Installing Tokyo Dawn Labs plugins

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, consider installing the latest version of course. "Chrome downloaded this file November 11, 2018".

We couldn't predict Big Sur (or even Catalina) back then. Probably not even Apple. ;)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Seems I had to manually delete the old version, and re-install the version I had already downloaded today.
Now it seems to be fine.

Any issue related to the installation of that plugin on Mac version 10.12.6, Logic X don't see it.....the AU components is in the good directory....Thank you

Ok, forget it,,,I just need to restart the computer.......thank you !

I can't install Kotelnikov. I get this message. Nova and VOS SlickEQ works.
I'm on macOS Catalina 10.15.7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi, trying to refresh current plugins to latest versions but there is no apparent update taking place according to the version numbers shown in Logic's plug-in manager (I couldn't find a version number within the plugin interfaces themselves, nor the download file names, install package names nor within the install process interface).
According to the product pages/change logs there are a couple of updated releases since my currently installed versions of Kotelnikov GE, Kotelnikov (ungentlemanly), Nova and SlickEQ. I downloaded all the installers, also Molotok to try, but after restarting Logic nothing had changed in the plugin manager except Molotok had been added.
Macos 10.15.7 (Catalina), Logic 10.6.1.
Thanks/ Henry

It would be nice if the date of the latest update was presented on the download page. This would
give some indication of which plugins need to be updated when you arrive at the download page,
instead of having to launch each one to see if it was updated. Honestly an installer containing all
the latest plugins might help as well. Currently it's not very efficient and mildly annoying (imo).

OK, cancel that... re Logic not showing the expected updated plugin versions in the plugin manager: The correct versions have now appeared a day or so later!? Weird. I'm quite sure I quit and restarted Logic (more than once!) after doing the updates - in order to make it rescan/validate plugins - but anyway, they have now appeared listed OK with the expected version numbers. So it's still mystery but not still a problem. If anyone knows what may be happening here then I'm still interested to know! Cheers/ Henry

pekbro wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:03 am It would be nice if the date of the latest update was presented on the download page. This would
give some indication of which plugins need to be updated when you arrive at the download page,
instead of having to launch each one to see if it was updated. Honestly an installer containing all
the latest plugins might help as well. Currently it's not very efficient and mildly annoying (imo).
+1 for update date on download page, I've requested the same thing in the past here as well.

We're working on a small library manager allowing super straight forward updates, installations and other maintenance stuff (presets, snapmaps, preferences, etc). We're making it very light-weight, offline and online capable.

But having a sort of overview download/version page on our website is interesting as well. All customers have access to their "one page" personal library, also giving access to all previous versions. I'll think out a nicer way to download/update the freeware products.

It's here, the product manager.
The easiest way to manage your TDR software installations is to run the TDR Collector library manager.
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-collector/
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I was on macOS Mojave (10.14) but got upgraded to Big Sur (11.2) when my drive suddenly died. I had to reinstall the free versions of Kotelnikov, SlickEQ, and Nova (plus I added Molotok). I downloaded all new installers to be sure they'd work with 11.2. All of the installers completed without error but I'm seeing errors in Nova and SlickEQ (Kotelnikov(AU) and Molotok are fine)

SoundSource gives me this (for the Audio Units versions):

=====
An error occurred while trying to load "TDR Nova", (Error code: -3000).

If the problem persists, please contact the plugin developer
=====

An error occurred while trying to load "TDR VOS SlickEQ", (Error code: -1).

If the problem persists, please contact the plugin developer
====

Cubase LE gives me this (for VST):

====
“TDR VOS SlickEQ.vst” is damaged and can’t be opened.
====

GarageBand ignores them completely. Any ideas?

Please make sure to (manually) delete the affected AUs from your AU directory, and then install the latest again. Let me know if it helps.

BTW consider using our little https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-collector/ application, it offers access to previous versions and greatly speeds up installation/updating.

Hi,

I am having trouble with Nova and Pro Tools. I am running Pro Tools 2021.6. in Windows 10. I consistently get an error telling me that TDR Nova is not a valid 64 bit AAX plugin.

I have tried installing Nova both directly and via the TDR Collector. Clean installs, restarts between each step, all the usual first instance troubleshooting.

Any help appreciated.

I deleted the .AUs and then used TDR Collector. I then deleted the User Library > Preferences > com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist file and then the User Library > Caches > AudioUnitCache > com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache file so that GarageBand would reindex everything. It took a while but I'm back up with all of my TDR plugins.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”