KvR constantly signing me out, anyone else?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, so I don't have this problem in Chrome and don't experience it with any other site in Firefox.

I'm running the latest Firefox on both iOS and Windows 10 and have the same problem on both. I disabled tracking protection in case that was the cause but the problem persists. I'm logged out roughly once a day.

Any ideas?
Last edited by fgimian on Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bumpies, anyone else? This continues to happen on a daily basis here with Firefox. Chrome seems OK, but my preferred browser in Firefox. I don't have this issue on any other site I visit.

What are your Privacy settings (Standard/Strict/Custom)? Do you run any addons like NoScript, uBlock Origin?

You don't have "Delete cookies and site data when Firefox is closed" checked?

I was having similar issues when I didn't select remember me at logging in. With remember me I stay logged in for quite some time. Without I'm logged out after 30-60 minutes of inactivity.

Thanks so much guys, I definitely am ticking Remember Me each time. My privacy setting is Standard but I've added an exception for KvR in case that was the problem. I do run uBlock Origin which was a good thought, so I disabled that for KvR too ...

Despite all this, I continue to be requested to sign in around once a day it seems.

I'll be doing some more testing on this soon, as KvR is the only problem in Firefox for me and overall I prefer being in this browser.

Just wanted to bump this. I can confirm this happens in all browsers. Just to be specific, I usually start by browsing to search.php?search_id=egosearch to view my posts.

Around 50% of the time, I'm logged out. Often times, refreshing the page will sign me in, other times I'll stay logged out and must sign in again.

This is happening one or more times a day and definitely wasn't the case in the past.

Any help is appreciated
Fotis

Yes this happens to me too.

Are you ticking the box "Stay logged in" when you log in? Works for me.

The only time I have this problem is with Safari on my iPad/iOS. It logs me out every time it goes to sleep, even though I check "stayed logged in" and the browser is still open. Safari on my iMac and MacBook Pro never log me out, though. Same with Chrome on my two PCs - they never log me out.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:48 pm The only time I have this problem is with Safari on my iPad/iOS. It logs me out every time it goes to sleep, even though I check "stayed logged in" and the browser is still open. Safari on my iMac and MacBook Pro never log me out, though. Same with Chrome on my two PCs - they never log me out.
+1 one for Safari on iOS. Also happens with Chrome on iOS

I had this problem a week or so ago. It did it 3 or 4 times over the course of a few days, both at home and at work, but it has been fine for a week or more now.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:19 pm I had this problem a week or so ago. It did it 3 or 4 times over the course of a few days, both at home and at work, but it has been fine for a week or more now.
I would upvote you for this useful contribution, but now I can't down vote you for some othe stuff I just have to write a pointless comment instead!

Yes, that's the annoying thing about losing the downvote but that's the way the 'net is going. You can't vote down a bad review on Amazon any more, so instead of "19 of 237 customers found this helpful", you just "19 customers found this helpful", which isn't nearly as helpful. I used to do a lot of reviews on Amazon but I stopped when they took away the down vote. I don't want to live in an echo chamber, different points of view are often far more useful than those that agree with your own.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

^^ I laughed pretty hard. If you’d like more different points of view you might consider being a more polite and welcoming forum member. In any case, B, you’re the only person that I’ve ever downvoted on any forum, anywhere, ever so far as I remember... across almost 30 years of internet use! So I guess memorializing the end of the thumbs down here on KVR instantly makes me think of you.

When KVR refuses to auto log you in. it's like the forum is downvoting you.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Site Stuff”