Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.31 Free Update & Promotion

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.31, a free update for our DIY audio plug-in, is here! Don't miss the re-introduction offer (20% off until March 15th)! :party:

What's New:
- Arrow keys can now be used to navigate presets, in the main view or in the presets browser.
- Next/Previous preset can now be triggered by MIDI CC commands.
- New DSP workload meter in the status bar.
- Smoother presets switching.
- Improved smooth plug-in bypass.
- Level meters do not use CPU anymore when the user interface is closed.
- Many optimizations for faster GUI loading and reduced memory usage.
- Improved performance for native DSP scripts.
- Improved plug-in loading performance, especially when having many user presets.
- Full Unicode support added to Windows platform.
- New Experimental Xml parser/writer for Angelscript.
- new KUIML actions to display presets or global settings windows: OpenPresetsSettings, OpenGlobalSettings.
- KUIML errors can now be redirected to a log file (log_file_path directive in SKIN)
- KUIML errors display in popup window can be disabled (show_messages="false" in SKIN)
- window.loaded attribute is now properly set to false and sends events when the plug-in window is closed.
- Updated Angelscript filesystem object (fixes several issues with file dates).
- VST3: fixed a GUI update issue when using automation and long buffers in Cubase (parameters values jumping).
- Fixed an issue with random Audio Unit validation failures with exported plug-ins on MacOS older than 10.12.
- Fixed transport info sometimes not properly initialized for exported plug-ins using native DSP.
- Fixed an issue with endValues not properly set when using processBlock in exported plug-ins (Native scripts only).
- Fixed crash when defining actions after using the content attribute in INCLUDE directive.
- Mac: fixed intToString Angelscript function crash.
- Mac: fixed GUI performance issues on native P3 displays and improved performance on other displays.
- Mac: fixed mouse wheel that required large movements to change parameter values.
- Mac: fixed mouse cursor flickering issues.
- Mac: fixed Esc key not closing fine edit parameter dialog.

Enjoy!

Oh, what a cool update!! Thank you!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :party:

ilyaorlov wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:40 pm Oh, what a cool update!! Thank you!!! :tu: :tu: :tu: :party:
I think you already know all the new stuff better than anyone else! ;-)

I'm still excited :)

ilyaorlov wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:55 pm I'm still excited :)
I am excited about what you are going to do with it! :tu:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:36 pm Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.31, a free update for our DIY audio plug-in (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PlugNScript/), is here! Don't miss the re-introduction offer (20% off until March 15th)! :party:

Image (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PlugNScript/)
Hello, I'm interested in using this to distribute (commercially) plugins - I just have 2 quick questions if you don't mind. 1) do the compiled plugins contain any blue cat markings / advertising that cannot be removed during compilation? I would rather users don't know which software package I use for programming. 2) Is there a licensing tool / interface that can be used to lock and unlock distributed vst's?

Thank you!

Thank you for your interest in Plug'n Script. Regaring your questions:
1) There should not be any particular advertising for Blue Cat Audio if you do not keep the logo in your skin (there is an option to remove it).
2) No particular licensing tool is provided. You can use your own licensing solution for your plug-in.

Just to add my 2 cents:
1) As you can do your own skin from scratch, you can come up with the GUI that is totally unique and doesn't mention Blue Cat Audio in any way. So no any special watermarks and whatever, everything can be personally yours. Though an experienced user can tell it's done with Blue Cat Audio's framework because of files structure, some tiny pieces that remind of Blue Cat Audio style here and there. For example your exported plugin (on Windows) is a yourplugin.dll + yourplugin-data folder, where your plugin files are located.

Thank you so much for the replies! One other question - should it be possible to host other VST's in my program? I'm wanting to create something similar to Patchwork. Do you know of any scripts I could get a hold of to use as an example? Thanks!

Hosting VSTs is another story: it is not built into Plug'n Script so you would have to write your own host. It's quite a bit of work!

Hi, I'm getting an issue when reskinning with KUIML--
There's solid black covering up the background image, but it disappears when a knob/slider in front of it moves. Here's an example using the code from the Blue Cat Chorus KUIML tutorial, no modifications.
https://youtu.be/oF3OsZz5hkM
ROLL CONTROL PLUGIN | Turn Any Perc Into Rolls.
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR | Use Particles With Your Own Instruments.
SCALE SWEEP | The easier way to perform glissandos and scale runs.

LandofMissingParts wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am Hi, I'm getting an issue when reskinning with KUIML--
There's solid black covering up the background image, but it disappears when a knob/slider in front of it moves. Here's an example using the code from the Blue Cat Chorus KUIML tutorial, no modifications.
That's odd. Which host application are you using?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:06 pm
LandofMissingParts wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am Hi, I'm getting an issue when reskinning with KUIML--
That's odd. Which host application are you using?
Running as an AU in Logic 10.5.1
Currently I'm working around by placing my background image in the body instead, since it is just one image that doesn't need to be repeated. That seems to be working okay.

Can you maybe give more details about the skin? Is it a fully custom skin for Pns or a .kuiml file for your script? Can you maybe post the code?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 pm Can you maybe give more details about the skin? Is it a fully custom skin for Pns or a .kuiml file for your script? Can you maybe post the code?
The skin is from the kuiml skin tutorial (using Blue Cat Audio Chorus) on your website, without any modifications:
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Create/

I just checked again by re-downloading (from the above link), then going into the "Using Sliders" folder and reskinning the Chorus. I see the same black blocking the background image. It's not a pressing issue for me though, since I'm able to work around it by placing my background image in the xml body instead. 8)
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 4.16.06 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”