Diva performances - still not doing any better over the years, M1 with Big Sur not improving

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love this vst don't get me wrong but I don't know what's wrong it's the only synth that causes me headaches due to instability and CPU overuse. I just bought a new M1 3 times more powerful than my previous MBP according to Geekbench and the CPU use by Diva seems to be higher than before lol

Edit: seems to be slightly better back to AU (vs. VST3) but still not there yet. When activating 'Multicore' the CPU load seems to be higher, that's crazy

All my other plugins in Ableton 11 stay at < 10% and altogether < 20%. Only Diva is causing such an annoyance.

I'll be using Hive 2 and Repro only until further notice. Last update is January 2020, maybe it's time for a refresher here guys.

Here's what we have on Diva and M1 so far according to our own tests, lots of info, take a look!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=556907

(as you can see, Multicore and Rosetta is "not good". Better use Diva without. Our native version performs a lot better, even with Multicore, but we're still tweaking this)

side note: CPU tests on M1 need to be taken with a grain of salt. As long as the power saving cores do their work, things may look grim, until the high performance cores kick in and do their job... so sometimes you have to push more to get better results...

Okay good to know thanks indeed might just be the display, the performance itself is not bad actually. You're working on a beta for Diva too? Looking forward to see the results in a few months I guess. Rest of u-he products just work amazingly so far, thanks for the good work.

No worries. Everything will be updated. No stress as things have been working rather well (less the automation hiccup), but we're on it.

Return to “u-he”