ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
KVRAF
10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:27 am

Exactly*.....

(apparently some daws look at the name not just the vst id only), but indeed my argument was about Cubendo which behaves exactly as you described.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRian
1019 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:15 am

zvenx wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:36 am
tony10000 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:45 pm
zvenx wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:12 pm
tony10000 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:44 pm
zvenx wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:11 am
Doesn't work For Cubendo on Mac or PC for sure.. Surprised it does on Studio One.
rsp
Works fine for me on Cubase Elements 10 Win.
You can change the name of a plugin and Cubase will see it as a different plugin in Cubase Elements.

Screen shot please.
rsp
I did not change the name of anything. Cubase Elements recognized it and loaded it just fine.

2021-02-27_1-05-34.jpg
And one of these is nexus 2 and one is nexus 3? Or is that nexus 3 vst 2.4 version and nexus 3 vst 3 version? My comment i believe was about the former and not the latter.

viewtopic.php?p=7993594#p7993594
Rsp
They are both Nexus 3. I have both the VST2 and VST3 versions installed.

User avatar
KVRAF
10071 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:20 am

That does not contradict my point.
Did you read the discussion before you commented?
Someone wanted to be able to use nexus2 and nexus3 simultaneously and I said that couldn't be done in Cubendo because cubendo only looks at the vst id and so renaming one, which was suggested by someone else, would not work in cubendo.
The convo was not about vst2 vs vst3.
rsp
sound sculptist

User avatar
KVRian
693 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:07 am

tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 am
msvs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:30 pm
tony10000 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pm
clipnotic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm
tony10000 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:35 pm

Better read the EULA:

https://refx.com/eula/
That has nothing to do with their EULA, but rather with the basics of dealing with customers!
I have contacted their support several times and had no issues. Why did they ban you? What did you do?

As for suing them, better read the EULA. That is the agreement between you and refx.
One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

Just talk to somebody else. ;)
thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:
Some people think just because they bought a product, they have the right to run the company.
I'm buying VSTs since over 15 years and I would never banned from support service, I also was beta tester several times, so other companies have no problems with me. And the last years I also had big problems only with just two synths and both companies seem knowing each other very good, because their "nice" dealing with customers is exactly the same.

For me it's no problem, I have so much synths, I can easily use them instead and none of their companies is banning users from support.

But discussing this again is a waste of time ...

KVRian
1019 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 pm

clipnotic wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:07 am
tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 am
msvs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 pm
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:30 pm
tony10000 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:29 pm
clipnotic wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:47 pm


That has nothing to do with their EULA, but rather with the basics of dealing with customers!
I have contacted their support several times and had no issues. Why did they ban you? What did you do?

As for suing them, better read the EULA. That is the agreement between you and refx.
One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

Just talk to somebody else. ;)
thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:
Some people think just because they bought a product, they have the right to run the company.
I'm buying VSTs since over 15 years and I would never banned from support service, I also was beta tester several times, so other companies have no problems with me. And the last years I also had big problems only with just two synths and both companies seem knowing each other very good, because their "nice" dealing with customers is exactly the same.

For me it's no problem, I have so much synths, I can easily use them instead and none of their companies is banning users from support.

But discussing this again is a waste of time ...
You must have done something to trigger a ban. Refx does not just ban people for no reason.

Just sell your license and move on...

User avatar
KVRian
693 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am

DJErmac wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:30 pm
One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

Just talk to somebody else. ;)
msvs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 pm

thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:
tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 am
Some people think just because they bought a product, they have the right to run the company.
tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 pm
You must have done something to trigger a ban. Refx does not just ban people for no reason.

Just sell your license and move on...
Who do you think you are to tell me, what I have to do?

But fine, as yet I tried it peaceful, but it seems that's worth nothing

I'm none of the users in that following links!

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/refx.com

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moa ... pport.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/ ... _problems/

If you want more, I can post more!

Now you and also refx employees in this forum should consider whether it is necessary only because of a mix of a bit (!) "rudeness" and misunderstanding in a hard situation, banning users completely from support!

And also this fight here should stop, but if it goes on, then I fight back! But again, I'm also a peaceful guy, everyone is in a bad mood sometimes and I'm also ready to clarify it. At the moment I can do this only here in a public forum, because they banned me.
Last edited by clipnotic on Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRian
1188 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 am

clipnotic wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am
Now you and also refx employees in this forum (...)
You see why I think he's funny. :D :D :D :D

User avatar
KVRian
693 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:26 am

DJErmac wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23 am
clipnotic wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am
Now you and also refx employees in this forum (...)
You see why I think he's funny. :D :D :D :D
msvs is a sounddesigner for refx or not?

KVRian
1019 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am

clipnotic wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:58 am
DJErmac wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:30 pm
One of the funniest guys around. Don't waste your time with him. Just let him talk. :D

You can see his agressivity and condescension here, so you can guess how he talked to ReFX support...

"Beware, I'm somebody very dangerous, if you try to f*** with me I'll win"... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already had a good laugh with him once. In his head he's a powerful young man, he's here to teach us. :D

Just talk to somebody else. ;)
msvs wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:44 pm

thank you, you made my day :clap: :lol:
tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:03 am
Some people think just because they bought a product, they have the right to run the company.
tony10000 wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 pm
You must have done something to trigger a ban. Refx does not just ban people for no reason.

Just sell your license and move on...
Who do you think you are to tell me, what I have to do?

But fine, as yet I tried it peaceful, but it seems that's worth nothing

I'm none of the users in that following links!

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/refx.com

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/the-moa ... pport.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/edmproduction/ ... _problems/

If you want more, I can post more!

Now you and also refx employees in this forum should consider whether it is necessary only because of a mix of a bit (!) "rudeness" and misunderstanding in a hard situation, banning users completely from support!

And also this fight here should stop, but if it goes on, then I fight back! But again, I'm also a peaceful guy, everyone is in a bad mood sometimes and I'm also ready to clarify it. At the moment I can do this only here in a public forum, because they banned me.
I read the complaints. Most had to do with the fact that you had to send broken e-licensers to Canada. With Nexus 3, there is no more e-licenser. Problem solved. You still did not say what you did to trigger the ban. And, I aways like to hear both sides of the story before making a determination.

User avatar
KVRian
693 posts since 19 Sep, 2007 from Germany

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am

No, you didn't read all complaints and also not, what is still written in this forum. So, a discussion with you is waste of time and also provokes more and more fight!

KVRian
792 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 am

Sorry double post
Last edited by Ryan99 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRian
792 posts since 30 Nov, 2011

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 am

I don’t think arguing here about this won’t resolve anything. I kindly suggest we all move over this and keep this thread on track.

KVRian
1019 posts since 4 Aug, 2017

Post Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:39 am

Ryan99 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:30 am
I don’t think arguing here about this won’t resolve anything. I kindly suggest we all move over this and keep this thread on track.
I agree....

KVRer
9 posts since 15 Nov, 2011

Post Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:17 am

Hi, can Nexus 3 preset be changed via program change ? if yes how ?
I did not find anything except "Midi Preset-select" in System enabled...
Thanks for help
Dan

KVRer
7 posts since 10 Jan, 2021

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:18 pm

I bought the Complete 3 bundle a few months ago during the holiday sale. I ended up not really seeing a big difference between the new one and v2. I'm going to sell it for the holiday bundle price I got it for in case anyone is interested.

Return to “Instruments”