Reason+ = subscription model (20€ month)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sQeetz wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 amThere was a suggestion here that I could still use my other REs with something like Reason Lite. But Reason Lite is nowhere to be found anymore.
$88 with 'forum' code at checkout:
https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-11-intro
sQeetz wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 amSo Friktion and the REs are gone for me :party: :?
By the same token Cubase Pro 11 is "gone for me" because I've unistalled it and the serial + eLicenser are in a box in a drawer somewhere :) :shrug:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:09 am
sQeetz wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:03 amThere was a suggestion here that I could still use my other REs with something like Reason Lite. But Reason Lite is nowhere to be found anymore.
$88 with 'forum' code at checkout:
https://www.jrrshop.com/propellerhead-reason-11-intro
yeah, thanks for the suggestion, but this version will probably never ever be updated to be supported on Apple Silicon Macs. As I wrote two posts above, Reason plugin runs poorly on them...
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:14 amyeah, thanks for the suggestion, but this version will probably never ever be updated to be supported on Apple Silicon Macs. As I wrote two posts above, Reason plugin runs poorly on them...
Yeah, that's very unlikely indeed :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:09 amBy the same token Cubase Pro 11 is "gone for me" because I've unistalled it and the serial + eLicenser are in a box in a drawer somewhere :) :shrug:
bummer.... :lol:
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Cancel Culture Club wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:15 pm Subscription models don't allow for the accumulation of equity in the product or a sense of investment in terms of ownership. So the long term affects aren't quite as clear, but it's clear there will be some.
Let's also not forget about brand loyalty and the key role it plays in renewals and upgrades, all the way down to word of mouth and the organic spread of marketing. There will be unforeseen challenges ahead for a lot of comparable companies, that are currently battling in a crowded field of excellent choices.

What happens when everyone figures out it doesn't matter which DAW you use, but which DAW you choose to really start using/working in it's current iteration?

Third party developers these days put a lot of function and features within their plugins. Leaving less dependency on the DAW to perform such activities Also the ability to edit and sound design at a click of the mouse with only a little extra elbow grease still works the old fashion way.

It's going to become more difficult to retain interest and lure customers with new products, while keeping the financial relationship profitable. It's going to come to a point where due to hyperinflation of low cost subscription models, that supply and demand could play a bigger role in the future...

Cancel Culture Club wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:43 pmWhat happens when everyone figures out it doesn't matter which DAW you use...
World peace! :hug:
Music tech enthusiast

Why did they remove the Europa VST and other VST licenses from my account? This is horror, they are constantly deleting something.

future-bit wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:43 pm Why did they remove the Europa VST and other VST licenses from my account? This is horror, they are constantly deleting something.
Europa VST has been discontinued for over a year. The idea is you can use it in Reason Rack Plugin (assuming you're on Reason 11, which I know sucks for those that are not). I'm also assuming you got it for free when 10 was released. If it's not the case, i.e. you bought it somewhere, you should contact support to get a working serial.

Which other VSTs you're missing?
Music tech enthusiast

future-bit wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:43 pm Why did they remove the Europa VST and other VST licenses from my account? This is horror, they are constantly deleting something.
Yeah, a while back i bought Europa from a third party not knowing it was gone. Had to contact support just to get an installer and a serial number. To say nothing of discontinuing a product less than two years old, I do think it's pretty shameful that they don't even let you keep it in your account, with a download link. To me that's the bare minimum they could do.

Are you needing to install it? I still have the installer on cloud storage somewhere. PM me if you need it, hopefully you still have your license key.

What, this is crazy! I wasn't using it because I have Intro and the Rack plugin in its current iteration is big enough on my screen, but indeed it is gone from my account. Weren't they charging like $150 for the VST? It's one thing to stop supporting it, but to remove it from owners' accounts is something else entirely.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Real sorry about this, it's a bug that came about when the web team re-worked the account pages for Reason+. It's not gone from your account and we should have a fix deployed within a day or two.

Again, our apologies!

Anosou wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 am
Real sorry about this, it's a bug that came about when the web team re-worked the account pages for Reason+. It's not gone from your account and we should have a fix deployed within a day or two.

Again, our apologies!
Thanks, I see that all VSTs in the section are back.

VST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Flagship DAW called Protools is subscription based now 😉
How is that any different to Reason..?

Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 am Flagship DAW called Protools is subscription based now 😉
Protools might be the flagship DAW in big commercial studios, video post work, and maybe sprinkle in some music school graduates and old school band mates. But not sure it's as popular among beatmakers, bedroom producers, singer/songwriters and independent artists.

Which doesn't really matter when you're talking about subscriptions, to some they feel innovative, to others they feel like desperate moves... You're never going to satisfy everyone, but discussing concerns can help make someone else's experience better.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:57 am Flagship DAW called Protools is subscription based now 😉
If every DAW/Instrument developer went Subscription based, Reason would be near last on that long list of what would be 'worth' paying a sub, while ProTools would likely be at the top.

And I can't stand ProTools, yet love Reason Rack (not the DAW).
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”