About the next MuLab 9

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:44 am Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
That's an interesting idea, Michael. I can see some large files this way but it would give the user a head-start on implementing the desired MUX.
"Music is directly tied to the technology of a culture."
"Modular gear is the craft beer of music."

Are there any plans for integrating with clip-launcher controllers like Akai APC40 or Novation Launchpad?

sdv wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 am I can see some large files this way but it would give the user a head-start on implementing the desired MUX.
I may well be wrong, but I don't think there's a footprint to mention re the presets. After all, they should pretty much be text documents. Edit: Just checked. The fx section is just a few MB in total. The Instruments section is bigger, mostly due to Urveih's 55MB synth patch folder. :wink: Obviosuly, all of those patches don't need to be represented.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 pmThe Instruments section is bigger, mostly due to Urveih's 55MB synth patch folder. :wink: Obviously, all of those patches don't need to be represented.
We can audition each Instrument with one click in the MuLab browser, so an instrument 'mega-project' would add the ability to see the interface with one click (some are truly amazing) and hear it play a standard midi demo loop.

So it might be best to do an FX project first.

Your second point applies to both FX & Instrument patches, because some effects and instruments have many 'variations on a theme' so having one example of each would make the project more workable.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:44 am Just a thought, sdv... you could make two giant demo MuProjects (Effects and Instruments) that include all the presets categorised into racks. We could d/l that project with the MuLib preset zip.
For Effects, perhaps leave the first slots open for an instrument (I often demo with the Classic Piano).
For Instruments, maybe make a midi loop with bass, melody, rhythm chords, pads.
The rest of us could use those Projects to demo each preset: to open it, listen, and delete the ones we don't want :shrug:
Ok, I just re-read this post and so I'm wondering: you're thinking that each person includes an example MuProject file in with their MUX creation? For some reason I originally thought you were saying there be two meta-projects; Instruments & FX, which housed ALL Library MUX's of said type. Don't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).

sdv wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:49 amDon't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).
In Vino Veritas: your hungover thought was correct: two mega projects with all MUX's of said type.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

is there any beat version around the corner???

What do you mean with beat version? You mean a free version for Beat magazine?
Note that currently MuLab 8 can be used for free, see http://mutools.com/shop.html
If you don't like the "temporary" aspect, also see MuLab 8 Free: https://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html (scroll down)

mutools wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:20 pm What do you mean with beat version? You mean a free version for Beat magazine?
Note that currently MuLab 8 can be used for free, see http://mutools.com/shop.html
If you don't like the "temporary" aspect, also see MuLab 8 Free: https://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html (scroll down)
Nope... I mean the version 9 beat. Cause you said it would come soon at last autumn. I assume we are in the completion phase right now. Best wishes~

I think 'beat version' means 'with clip launcher'
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Ok, thx for the clarification. Well as you might suspect there is a delay on the planning. I cannot yet give a reliable time estimation on M9 but be sure that week after week it's getting closer.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I’m pretty sure they meant beta version and had a typo or autocorrect to “beat”

Michael L wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:09 am
sdv wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:49 amDon't know why I thought that (hungover probably :ud: ).
In Vino Veritas: your hungover thought was correct: two mega projects with all MUX's of said type.
That is an interesting notion. My question - who would manage the meta-projects? Each time there was a new entry to the library *someone* would have to add it to the MuProject. And then, the user would have to download that new MuProject. I wonder if the community has the appetite?

sdv wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:05 pm My question - who would manage the meta-projects? Each time there was a new entry to the library *someone* would have to add it to the MuProject.
The person adding a preset to the library could add it to the mega, or each user could add it to their own. It is just a way to more quickly preview, and probly wont include every preset anyway (some have many variations) so imperfection is a given...
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Return to “MUTOOLS”