Hyakken (HY Plugins) releases HY-POLY

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HY-POLY Motoko The Computer Music Soundbank

hyakken wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:37 pm I just updated HY-POLY to 1.2.1.
This might fix it.
If you have blank window issue, please try v1.2.1.

Tadashi
It works! :party:
Thank you Tadashi for your quick fix.
This synth is getting better and better.
The wavetable browser looks good :)

A couple suggestions :
- There is no way to know which wavetable is loaded, which is a pity (for instance, if you load a wavetable that you like, you can't put it in your favourites afterwards). Maybe that clicking (or right-clicking) the wavetable could display its name?
- There is no way to preview the wavetables (unless you load it)?
- Once loaded, It would be nice if we could cycle through wavetables (by adding next/previous arrows, next to the "load" text box, for instance), so we don't always have to open the wavetable browser (it something useful when you are browsing similar wavetables of the same kind, but you're still hesitating which one you prefer).

sinkmusic wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:16 pm This synth is an underrated gem. :phones:
It works so well and is really easy to use.
... I don't get how it works :oops:
I can't manage to change the waves.
Does it come with some waves by default?
Yes it is definitely underrated and deserves more attention, especially with the new Vector engine which opens it up to a load of new sounds. Some of the effects are particularly interesting imo. The browser is really nice too and the modulation system is spot on!

I felt many of the included presets were on the hard/loud/distorted side, so I aimed to make this synth sound softer, more expressive, and dare I say it, analogue, with my 26 presets for this update. The patches use velocity and aftertouch.

I also had some ideas for features, the Macro labels for a start. :)

Hy-Poly also didn't crash once on my system which was nice. I think if people try this new version they are going to be nicely surprised.

:tu:

Yet another really solid update with some very nice new presets. It's certainly made Go2 redundant. I have to remember to use this more. It's a really well thought-out instrument with loads of versatility.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ok it seems the installer has been updated on mac to include factory waveforms. Everything works fine for me too now!

Criminally under-rated synth, this. If it was $179, it would probably do much better.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:11 am Criminally under-rated synth, this. If it was $179, it would probably do much better.
If he bumped the sound quality juuuuuust a nudge. The algorithms are top shelf, and they would shine through.

The sound quality is well up to standard. If there is anything holding it back, it's that it has a distinctly "digital" character to it a lot of the time. It's a little too shiny and clean.

This one is beuty!

yobare wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:49 am This one is beuty!
Sure is! I reckon it's going to get better and better too. :tu:

has the free version been updated aswell? there is no info on updates for the free version on Kvr or Tadashi's website.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 pm has the free version been updated aswell? there is no info on updates for the free version on Kvr or Tadashi's website.
I think so. I went to the site and followed the link to the latest update and the free version was there for download.

Erisian wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:33 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:22 pm has the free version been updated aswell? there is no info on updates for the free version on Kvr or Tadashi's website.
I think so. I went to the site and followed the link to the latest update and the free version was there for download.
Thanks. I actually already have the free version installed, but since the Commercial version has been updated recently i was wondering if the free one has been aswell. It has some quirks like non working mod and pitchweel.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

It's a nice machine and the sequencer is a lot of fun. :tu:

No
look at the files date (open the non-intaller zip...still September 5)
would be nice if HY could add the release number to the download files

I didn't update free version.
When I have a time, I will do it.

Tadashi

Return to “Instruments”