Catalina workaround solution

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Clac wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 am PluginBoutique behaves cunningly and not well, they need to remove these plugins from sale completely. In the meantime, you can buy them, but you will receive a warning after the purchase - this is a half measure.

This is sad. I still had very little hope that these plugins would be updated someday, but apparently this will not happen. (still hopeful :) )

By the way, do I understand correctly that if I have already installed these plugins for a long time, then I should not worry, there should be no problems? Problems only occur when installing on the latest versions of Windows 10?
I already installed their plugins on Windows 10 a couple of years ago, and at that moment I was lucky - there was no BSOD, the plugins still work today.
I think Plugin Boutique should at least put a notification on the affected product pages that states there are issues with Windows 10 right now. There's no need to remove the products entirely, since they work under Win7 and even with some versions of Win10, from what I could gather. But I agree that what they have now is a half-measure.

Again though, AIR Music Tech and SONiVOX are supposedly working on updates. And since I haven't seen anyone on KVR or Gearslutz mention these issues, I doubt they're all that critical. As I mentioned, my friend who's on Win10 doesn't get the "blue screen" crashes that are supposedly happening to other people. He's on the latest version of Win10 (20H2), but I don't know which version of Win10 these issues were supposed to affect. He installed the SONiVOX plug-ins on a fresh installation of Win10-20H2, and the only problem he has is that he's missing presets. I haven't looked at his issue yet, but it may be completely unrelated to whatever is supposed to be happening with the crashes.

All that said, anyone who's having trouble with AIR Music Tech. or SONiVOX plug-ins should probably contact their support directly. It doesn't appear they monitor this forum on KVR or are very active on it.

EDIT: I just checked some of AIR MT's other threads here, and in July of 2020, AIR mentioned a known issue with PACE/iLok on "the latest version of" Win10 (which, at the time, was Win10-2004). And they said they had updated their installers to resolve this issue. So they are working on updates, apparently.

viewtopic.php?p=7845370#p7845370

Whether this was the issue the Plugin Boutique rep was referring to remains to be seen. But I wouldn't give up on AIR MT or SONiVOX just yet.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”