Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

mladi wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:31 pm
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:27 pm It doesn't break everything.
rsp
No, that was Bruce Lee.. :roll:
that's life kid
suck from the box!

there's a dave spiers connection to bruce lee :lol:

rsp
So what? That it breaks as much stuff as it does is unacceptable.

elxsound wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:08 pm Any chance they're going this route to explore an iOS version release?
Something waltercruz posted:
waltercruz wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:14 pm Well, back to OB-E, from the manual:

OB-E Manual wrote: "OB-E INTERFACE RESIZE TAB
Clicking on the tab at the top-left of the Upper Module exposes a numerical display with which you can choose a percentage size for your OB-E. To select the value, click and hold on the numerical display, then move the mouse up or down. Moving upwards increases the percentage value and once a size is selected, close the OB-E interface and then reopen it. The newly opened interface will take on the previously selected value."
Ok, this feels bad.
(Bolding his, but underlining is mine and what I'm referring to :D)

Struck me as a bit of a iOS-sounding thing. You wouldn't click-and-drag to select a numeric setting on desktop/laptop (just thinking about that makes me wince a little bit, that's what drop-downs and text entry boxes are for) but it's a bit more of a common interface method when dealing with touchscreens.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:11 pm
rsp
For you. There are millions of happy mac users.
Rsp
sound sculptist

...well at least it supports 10.11 and up. That and windows and I would have had to think about it a little more but I think I want an RD-8 more.

rsp
Dude STFU with that stuff. This isnt a Windows vs Mac thread. You have no f**king clue anyhow as you pointed out you're not a Mac user.

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 pm
rsp
For you. There are millions of happy mac users.
Rsp
This thread is not a release thread, we already have reports complaining about it turning to a mac vs pc thread. It will not and if it goes that way, I'll just lock it until there is a release.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Would be nice to get some more opinions of the actual thing from people who bought it vs. this Mac/Windows BS.

right that's this thread knackered then isn't it!?
cheese-shop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 am Would be nice to get some more opinions of the actual thing from people who bought it vs. this Mac/Windows BS.
I'm trying to, but there's this f'n dmg file I can't figure what to do with. :hihi:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Hoooo, boy.

As soon as I saw that it's Mac only: Uh-oh.

I would have bought it before work this morning - I owned an FVS-1 for many years (4-voice version of the EVS) and do indeed miss the sound.

OK: Apparently Gforce is advertising for an "intern"(?) to help them with ports, etc. - is there anybody here on KVR w/C++/Juce creds that would be willing to help them with this?

waltercruz wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:14 pm
Can't deny that this small feeling of revenge feels good.

Well, back to OB-E, from the manual:

OB-E Manual wrote: "OB-E INTERFACE RESIZE TAB
Clicking on the tab at the top-left of the Upper Module exposes a numerical display with which you can choose a percentage size for your OB-E. To select the value, click and hold on the numerical display, then move the mouse up or down. Moving upwards increases the percentage value and once a size is selected, close the OB-E interface and then reopen it. The newly opened interface will take on the previously selected value."
Ok, this feels bad.
well, it's not THAT bad really, because you won't need to resize the interface all the time :oops:

You need the interface large, the text is really hard to read. Sounds good, interface is disappointing in my opinion.

Return to “Instruments”