Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Digivolt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pmYet another issue with S1 and a previously working perfectly plugin, this time Creative Intent Tantrum, everything works fine until I actually have the plugin in view then the etire Studio One ui is totally unresponsive including all plugins apart from the ui of Tantrum and the ability to drag it around the screen, to get the ui to work as normal again I have to stop the track with spacebar and double click on the insert on track to minimise Tantrum and all other ui functions return.
I just tried it and it works fine here. I do have a decent graphics card though, an RTX2060, which might make a difference.
The VST3 issue with Smexoscope and Span still persists too, studio one see's it at scan but for some reason refuses to load it in plugin list
Can you get to it if you search from Studio One's browser? I've had to do that a few times with newly installed plugins.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:26 am I just tried it and it works fine here. I do have a decent graphics card though, an RTX2060, which might make a difference.
1080Ti here which is still a decent card, I would imagine it's one of those unique bugs that is a result of Studio One not liking a combination of my hardware and programs running which won't easily be troubleshot
Can you get to it if you search from Studio One's browser? I've had to do that a few times with newly installed plugins.
I've tried all possible ways I can think of for scanning, they show up fine in Ableton, Element and Waveform it's only Studio One that is refusing to load them, it's annoying as like Tantrum they were working perfectly fine in v4, although since going from 4 to 5 I did upgrade my rig so everything is a fresh install but if anything a fresh install should ensure things work, not break

BONES wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:26 am
Digivolt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:39 pmYet another issue with S1 and a previously working perfectly plugin, this time Creative Intent Tantrum, everything works fine until I actually have the plugin in view then the etire Studio One ui is totally unresponsive including all plugins apart from the ui of Tantrum and the ability to drag it around the screen, to get the ui to work as normal again I have to stop the track with spacebar and double click on the insert on track to minimise Tantrum and all other ui functions return.
I just tried it and it works fine here. I do have a decent graphics card though, an RTX2060, which might make a difference.
The VST3 issue with Smexoscope and Span still persists too, studio one see's it at scan but for some reason refuses to load it in plugin list
I remember having had the opposite problem, removed plugins stayed in the list until I re-scanned for plugins 4 times and restarted 3 times (or so, but definitely more than tree times).

I think I found a new bug

If you record into a layer that already has a layer, even if that layer has no midi data, when you stop recording it will set track length to infinity

As an example

Normal track length with Sitala layer

Recorded layer where there was no layer previously

Track length after I recorded into an already existing Sitala layer (it had no midi information prior to recording)

You can see there's no midi data after I stop recording yet for some reason it extends to near infinity, 110k bars may as well be infinity

It might be a Hy-Seq bug though as I'm using that to send the midi data to control the pads on Sitala although I don't see why it would do this on stopping recording

Is anyone else experiencing issues with their licence? I have had mine since September 2020, bought it on this board, but out of the blue I got an e-mail that my trial period ended. When I look in my Presonus account I see that my Studio One 5 Professional was added on 19 January 2021. I already contacted support but just wanted to check if others also experience this

LocalTrack19 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:08 pm Is anyone else experiencing issues with their licence? I have had mine since September 2020, bought it on this board, but out of the blue I got an e-mail that my trial period ended. When I look in my Presonus account I see that my Studio One 5 Professional was added on 19 January 2021. I already contacted support but just wanted to check if others also experience this
Issue was solved. As usual Presonus support was super quick to respond :tu:

I feel a bit stupid now... did you guys know that you can actually use VST's "normal" MIDI learn when you don't learn your MIDI controller's controls for the Studio One Control Link? Well, I didn't... and I always hated the restrictions not being able to use the VST's MIDI learn. After years of using Studio One, I found out by coincidence when I read it in a reddit comment. Could have used the "normal" VST's MIDI learn all along, and didn't even know it. :dog:

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:31 pm I feel a bit stupid now... did you guys know that you can actually use VST's "normal" MIDI learn when you don't learn your MIDI controller's controls for the Studio One Control Link? Well, I didn't... and I always hated the restrictions not being able to use the VST's MIDI learn. After years of using Studio One, I found out by coincidence when I read it in a reddit comment. Could have used the "normal" VST's MIDI learn all along, and didn't even know it. :dog:
Can you give more info on that?
Either how to do it, or a link to the Reddit comment?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Here is the comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/StudioOne/comm ... &context=3

You don't actually need to setup your controller new, it's enough to simply remove the controls you learned for Control Link.

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:37 pm 5.2 coming out soon?

https://twitter.com/PreSonus/status/136 ... 38853?s=19
We will find out on Tuesday :hyper: At least its not a long teaser!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:39 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:37 pm 5.2 coming out soon?

https://twitter.com/PreSonus/status/136 ... 38853?s=19
We will find out on Tuesday :hyper: At least its not a long teaser!
Frankly it looks like clip launcher is coming. Pause the video at those orchestral hits around 0:04 and 0:07 - those are NOT screenshots of Show Page, unless they've redesigned it :o

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I think a lot of people were expecting full clip launcher in 5 (after logic and DP did it) and were a little underwhelmed with the show page...maybe it just wasn't quite ready for the 5 launch. It could be a Live type clip launcher or something like a real time arranger to tie in more with the show page ethos?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

It looks like clips or maybe some kind of song arrangement. Either way, let's wait and see :D

There is also this:
Screenshot_2021-03-05 PreSonus on Twitter.png
Looks like automation on audio event.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”