Studio One 5 Available Now (5.1.2 Released Jan 19 2021)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
GRRRRRRR!
11122 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 am

Digivolt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 am
Yet another issue with S1 and a previously working perfectly plugin, this time Creative Intent Tantrum, everything works fine until I actually have the plugin in view then the etire Studio One ui is totally unresponsive including all plugins apart from the ui of Tantrum and the ability to drag it around the screen, to get the ui to work as normal again I have to stop the track with spacebar and double click on the insert on track to minimise Tantrum and all other ui functions return.
I just tried it and it works fine here. I do have a decent graphics card though, an RTX2060, which might make a difference.
The VST3 issue with Smexoscope and Span still persists too, studio one see's it at scan but for some reason refuses to load it in plugin list
Can you get to it if you search from Studio One's browser? I've had to do that a few times with newly installed plugins.
NOVAkILL : Dell G7 Core i7, 32GB RAM, Win10, Zoom U24 | Studio One | Thorn, bx_oberhausen, ARP Odyssey, JP6K, Hexeract, Vacuum Pro, TRK-01, Knifonium, Equator, VG Carbon, VG Iron | Uno, Analog Keys, Ultranova, Rocket.

KVRian
869 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:46 am

BONES wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 am
I just tried it and it works fine here. I do have a decent graphics card though, an RTX2060, which might make a difference.
1080Ti here which is still a decent card, I would imagine it's one of those unique bugs that is a result of Studio One not liking a combination of my hardware and programs running which won't easily be troubleshot
Can you get to it if you search from Studio One's browser? I've had to do that a few times with newly installed plugins.
I've tried all possible ways I can think of for scanning, they show up fine in Ableton, Element and Waveform it's only Studio One that is refusing to load them, it's annoying as like Tantrum they were working perfectly fine in v4, although since going from 4 to 5 I did upgrade my rig so everything is a fresh install but if anything a fresh install should ensure things work, not break

KVRist
479 posts since 19 Oct, 2020

Post Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:50 am

BONES wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:26 am
Digivolt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:39 am
Yet another issue with S1 and a previously working perfectly plugin, this time Creative Intent Tantrum, everything works fine until I actually have the plugin in view then the etire Studio One ui is totally unresponsive including all plugins apart from the ui of Tantrum and the ability to drag it around the screen, to get the ui to work as normal again I have to stop the track with spacebar and double click on the insert on track to minimise Tantrum and all other ui functions return.
The VST3 issue with Smexoscope and Span still persists too, studio one see's it at scan but for some reason refuses to load it in plugin list
I remember having had the opposite problem, removed plugins stayed in the list until I re-scanned for plugins 4 times and restarted 3 times (or so, but definitely more than tree times).

KVRian
869 posts since 21 Nov, 2018

Post Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:16 am

I think I found a new bug

If you record into a layer that already has a layer, even if that layer has no midi data, when you stop recording it will set track length to infinity

As an example

Normal track length with Sitala layer

Recorded layer where there was no layer previously

Track length after I recorded into an already existing Sitala layer (it had no midi information prior to recording)

You can see there's no midi data after I stop recording yet for some reason it extends to near infinity, 110k bars may as well be infinity

It might be a Hy-Seq bug though as I'm using that to send the midi data to control the pads on Sitala although I don't see why it would do this on stopping recording

KVRist
114 posts since 4 Jul, 2020

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their licence? I have had mine since September 2020, bought it on this board, but out of the blue I got an e-mail that my trial period ended. When I look in my Presonus account I see that my Studio One 5 Professional was added on 19 January 2021. I already contacted support but just wanted to check if others also experience this

KVRist
114 posts since 4 Jul, 2020

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:04 pm

LocalTrack19 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:08 pm
Is anyone else experiencing issues with their licence? I have had mine since September 2020, bought it on this board, but out of the blue I got an e-mail that my trial period ended. When I look in my Presonus account I see that my Studio One 5 Professional was added on 19 January 2021. I already contacted support but just wanted to check if others also experience this
Issue was solved. As usual Presonus support was super quick to respond :tu:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”