About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pls elaborate

It's ok, I think there was a misunderstanding.
I asked if it were possible for Front Panel switches to appear in M9 or M10, you referred me too the post about M8, whereas I thought you were referring to something above that.

I suppose it's too far to comment on M9 or M10 possible appearances for switches, but I thought maybe you could try to keep it in mind when the time comes?

Pls elaborate on what type of switches you have in mind.

Ability to switch between filter types, LFO types, etc. The MC-909 patch I recently posted is a good example of switch necessity. The current method doesn't work properly.

For example, switch the OSC selector and it selects an oscillator type, but doesn't give indication of what is selected. This isn't so bad as you can see each OSC on off state. But when you click all, they all turn on. If you do this with the entitled MFO LFO, there's no indication which is selected and they don't seem to work as expected.

It would be good to have an indicator on each switch to show this switch is active, but as these are note pads, i.e. on off, that's not applicable to them.

It's also a very convoluted way of adding a simple switch.

Thx for elaborating. Interesting. I see where you want to go to. I've taken additional notes on the MUX front panel wishlist. This won't be implemented in the M8 life cycle because M9 already is in development and anything applied to M8 must be carefully copied to M9 and that's not always easy because M9 already is very different than M8 from code pov. For new modules that's often less of a problem, but reworking and deeply upgrading the MUX front panel system is a serious job and definitely is not a job that must be done now in the M8->M9 transition phase. So this is to be evaluated further in the future.

No I understood that this wouldn't happen during M8. I was hoping it could be taken into account during the life of M9 or M10, that's all. Thanks for listening though :tu:

Hope that 'clip launching' includes some kind of grid which can contain a variety of Sequence Player modules so that a single chord progression could be played over a variety of patterns, all at the click of a mouse or MIDI note. Maybe you could re-work the Step Sequencer module code to be a X by Y grid of Sequence Players instead of notes.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Something I'd like is tighter integration with MuLib. I think that could also get more entrants into MuLib, and there are many hidden gems in there already.

Perhaps it would be possible to have a menu option to download it in the default location or something, perhaps like a folder of its own in the KVR instruments/fx.

I think there's been a suggestion such as this some year ago, but I can't really remember. I understand if it's tricky to implement this, due to cross-platform if not else, and there are admittedly more important things to work on, but anyway...

And here's a big THANK YOU to all MuLib contributors! :clap:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

It's quite easy to add all of MuLib to your MuLab install:
  • Go to MuLib and download all of MuLib as a zip file
  • Extract that zip file anywhere you like on your system, for example in your MuLab/User/Library sub-folder
  • Now in the Project Browser select that folder in the "Where" field.
  • If you want to have quick access to that MuLib folder, then save this Project Browser setting as a preset.
I agree that there could be further improvements, eg integrated upload + download etc.

mutools wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:38 pm It's quite easy to add all of MuLib to your MuLab install:
  • Go to MuLib and download all of MuLib as a zip file
  • Extract that zip file anywhere you like on your system, for example in your MuLab/User/Library sub-folder
  • Now in the Project Browser select that folder in the "Where" field.
  • If you want to have quick access to that MuLib folder, then save this Project Browser setting as a preset.
I agree that there could be further improvements, eg integrated upload + download etc.
Thanks! I do it in a more complicated way today, so thanks for the tip. :tu:
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:29 pm Something I'd like is tighter integration with MuLib. I think that could also get more entrants into MuLib, and there are many hidden gems in there already.
What would be *very* nice is if the MuLib was structured like Native Instrument's Reaktor library, where you can read a description of the contraption, see a pic and even hear a sound clip.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

sdv wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:19 pm What would be *very* nice is if the MuLib was structured like Native Instrument's Reaktor library, where you can read a description of the contraption, see a pic and even hear a sound clip.
:clap: :tu:

sdv wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:19 pmWhat would be *very* nice is if the MuLib was structured like Native Instrument's Reaktor library, where you can read a description of the contraption, see a pic and even hear a sound clip.
Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
For Effects, perhaps leave the first slots open for an instrument (I often demo with the Classic Piano).
For Instruments, maybe make a midi loop with bass, melody, rhythm chords, pads.
The rest of us could use those Projects to demo each preset: to open it, listen, and delete the ones we don't want :shrug:
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

dp
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:44 am Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
For Effects, perhaps leave the first slots open for an instrument (I often demo with the Classic Piano).
For Instruments, maybe make a midi loop with bass, melody, rhythm chords, pads.
The rest of us could use those Projects to demo each preset: to open it, listen, and delete the ones we don't want :shrug:
Now that's a cool idea! 8)
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”