AudioThing releases ALBOROSIE DUB STATION: a careful recreation of King Tubby's original filter, echos and spring reverb

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
1577 posts since 13 Apr, 2011 from EU

Post Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:15 pm

DMG68 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Comparison of the filter section from the Dub Station to my Westfinga hardware. The impedance for the Dub Station is at full for the first section where both filters are inserted on a full mix and then impedance at minimum for the parallel section. This helps to match the resonance between them better.
https://youtu.be/AJFxyGgxMik
Cool, thank you! To get the resonance we analyzed (which changes on each frequency), the impedance has to be in the middle, but we really wanted to give more options. Sometimes the resonance can be too much depending on which source material is used.
Anyway, thanks a lot for this comparison!
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

KVRian
862 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:00 am


User avatar
KVRAF
1577 posts since 13 Apr, 2011 from EU

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:47 pm

Drums Demo by Giuseppe Coppola: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WswMjzJnw
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

User avatar
KVRist
203 posts since 2 Sep, 2012

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:37 pm

audiothing wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:15 pm
DMG68 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Comparison of the filter section from the Dub Station to my Westfinga hardware. The impedance for the Dub Station is at full for the first section where both filters are inserted on a full mix and then impedance at minimum for the parallel section. This helps to match the resonance between them better.
https://youtu.be/AJFxyGgxMik
Cool, thank you! To get the resonance we analyzed (which changes on each frequency), the impedance has to be in the middle, but we really wanted to give more options. Sometimes the resonance can be too much depending on which source material is used.
Anyway, thanks a lot for this comparison!
Loving the sound of the Dub Station. I’m glad it’s not the same as my Westfinga filter. There’s always people who have a problem with anything that isn’t analog, but the filter sounds great. A lot of people with a hardware filter want more resonance and feedback the filter to itself. Not needed with this plugin.

User avatar
KVRist
203 posts since 2 Sep, 2012

Post Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:39 pm

audiothing wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:47 pm
Drums Demo by Giuseppe Coppola: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WswMjzJnw
Pure sweetness, great sound!

User avatar
KVRAF
1577 posts since 13 Apr, 2011 from EU

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:22 am

DMG68 wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:37 pm
Loving the sound of the Dub Station. I’m glad it’s not the same as my Westfinga filter. There’s always people who have a problem with anything that isn’t analog, but the filter sounds great. A lot of people with a hardware filter want more resonance and feedback the filter to itself. Not needed with this plugin.
Yes, I think, especially when you use it as a send fx, you need a bit more resonance. But that's personal of course, so it's good to have an option :)
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

KVRist
118 posts since 24 Nov, 2011

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am

Any chance Springs will be updated with Dub Station's reverb? That would be awesome!

User avatar
KVRAF
1577 posts since 13 Apr, 2011 from EU

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 am

Kees49 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:20 am
Any chance Springs will be updated with Dub Station's reverb? That would be awesome!
Unfortunately, at the moment it won't be possible due to licensing. Perhaps in the future.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX Plugins)
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

Return to “Effects”