DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

melodyz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:44 pm on the Fire how do I switch between a track instrument like drum machine and the first and second device parameters.. and then back again to the instrument and track selection? isnt it the alt plus selector knob (user 1)? It doesnt seem to work on the drum machine. I would rather have it work on any mode channel, mixer, user 1 and user 2.
We would just need more buttons and knobs :-)

Yes,, devices are selected with Alt+Select knob iun User mode 1. Maybe you are inside of a drum pad when it does not work.
melodyz wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:44 pm I was wondering too is there way to create a midi clip with the count in record mode in the clip area? I can do it with mouse, but it would be smoother if we could do it on the fire.
You, can do this by pressing the pad in the session but I am not sure if it works all the time. Maybe only when stopped (this is a Bitwig thing).

DrivenByMoss 11.6.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • APC40mkI/mkII
    • New: The selected clip in the session is now glowing white (mkII) or blinking yellow (mkI).
  • Fire
    • New: The selected clip in the session is now blinking white (if not played back or recording).
  • Generic Flexi
    • Fixed: Resolution for relative knobs was limited to 128 steps.
  • Launchkey Mk3
    • New: Fader button is glowing if the track is selected.
    • New: Fader buttons are turned off if track does not exist.
    • New: Shift + Play switches playback back to arranger on all tracks.
    • New: Play + Pad switches playback back to arranger on the track which contains the clip.
  • Maschine Mk3 / Mikro Mk3
    • New: Pattern + Pad stops the clip.
  • MCU
    • New: If Select Channel on Fader Touch is set to Off, touching the master fader is ignored as well.
  • Push
    • New: Adding a track has now a menu which allows to add favorite devices. These favorites can be configured in the settings (currently only Bitwig devices).
    • New: The selected clip in the session is now glowing white (if not played back or recording).
Enjoy!

Hi,
i configured track volume sends 1, 2, 3 for test purpose and it works fine, but after quitting Bitwig 3.3.1 and launching again, the assignment is gone. I have clicked export in flexi before quitting and saved the template but nothing happens..

Launchpad-X, can you please map Actions used in realtime with the Shift to a place where we can activate them with one hand.
we have unmapped pads in the first column from the right, if I would rank them by priority:
1 - Record (replacing the Actual "Capture Midi" pad) action,(suggested location 8,3)
2 - Duplicate (8,4)
3 - Undo (8,5)
4 - Delete (8,6)
there are also 3 pads available in the second or first row which can be used for:
1 - Play
2 - Automation recording Enable
3 - Arr.loop on/off
There 3 more available in the first row in case you add them in the future.
BTW - I am also a software developer, had a look at your code, Loved the excellent design.
Last edited by Ezzzer on Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

babyblue wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:06 pm Hi,
i configured track volume sends 1, 2, 3 for test purpose and it works fine, but after quitting Bitwig 3.3.1 and launching again, the assignment is gone. I have clicked export in flexi before quitting and saved the template but nothing happens..
I guess you have a mixed up user interface. That's a long standing Bitwig bug that non-existing settings still show up.
To solve the issue remove the Generic Flexi instance and add it again (make sure you have the latest DrivenByMoss installed). You should now only see a Save and Load button. Use Save to store your settings.

Ezzzer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:15 am Launchpad-X, can you please map Actions used in realtime with the Shift to a place where we can activate them with one hand.
we have unmapped buttons in the first column from the right, if I would rank them by priority:
1 - Record (replacing the Actual "Capture Midi" button) action,(suggested location 8,3)
2 - Duplicate (8,4)
3 - Undo (8,5)
4 - Delete (8,6)
there are also 3 buttons available in the second or first row which can be used for:
1 - Play
3 - Arr.loop on/off
BTW - I am also a software developer, had a look at your code, Loved the excellent design.
I do not understand what you mean by "unmapped buttons".

Hi Moss,
Your latest update intended to make the selected clip blink (APC40 here), but I think all unselected clip are blinking now instead (which is a bit harsh on the eye 😎)
Cheers, Joris

joris.roling wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 am Hi Moss,
Your latest update intended to make the selected clip blink (APC40 here), but I think all unselected clip are blinking now instead (which is a bit harsh on the eye 😎)
Cheers, Joris
I knew I should have tested it... :dog:

No worries, stuff happens. Thank you for your continued supprt!

Cheers,
Joris

moss wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:40 pm DrivenByMoss 11.6.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
Amazing work you do!! Much appreciation!

moss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:23 am
Ezzzer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:15 am Launchpad-X, can you please map Actions used in realtime with the Shift to a place where we can activate them with one hand.
we have unmapped buttons in the first column from the right, if I would rank them by priority:
1 - Record (replacing the Actual "Capture Midi" button) action,(suggested location 8,3)
2 - Duplicate (8,4)
3 - Undo (8,5)
4 - Delete (8,6)
there are also 3 buttons available in the second or first row which can be used for:
1 - Play
3 - Arr.loop on/off
I do not understand what you mean by "unmapped buttons".
I meant Pads, sorry for calling them buttons :-). when we press the shift there are some pads that are not mapped to any command and can be used for small hand users that can't reach the record pad while pressing the Shift pad.

Launchpad-X :
Bug - when in arrangement mode the movement pads are still acting like in mix mode.
instead of moving right/left the tracks are selected up/down.

Hi Jürgen... Thanks soo much. Today a have a jam with the 11.6
0 the white lightning function on copy a clip is sooo nice and help a lot and the new Favorit instrument
Is the heaven 😄...

Thanks for your work!
Trying the new version now in Bitwig 3.3.1 on APCmini.

I've noticed a problem, when holding Shift and pressing one of the buttons in the top row (which switch between Session/Play/Sequencer/etc modes).
The press event is also being processed after switching the mode.

For example, if I was in Sequencer mode and switched into Session mode (ie pressed Shift and top-left button), after mode switched to Session, the press on top-left button also processed and launched first clip on the first track.

(that always happens, even if i'm trying to press like _really_ quick)

i think it can be solved by sending turn off signal for according midi note from inside switchToView() func but i 1)not sure that's the correct approach 2)only started moving from bitwig 1.x based setup, so idk yet how to build new type of extensions from macos in order to try that theory out

Return to “Controller Scripting”