ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

Anyone else getting this error, everytime you launch Nexus 3, or am I the only one on the planet with the issue?

It happens everytime I launch Nexus 3 :dog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

2 was decent for an overpriced rompler with extremely limited control, but Nexus 3 flat-out sucks.

Russell Grand wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 am 2 was decent for an overpriced rompler with extremely limited control, but Nexus 3 flat-out sucks.
I'm a fan of refx but nexus 3 has no new feature is simply nexus 2 with a new cover and a categorized browser....no mpe,same old fx.....at least include a proper multiband eq....i hope for the future updates :pray:

why? "Multiband" (?) EQs should be added in your DAW anyways, as well as other mixing chains. And Nexus 3 had really MANY new things in the update, new FX (reverbs, distortions etc), features such as a completely new browser, resizable and reworked GUI with clean look, the refx cloud for easy managment, you can edit all internal layer arps and TGs now + have access to all layer FX, insane CPU and loading time improvements and many hunded new sounds, which alone justify the upgrade price if you set it in relation to a regular XP price. I am sure I even forgot dozens of things. Furthermore it got many improvements under the hood, allowing to create even better expansions. And future expansions will need N3 anyways.

@Truesample. I guess its exactly whats written there. Seems you changed a crucial part (hardware) in your computer or did a bigger software update, so the copy protection can not recognize it as the computer it knew. Best thing is to open a support ticket in any case to get it fixed.

I wish reFX would give customers the option to go back to eLisencer dongle protection, I would do it immediately.
The current copy protection is a piece of crap full of bugs. Never had any issues with Nexus 2, it just worked. ALWAYS.

tell that the hundreds other people who were complaining about the dongle, and how much they hate it. You cant please anyone. :)
And an option of 2 paralell copy mechanisms would halve their security. This is no option unfortunately

Welcome to a brand new chapter in modern Trance music: Psytrance!

Get ready to be transported and mesmerized by inspiring arpeggios, evolving sequences, lush pads, spiky basslines, warbling effects, triplet beats, and punchy drums.

This one is a dream coming true for all Trance and EDM producers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHBSW6r ... e=youtu.be

I purchase a license of nexus 3 and this is amazing.., the 30 day online check is ok but can be a inconvenient if dont have a on line connection, i think Refx can use the same autorizer from Reason Studios to autorize the machine on you work

Wow, a Trance expansion! We didn't have any of these yet :roll:

Hello Refx,

please produce more ambient stuff...

Hardcore has never sounded happier!

This high-energy expansion is inspired by the Happy Hardcore genre created in the '90s that remains popular today.

It delivers all of the classic fast-tempo sounds that make you want to move. From fast arps, high pitched voices, and rave-ready stabs to dramatic pianos and leads, intense plucks and effects, reverse-bass combinations, and whiplash-worthy drums.

This one is perfect for any high-energy producer who is ready to add some hard edges to any EDM, Trance, 2000 Style HandsUp, or Hardstyle hit. Happy vibes are included!

https://youtu.be/U-ylcASjQL4

Yeah, I started working on some tracks, but now I get that message below on all tracks with Nexus. Really funny is, that this crap wants elicenser for Nexus 2, but since almost one year I'm using Nexus 3, Thank you for that! :evil:

And also funny is, that I can open Nexus 3 on a new DAW template without problems, but all my saved tracks before are not working anymore. I'm working on several albums since years and yesterday all that tracks worked without problems!

Also nice, the only thing the support told me yet is, that they want do a remote-desktop session?? What are they thinking, my studio PC is not a public PC for everybody?? And they also send me their opening hours for that?? But no problem, I can call my lawyer 24 hours a day!

And the fun goes on, I told them, that I didn't change my system and they answered me, this is nonsense! :tu:

FINALLY:
They closed that ticket! :tu:

But I made screenshots! :wink:

Finally I made them my last offer, that they can do their Team Viewer session, but I'll protocol evertyhing. If they still don't help I'll let my lawyer fix that!

And now they banned me from opening tickets, because "I'm as rude as it gets", so I will never get support anymore! And they wished me good luck with my lawyer! :D

But that's okay, I don't need support from that company anymore, I can prove how much work is gone now ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by clipnotic on Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:04 am, edited 22 times in total.

Selling Nexus 3.
PM me if you're interested.

So finally about that "nice support experience" yesterday , I got the problem fixed by myself and like I tried to explain several times to the support team, it had absolutely nothing to do with restore or changing paths or changing something on my system, I didn't anything like that! But I don't post the solution, because they call my descriptions nonsense. And I also read the whole "conversation" again two times and how they treated me is absolutely unacceptable, especially for a company which has "VIP prices" and I'm almosty ready to post the screenshots! But well, I got it fixed by myself and the next weeks, I will reprogram all sounds I made with Nexus in other synths and then I'll stop using that plugin forever. I'm a producer and I'm working very hard on my music and a company, which also banned me for support tickets is waste of money and time for me!

I wouldn’t want to be in customer service these days! Since there are so many configurations in different computers, it’s hard to pinpoint a specific problem to one user. That must be why they offered you remote session to understand and help you with your problem. And I don’t know of any software company that is offering 24 hours a day technical service. I’m not defending the company by the way, since I don’t have all the details.

Return to “Instruments”