AudioThing releases ALBOROSIE DUB STATION: a careful recreation of King Tubby's original filter, echos and spring reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alborosie Dub Station

DMG68 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:20 pm Comparison of the filter section from the Dub Station to my Westfinga hardware. The impedance for the Dub Station is at full for the first section where both filters are inserted on a full mix and then impedance at minimum for the parallel section. This helps to match the resonance between them better.
https://youtu.be/AJFxyGgxMik
Cool, thank you! To get the resonance we analyzed (which changes on each frequency), the impedance has to be in the middle, but we really wanted to give more options. Sometimes the resonance can be too much depending on which source material is used.
Anyway, thanks a lot for this comparison!
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Drums Demo by Giuseppe Coppola: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WswMjzJnw

audiothing wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:15 pm
DMG68 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:20 pm Comparison of the filter section from the Dub Station to my Westfinga hardware. The impedance for the Dub Station is at full for the first section where both filters are inserted on a full mix and then impedance at minimum for the parallel section. This helps to match the resonance between them better.
https://youtu.be/AJFxyGgxMik
Cool, thank you! To get the resonance we analyzed (which changes on each frequency), the impedance has to be in the middle, but we really wanted to give more options. Sometimes the resonance can be too much depending on which source material is used.
Anyway, thanks a lot for this comparison!
Loving the sound of the Dub Station. I’m glad it’s not the same as my Westfinga filter. There’s always people who have a problem with anything that isn’t analog, but the filter sounds great. A lot of people with a hardware filter want more resonance and feedback the filter to itself. Not needed with this plugin.

audiothing wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:47 am Drums Demo by Giuseppe Coppola: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WswMjzJnw
Pure sweetness, great sound!

DMG68 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:37 am Loving the sound of the Dub Station. I’m glad it’s not the same as my Westfinga filter. There’s always people who have a problem with anything that isn’t analog, but the filter sounds great. A lot of people with a hardware filter want more resonance and feedback the filter to itself. Not needed with this plugin.
Yes, I think, especially when you use it as a send fx, you need a bit more resonance. But that's personal of course, so it's good to have an option :)

Any chance Springs will be updated with Dub Station's reverb? That would be awesome!
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Kees49 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:20 pm Any chance Springs will be updated with Dub Station's reverb? That would be awesome!
Unfortunately, at the moment it won't be possible due to licensing. Perhaps in the future.

Here's a NKS conversion for this cool plugin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kg0pwll83u6u4 ... S.zip?dl=0

I'm a sucker for (dub) delays but have not yet tried this one (although I have quite a few AT plugins).

How does it measure up these days?

soulata wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:41 pm I'm a sucker for (dub) delays but have not yet tried this one (although I have quite a few AT plugins).

How does it measure up these days?
This thing is great. I'm using several instances of it throughout Dub projects. I mostly bought it for the 'Big Knob' (which sounds really great before the Spring Reverb, really splashy and resonant), but you get a great delay and great Spring reverb all in one package. Turn on/off whatever modules you like.

Kinda hoping AT are still working on this to develop it further. Not that there's anything wrong with it or needs fixing, just any more features would be greatly appreciated :)

kevingham wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:11 pm Kinda hoping AT are still working on this to develop it further. Not that there's anything wrong with it or needs fixing, just any more features would be greatly appreciated :)
AudioThing is really solid about continued support for their product line. They're one of those companies that's actually almost "too good" at it once you own a lot of their plugins because you'll find yourself updating regularly.

I hope an installation manager/updater is in the cards for them some day because their large product line and frequent updates definitely would warrant one. But yeah, if there's not already a CLAP version of Alborosie, then I'm sure it will be forthcoming. Not sure what it else it needs from a feature standpoint, but they regularly add new models to Springs and Speaker.

Native Apple Silicon and CLAP would be great .... hope that will arrive soon

Edit:
As a matter of fact, version 1.0.0 is native Apple Silicon ... thanks
Last edited by steff3 on Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is native

Return to “Effects”