Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Aye, Live 11 is great. I always find the workflow improvements in each update much more interesting and useful than anything else.

As soon as I open Emit, I get a "very serious crash" and live shuts down.
Last edited by gondii on Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

gondii wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10 am For me the nature pack only includes the fx vector delay, not vector grain or vector fm.

Also as soon as I open Emit, I get a "very serious crash" and live shuts down.
Have a look in the Instruments folder :)

EnGee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:29 pm Razor

Edit:
Anyway, it works great with everything else, even Prism (which should be cpu hungrier than Razor). So, only when I change the presets, which I can live with that to be honest.

Overall, great performance and much better in everything than version 10. Also there is no crash till now! So, I think it works well with my setup (Ryzen 1600x and nVidia 1060) :D
I've just tried Razor in Live 11 - everything is fine including loading presets. What is the exact nature of the problem?

leeleema wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 am Have a look in the Instruments folder :)
haha, yeah I just edited my post, but was too slow. I'm an idiot :D

But Vector FM also crashes the DAW apparently...

gondii wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:20 am
leeleema wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13 am Have a look in the Instruments folder :)
haha, yeah I just edited my post, but was too slow. I'm an idiot :D
Ha, I did exactly the same thing when I first installed it - opened the FX folder and thought, where's the rest?

leeleema wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15 am
EnGee wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:29 pm Razor

Edit:
Anyway, it works great with everything else, even Prism (which should be cpu hungrier than Razor). So, only when I change the presets, which I can live with that to be honest.

Overall, great performance and much better in everything than version 10. Also there is no crash till now! So, I think it works well with my setup (Ryzen 1600x and nVidia 1060) :D
I've just tried Razor in Live 11 - everything is fine including loading presets. What is the exact nature of the problem?
The problem is when I change from a preset to a preset in Razor, there is a cpu spike. I took those screenshots in the instant that I changed the preset in Razor. As you see, there is no a problem in Reaper at all!
Razor spikes in Live.jpg
While in Reaper:
Razor in Reaper.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

here is no a problem in Reaper at all
What kind of problem exactly? Did your system explode in your face?

CPU spike at preset change is expected behavior, and certainly does not depend on host. Probably CPU meter in Ableton is now just much faster and more sensitive.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Unfortunately Ableton crashes always i use racks for instruments layering them. Omnisphere, Rapid, Tal-Uno-Lx, pianoteq 6. When i use it in a rack, Ableton crashes. Today Bitwig demo saved me, when playing live.

Stan Navi wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am Unfortunately Ableton crashes always i use racks for instruments layering them. Omnisphere, Rapid, Tal-Uno-Lx, pianoteq 6. When i use it in a rack, Ableton crashes. Today Bitwig demo saved me, when playing live.
Not that Live should crash, but If your playing live and just want to layer instruments try 'Unify' its very stable and built for that job...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:47 am
Stan Navi wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:40 am Unfortunately Ableton crashes always i use racks for instruments layering them. Omnisphere, Rapid, Tal-Uno-Lx, pianoteq 6. When i use it in a rack, Ableton crashes. Today Bitwig demo saved me, when playing live.

Not that Live should crash, but If your playing live and just want to layer instruments try 'Unify' its very stable and built for that job...
Thanks, i will try it. Does it change presets/instruments smoothly?

Stan Navi wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:53 am
SLiC wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:47 am

Thanks, i will try it. Does it change presets/instruments smoothly?
Best thing is to try the free demo, its OK for me but everyone has different needs! https://www.pluginguru.com/products/unify-standard/
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have strange behaviour when changing presets in the AU version of Parawave Rapid, takes 10-15 secs to load a new presets. Its ok with the VST version.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

v11 is very nice overall, but clip view window (bottom right when editing midi/audio clip) is way too sensitive to horizontal mouse moves, especially when zoomed in... I don't think that is a normal behaviour?

i remain unconvinced. ;D
but is there still that pesky delay when using the resampling function and the wave-window at the button stays frozen at maybe the first two beats recorded for like 15-20sec or so as soon as i hit the record button in the scene ? basically the whole ui is frozen while the audio is working and recording is it should. but makes it impossible to do anything else

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”