Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

mattfourmat wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:45 am Anyone think push 3 will come soon??
Who knows. I hope it's getting at least announced this year. Especially if it was to be something radically different & more expensive (like a standalone device, similar to MPCs or Maschine+) than Push2.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:10 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:23 amI'm torn between Live and Cubase (and now I added S1 to them!). Anyway, I keep selling and buying them again and again :dog: So I decided to keep them all and use them all. I'm doing every track in a DAW!
Lol, welcome to my world :D
I know! I have criticised you and others who are using more than one DAW (including myself!), then I found there is no use! Just leave it as it is!
An upgrade from Standard -> Suite should provide you with lots to do already, so when 11's out it's only cherry on the top :)
Yes, I know! I had Suite 10 before but sold it the same time I sold Push 2. Of course I lost a lot of money (Push 2 at the half price and at least I lost 1/3 of what I paid for Suite 10!). So, that I won't sell anything from now! :smack:

ozinga wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:04 am Just noticed this. Was it added before this beta 24?
Yes, at least every public beta has been automatically downloadable like that (but doing it manually has worked out faster for mé).

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:11 am
mattfourmat wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:45 am Anyone think push 3 will come soon??
Who knows. I hope it's getting at least announced this year. Especially if it was to be something radically different & more expensive (like a standalone device, similar to MPCs or Maschine+) than Push2.
it is always unpredictable. but look at maschine+, it looks like a maschine mk3, it is a rebuild mk3... the only difference; better knobs (although for me the maschine mk3 has great encoders), and on 1 or 2 buttons the added text, or how do you call it. but they work identical, when attached to pc/mac/laptop.

the push 2 is not fully used by ableton yet. look at the hybrid reverb, it has full visual feedback, while other devices, have not. and they could have.

yes i own both: maschine mk3+jam and ableton live 10(11) suite + push 2.
(and still haven't left bitwig studio... or cubase pro 11.. or reason 11 suite..)

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 amit is always unpredictable. but look at maschine+, it looks like a maschine mk3, it is a rebuild mk3... the only difference; better knobs (although for me the maschine mk3 has great encoders), and on 1 or 2 buttons the added text, or how do you call it. but they work identical, when attached to pc/mac/laptop.
Yes, but because of the computer+DAW inside of it it, the Maschine+ costs 3x the Maschine Mk3.

My point is, if for example right now I knew Push3 will be like M+, then I'd probably just get Push2 (again :dog: ).

If however Push3 was to be "just" a controller again, but evolved over what 2 had to offer, then I'd wait.

That's why I hope for an announcement soon(ish), maybe around v11 official release?
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:12 am
WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 amit is always unpredictable. but look at maschine+, it looks like a maschine mk3, it is a rebuild mk3... the only difference; better knobs (although for me the maschine mk3 has great encoders), and on 1 or 2 buttons the added text, or how do you call it. but they work identical, when attached to pc/mac/laptop.
Yes, but because of the computer+DAW inside of it it, the Maschine+ costs 3x the Maschine Mk3.

My point is, if for example right now I knew Push3 will be like M+, then I'd probably just get Push2 (again :dog: ).

If however Push3 was to be "just" a controller again, but evolved over what 2 had to offer, then I'd wait.

That's why I hope for an announcement soon(ish), maybe around v11 official release?
ok. as i already stated it is unpredictable. what i only can say, ableton does not use all the possibilities that push 2 offers yet. and making a new hardware controller costs money, o well they can afford it. push 2 is sold, new, for a price that is higher than when i bought it (and i bought it also b-stock, almost second hand price).
they draw money from it.

this is all speculation. push 2 seems to have all what is needed for a controller (accept arrangment... perhaps there comes a push 3 with a bigger screen, so you can do things, like you can do in maschine mk3. you can edit a song with maschine mk3).

you are going back to ableton? ......

and yes if there comes a push 3, is it push 2 with soundinterface for example. with nothing more.

in a way push 1 and push 2 differ mainly in the screen, i believe. there are other differences i guess. but the screen is thé big difference. perhaps more buttons? better pads? i don't know, never owned a push 1.

Ableton seem all in on MPE now.....PUSH currently has polyAT which is part way to MPE, maybe they will design a new controller focused more on expression and playability (Linnstrument style).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:03 pmyou are going back to ableton?...
I bought 10 Suite (with free 11 upgrade) again, yes.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:02 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:03 pmyou are going back to ableton?...
I bought 10 Suite (with free 11 upgrade) again, yes.
you DAW hopper! :D

o well i do the same, but keep on to the DAW's i like. never sold one. tried others, no, yes tried suite, tried bitwig studio, bought both of them. cubase was a no-brainer, because i am used to that DAW.
reason, i work more and more with it. it was a DAW that i didn't use much, although i really liked it, the RRP is the main reason... but i also work within reason 11 suite nowadays.. grain/europa are great.. i have time now to explore all, how more i buy, of synths, how more i use my other synths, strangely... and the new synths... experience, perhaps. still learning, a student with no talent, but still with my limitations, can do... or...

what i can do with the DAW's i have now, yes i use them all, i know if want do something, which one i need.

but back to Live 11.

simpler must have a MPE modulation matrix, not via via sampler! i want the waveform view.

simpler is a sounddesign beast for me, with prepared samples of course, home brewed. you can do things with it, wow..
and with MPE.... it seems simple to implement it.. o well... i rang all doorbellss, of ableton, for this...

I've skipped AL 10, so "A new system for multi-channel routing in Ableton Live" also was new to me, I have to say it's very nice
https://cycling74.com/articles/audio-ro ... leton-live

uff :)

btw. the CPU meter of Voltage2 a project went down from 36% > 19% from b3>b4 and seems it uses all the cores now :tu:

it's a one-track project with one Voltage2 instance(one Sylenth, two Spires in it), usse multiple threads in Voltage2 is switched off
Last edited by xbitz on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:11 pmI've skipped AL 10, so "A new system for multi-channel routing in Ableton Live" also was new to me, I have to say it's very nice
Wow! :o :hug:
Music tech enthusiast

^^^
Voltage2 raised it to the next level (the own target locking modulation system of AL is useless after Bitwig) ... External Instrument of AL knows MIDI channels and sees VSTs on different tracks so Voltage2 instances can be used as external instruments on dedicated tracks, the outs of Voltage2s can be routed back to the original track by the new multi-channel routing to independent audio effect chains, able to put the note triggered effects (midi note triggered MSEG http://maxforlive.com/library/device/4620/midi-shaper which is missing from Bitwig is very handy here ) to the same track as Voltage

the only issue was the CPU usage of the Voltage instances but it seems better now

so far so good :D
Last edited by xbitz on Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:55 pm Ableton seem all in on MPE now.....PUSH currently has polyAT which is part way to MPE, maybe they will design a new controller focused more on expression and playability (Linnstrument style).
Does Live 11 record Poly AT now? and use it from Push?

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:05 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:55 pm Ableton seem all in on MPE now.....PUSH currently has polyAT which is part way to MPE, maybe they will design a new controller focused more on expression and playability (Linnstrument style).
Correct.
Always Read the Manual!

pdxindy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:05 pm
https://cdm.link/2020/11/live-11-also-t ... struments/

:clap:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”