SONiVOX Stratum

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Stratum Transwave Synth

That was over 5 years ago! The internet never forgets...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

It was obviously a joke if you look at the post before mine and the few after it. Anyway, I'm famous at UVI. :party:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yours was the 3rd post on the first page. I suppose the UVI marketing team didn't have time to read through 411 pages of brilliant KVR insights on Falcon, LOL!!!

^ :hihi:

SONiVOX Stratum still crashing on start up. Stand-alone and Plugin.

Have reinstalled PACE in case Windoze messed it up with an update but still no go.

All my other iLok protected plugins working.

Will have to wait for a reply from AKAI or SONiVOX. I have no idea what to try next.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

solina + stratum for 12€ (with a $4.99 audiodeluxe money reward), not trying it yet but i like what i had listen on a few youtube video...
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

There was another thread going around recently regarding Plugin Boutique pulling AIR downloads for Windows 10 until the installers were fixed. I assume that Sonivox may have had the same issues, as they come from the same place as AIR and Akai (inMusic Brands).

https://support.pluginboutique.com/hc/e ... nload-Area
Due to a major incompatibility issue with various AIR Music Technology software and a recent Windows 10 update, we have made the decision to remove all affected products from sale at Plugin Boutique while we await updated installers which will fix this problem. As a result of this, we DO NOT recommend Windows 10 users download and install any AIR Music Technology software, excluding the products listed with the downloads here.

Hasn't it been renamed to AIR Scrotum?
However, it has a bag full of sounds (obviously).

zzz00m wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:05 pm There was another thread going around recently regarding Plugin Boutique pulling AIR downloads for Windows 10 until the installers were fixed. I assume that Sonivox may have had the same issues, as they come from the same place as AIR and Akai (inMusic Brands).

https://support.pluginboutique.com/hc/e ... nload-Area
Due to a major incompatibility issue with various AIR Music Technology software and a recent Windows 10 update, we have made the decision to remove all affected products from sale at Plugin Boutique while we await updated installers which will fix this problem. As a result of this, we DO NOT recommend Windows 10 users download and install any AIR Music Technology software, excluding the products listed with the downloads here.
SONiVOX had some issues, but Pluginboutique.com had pulled their Windows installers -- all of them, even for previous versions of Windows. They'll give you access to any SONiVOX installers you ask for (which they did for me), but they'll tell you you're on your own if they crash Windows with a BSOD. That's why I was surprised to see SONiVOX and some retailers (such as JRR Shop) still offering the plug-ins, with this one on sale now. (JRR's site still shows an offer for a free plug-in if you buy Stratum...in 2018.)

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Let the buyer beware!

I wanted to confirm that Stratum absolutely crashes Windows 10-64 bit when you load it inside a DAW. Interestingly, another product I got at the same time using iLok from them actually works - its just the Stratum that breaks. I can run it in standalone mode for a little bit, but if I try to instance the synth inside my editor - kaboom. Dead.

I checked the crash logs for clues, opened the .dmp file and ran the exception analysis utility..
There was a call to DWrite!DWriteFactory, and immediately after to Stratum, and the crash was 2 instructions later.
also interesting was "Unable to verify timestamp for Stratum.dll"

In any case.. yes it breaks in the DAW. I'm only out 10 bucks but still. I thought it sounded nice in some YT videos I listened to and was looking forward to exploring it.

I just resurrected a Hackingtosh by reformatting and installing Windows 10 Pro on it. I'm running Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.12 w/Avid Thunderbolt Native. PC is an i9-9900K/z390/64Gb/8Gb RX580. This setup had it's issues going forward as Win 10 wants to update every time it gets the chance, my version of PT is approved for build 1909, later builds make it unstable but I got it locked down on 1909 now and all is good with the world. With one minor exception, Scrotum!

This PC is is not only a recording workstation, it's also a keyboard workstation having a Kawaii VPC1 & a Novation LaunchKey 49 hooked up to it. I've got all of Spectrasonics, Komplete13, Ivory II American D, VEP 7, Addictive Keys & Addictive Drums, SSD 3.5/4/5.5, all the Waves VIs, a crapload of plugins from Waves, Eventide, Soundtoys, Lexicon Native, all the Exponential Audio stereo reverbs and a couple of other Sonivox VIs that all work stunningly together as a system except for this one, little turd. It doesn't crash the system, it just shows a blank/black GUI. I could just not use it, forget about it and it doesn't hurt my system in any way or I could uninstall it, there's a "Uninstall" button right there in the Start Menu. Heck! It even runs fine in standalone mode but it just won't work in Pro Tools. I don't really need it but I paid money for it and I want to have it at my disposal to use as I see fit.
PITA!

@sugarnutz Yes, same issue. Standalone works, DAW doesnt. I actually reached out to the SONiVOX support, who seemed receptive. I gave them detailed crash logs. I did see the last build of Stratum Transwave Synth was in April of 2018. There's a chance that since the issue seems related to the Font Loading Factory + DWrite that its incompatible with a recent windows update or service pack.

And yes, it is curious that the other SONiVOX VSTis are working normally. Solina, which I also got at the same time, has the exact same build date as stratum (actually built within an hour of the other!). So you'd think it crashes in the DAW also? nope. works great. its ONLY .. as you put it 'this little turd'.

Lets hope that SONiVOX makes use of my detailed bug reports and fixes the bug earnestly. I believe they will, they hit me back a few times with questions about my system, and the tech support rep was very understanding and thankful for the detailed report.

One last thing to note: if you decide to report the issue, the form on the SONiVOX side did not work for me, for some reason. I needed to call in during East Coast business hours, but I was able to get to a real human, no issues. If you do call in make sure you got your windows info and system info. I think more reports might help them resolve the issue more swiftly. I am in the same boat as you.. like I don't *need* this but.. I mean I did pay real money for; right?, it so I have some nonzero investment in it. I'd love to get it going, there are some interesting patches in there, it seems fun!

Sonivox Stratum and Timewarp seems OK, but I've since deleted (despite purchasing (albeit for just ~$10) many other of their plugins over time) - It's their super old Pace/iLok drivers that do it. Completely kills Windows 10 to the point of being unbootable unless you have a restore point before you'd installed their products.

The old Air plugins Vacuum Pro & xpand2 also fall under this *DANGER* category, though I appear to have installed them in Windows 10 and not killed my own install of the OS.

@mcbpete are you saying you got Stratum working in your DAW with their current build on Windows? What is your DAW, just curious? IT would be interesting if it works in some and not others. I'm currently running the latest version of Ableton 10.

Working fine here in reaper for me:

FL too:

Return to “Instruments”