Big Sur + u-he plugins compatibility notice

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why though? Who forced you to update to Big Sur, when obviously many plugins are not going to be ready for it straight away?

All audio units appear to be working again in Big Sur beta 9, released 9/29/2020

billjosey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm All audio units appear to be working again in Big Sur beta 9, released 9/29/2020
:shock:

billjosey wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:53 pm All audio units appear to be working again in Big Sur beta 9, released 9/29/2020
Yeah, I had a feeling that this was a bug, rather than an even more intrusive security model. Let's hope this remains the case.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:20 am Why though? Who forced you to update to Big Sur, when obviously many plugins are not going to be ready for it straight away?
You mean, like, put down the crack pipe?
:party: Not gonna happen! :hyper:
Non-beta OS builds are so last month. :roll:

I updated to Big Sur because i like to leave dangerously and make my own life miserable, parameter automation still has the same issue in 11.0.1

odd enough some 3rd party plugins suffer that and some don't :)

Ploki wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:58 pm odd enough some 3rd party plugins suffer that and some don't :)
It's because of the way in which the AU plugins are being built (yup, there is more than one way to create AU plugins). We meanwhile changed the way we do it to a hopefully much more future proof method. With this the AUs don't suffer from all the mentioned issues. It's already implemented in Zebra2 and ZebraHZ 2.9.2, and each of our plugins will be updated with the new AU version as soon as possible.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

i did notice zebra works fine :)
that's great news! I didn't notice this when i did a clean-wipe for the big sur and quick test just showed everything validates and loads fine and i don't wanna rollback :D

The lack of visual parameter automation is actually a feature - Diva and Re-pro are just VERY faithful reproductions of hardware synths. You don't see your Prophet 5 rev4 knob moving when you automate filter cutoff do you? :hihi:

CausticPuppy wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:33 pm The lack of visual parameter automation is actually a feature - Diva and Re-pro are just VERY faithful reproductions of hardware synths. You don't see your Prophet 5 rev4 knob moving when you automate filter cutoff do you? :hihi:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Does anyone know if the Tyrell N6 synth works with Big Sur?

Thanks

The VST2 version will work in Big Sur.
The AU version will work, too, but will exhibit the issues listed in this thread.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Sigh...Can't wait for RePro to be fully compatible with Big Sur/Apple Silicon (and Ableton Live 11 on it..). RePro 5 VST2 is giving me huge CPU spikes (no other third party VST is doing the same). Any ETA?

Yorrrrrr wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 am Sigh...Can't wait for RePro to be fully compatible with Big Sur/Apple Silicon (and Ableton Live 11 on it..). RePro 5 VST2 is giving me huge CPU spikes (no other third party VST is doing the same). Any ETA?
We have not heard of CPU spikes at all. Any particular preset or situation in which that happens?

ETA is "soon" as we have next to no negative feedback for the native version of Hive 2.1. Only, because there's no way to build AAX natively for Apple Silicon, we're bit miffed that we probably have to do a two-stage release for everything.

'A bit miffed' Wonderful German/English understatement Urs. It made me smile out loud.

Return to “u-he”