Introducing the DCO-106!

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cherry Audio on fire!

I think it's a bit odd for people that bought the DCO-60 that the next modelling enhancements of the juno 106 emulation are a complete new product, without updating the old one. Just saying.

Do not mind to pay for updates, but I don't like this fragmentation.
Last edited by midi_transmission on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nvmd

cherryDan wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:00 am November 1st, 2020 - Cherry Audio's next big thing is on its way..

https://youtu.be/in2Ar0jxdE8

- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Waiting! :hyper:

My wallet is already open :P

:hihi:

Meanwhile, I am playing with DCO-106 and I notice that with the latest update the ENV slider on the VCF is perhaps not behaving correctly. When the ENV button is set to positive waveform, when I start pushing the ENV slider up from 0% (with LFO slider fully up), the modulation decreases and is eventually there is no modulation when ENV slider is at 100%.

When the ENV button is set to negative waveform, when I start pushing the ENV slider up from 0% (with LFO slider fully up), the modulation decreases and is eventually there is no sound when ENV slider is at 100%.

Typically when you increase the ENV slider, from 0% to 100%, the modulation should slowly increase and be at its maximum when it is at 100%. But it is not the same here.

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Sorry if this sounds silly, but any help is appreciated.

Is that on a certain preset or one you made? Maybe the filter cutoff isn't turned down enough to hear a change. If it is fully open (AFAIK) you wouldn't hear a change from the ENV for the filter, unless I am not understanding what you meant (?).

Examigan wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:36 pm Is that on a certain preset or one you made? Maybe the filter cutoff isn't turned down enough to hear a change. If it is fully open (AFAIK) you wouldn't hear a change from the ENV for the filter, unless I am not understanding what you meant (?).
It's on a preset that I was trying to make. IIRC, the filter cutoff was indeed turned down enough. I think there is some sort of problem going on here, but I will double check my observations today.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:19 pm Would be great to have NKS support for this.
https://freelancesoundlabs.com/index.ph ... s/item/361

Cherry Audio has released an update to DCO-106 (1.0.21) which include a new "favorites" feature for presets, as well as several fixes.

Favorites Feature

Right-click on a preset (or ctrl-click on macOS) and select "Favorite" to add it to the favorites preset list. Favorite presets will show up in a separate "<Favorites>" category in the preset browser.

In addition, we've fixed issues with high-frequency aliasing artifacts that could potentially show up when using DCO-106 at 44.1 kHz, window resizing issues with some DAWs, and more.

For a complete list of changes, please see the version history page here:

DCO-106 version history: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/dco ... on-history

The update to DCO-106 will automatically download the next time you run the software, unless you've turned off automatic updating, or Internet access is not available to the plug-ins. Or, you can download the updates any time from the download page here:

DCO-106 download page: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/dco-106/download

Thanks for your support!

- Dan @ Cherry Audio

Anyone else having an issue in Windows 10, 2004... the plug in opens but all I get is Cherry wallpaper , a notification of syncing with server and then.. nothing. no plug in? I have a ticket open with Cherry and we're working on it but was curious if anyone else had experienced this...

bought it, enjoying it.

Does DCO-106 have a SLOP or DRIFT setting hidden anywhere in it?

Does the square wave have aliasing problem in the lower register?
Playing some low notes gives me a sound that sounds like 2 notes playing at different octaves and not in a good way.

You hear the problem better if you raise the volume and try to add some pwm in manual mode and set the envelope release to 0.
Roland Juno 106 and tal uno lx does not do this and the weird part is that the sub osc in Dco 106 is also fine.

The new update fixed what i was hearing in the lower register with the pulse wave and pwm :tu:
Last edited by D-Fusion on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

midi_transmission wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:44 pm I think it's a bit odd for people that bought the DCO-60 that the next modelling enhancements of the juno 106 emulation are a complete new product, without updating the old one. Just saying.

Do not mind to pay for updates, but I don't like this fragmentation.
Are you talking about the modular thing? Not sure how that plays into this, since I bought a stand alone instrument, not a modular anything. I personally don't care for modular at all, so getting decent stand alone instrument is what I was after, not updates to a system I want nothing to do with. Cherry made these for my type, I believe.

I RESPECT modular, I just have no interest or time for it.

Hi friends,

Today Cherry Audio has released DCO-106 1.0.29 and Build 46. This update includes improved GUI performance, significantly improved GUI efficiency on macOS (especially on Big Sur), improved DAW tempo sync, and several other minor improvements and bug fixes.

You can find a complete list of updates on our version history page here: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/dco ... on-history

You can download the 1.0.29 installer here: https://cherryaudio.com/instruments/dco-106/download

Build 46 will download automatically the next time you run DCO-106, unless you've turned off automatic updates.

Thanks!
- Dan @ Cherry Audio
Last edited by cherryDan on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cherry Audio”