. Pinning folders sucks in S1 imo. They need to revamp the whole thing.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

I agree, I was blown away by the video's I've seen of Bitwig's browser, smart and looks so much better to work with then Presonus Studio's basic explorer type browser. C'mon Presonus, we know you can do better then this. ;(
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:41 am I agree, I was blown away by the video's I've seen of Bitwig's browser, smart and looks so much better to work with then Presonus Studio's basic explorer type browser. C'mon Presonus, we know you can do better then this. ;(
It is really amazing with in-context and in-place audition of samples, instruments, presets and fx before committing and losing the current one. It is on another level.

What's the problem with the browser? Actually, I find it better than Bitwig's one. Bitwig's browser is messy for me, while in S1 I found what I need easily and all things seem organized fine. Maybe it is better to position the browser on the left (like in Ableton Live) so, drag'n'drop is minimum. In Cubase I don't use the browser (except of media player for samples and midi patterns) because I can choose what I want from the insert list.

Anyway, I've cancelled selling S1 because they keep updating it and the performance is really good. Personally, I don't have any problem with my plugins and I also still have ATOM which works great with it. I'm trying to find an excuse to sell it, but really I can't find a deal breaker :hihi: Even MODX is working the same as in Live and Cubase, so I'm stuck with those three fine DAWs! I'm sure I would be a polygamous person if I were wealthy and lived in a country that allows it :lol:

EnGee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 amWhat's the problem with the browser? Actually, I find it better than Bitwig's one. Bitwig's browser is messy for me, while in S1 I found what I need easily and all things seem organized fine.
I think people mean Bitwig's pop-up / floating browser, not the one that's on the side (that I always tried to avoid).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Bitwig's pop-up browser is still not comfortable as I remember now. But I agree it is still better than the right side one. Anyway, I still prefer S1's browser! Most of the times, I don't need a complex search! I just want something like S1 browser. Tab for instruments, tab for effects and tab for files and folders (that you can add manually). I really find it the best browser to be honest! If I want an instrument, I just go to the Instrument's tab and choose it. The effects on another tab (not the same tab). While samples and Midi files are separated by me in their folders which can be searchable as well :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EnGee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:50 am...If I want an instrument, I just go to the Instrument's tab and choose it. The effects on another tab (not the same tab)...
For effects I found using the "+" in the inserts is most convenient. It immediately focuses on the search box so I can type few letters and have the FX on the track, without having to scroll through the list. Actually very much like in Bitwig :)

I only really need the Ctrl+F to be modal and exit browser search, because it's annoying to have to click the tiny "magnifying glass" every time.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Yes, sure. I use the insert as well, but sometimes I want to see and scroll in the browser tab.

Anyway, I use few specific effects, so I don't mind looking for them the hard way. I might loose one Calorie as well :hihi:

Kang wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 am
Skandiluz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:21 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 am Sometimes it crashes when adding plugins.
Crashing when adding plugins also is a thing for me. I can't use Replika because of it. Not that it's a huge deal, but it's there. Forgot to mention that since it's been a while since I've used replika due to that.
Try renaming the actual replika plugin file. I don't remember the exact specifics, but I had this problem when replika came out and since then it's called replika666 when I pull it up in my plugin folder. It shows up as 'not installed' (or something) in my NI account, but at least it works. Anyone tried Replika XT?
Well, that actually worked lol. Didn't think it would but it no longer crashes S1. I was even able to open multiple copies across 20 or so tracks, save the project and reopen it with no issues. Thanks for that bit of info!
Yo.

Weird. Never had an issue with Replika in Studio One.

Maybe flushing the blacklist will do something.

I don't in any other daw, but since v5, I haven't been able to use replika. Not a big deal since I have other delays but renaming it did the trick so it's working now. Massive X still crashes but I don't really use this at all. So no loss there. Kontakt has no issues and that's about the only NI plugin I use heavily
Yo.

Skandiluz wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:14 pm
Kang wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:14 am
Skandiluz wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:21 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 am Sometimes it crashes when adding plugins.
Crashing when adding plugins also is a thing for me. I can't use Replika because of it. Not that it's a huge deal, but it's there. Forgot to mention that since it's been a while since I've used replika due to that.
Try renaming the actual replika plugin file. I don't remember the exact specifics, but I had this problem when replika came out and since then it's called replika666 when I pull it up in my plugin folder. It shows up as 'not installed' (or something) in my NI account, but at least it works. Anyone tried Replika XT?
Well, that actually worked lol. Didn't think it would but it no longer crashes S1. I was even able to open multiple copies across 20 or so tracks, save the project and reopen it with no issues. Thanks for that bit of info!
Glad that worked. When they gave it away a while back I was dying for a good delay and I was so bummed it didn't work that I tried EVERYTHING. Strangely that's what did it. It's been on probably every mix since then.

I could crash Studio One 5 with HALion Sonic 3 on demand.

Hilariously, HALion 6 and HALion Sonic SE 3 work fine.

I agree the browser is awful, coming from a Cubase.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

antic604 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:13 am
EnGee wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 amWhat's the problem with the browser? Actually, I find it better than Bitwig's one. Bitwig's browser is messy for me, while in S1 I found what I need easily and all things seem organized fine.
I think people mean Bitwig's pop-up / floating browser, not the one that's on the side (that I always tried to avoid).
For me I was talking about the one on the side. I actually like it quite a bit. But in general I was talking about the robust search and smart folders which I guess is true for both.

One thing I do in Bitwig is to have smart folders for specific instruments, bass, kicks, snares etc. I don't have to worry where they are on my hard drive as long as Bitwig is aware of the folder it will automatically add its content to the list.

My only gripe with Bitwig's browser is that it doesn't show you how many samples per folder/collection/smart folder etc. It just says 99+ if it has more than 99 items.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”