The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bansaw wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:40 pm Thats sad. I think you write some song gems. To be honest though, you remind me of a wedding photographer who told me that he had to shoot 50 photos quickly, but knew only 2 would be high quality enough to keep. And with you I can listen to ten songs and for 9 of them I'd think, "meh, okay", but for the 1 song, I'd think, "wow, thats really good."
I think your writing and arrangement is very good, but the production quality is not as high as it could be.
Maybe you could work on a handful of songs and then choose one that really sticks out, and then just work on that one getting it as good as it could possibly be, i.e. release less, but release with higher quality production.
Eh, it's all irrelevant now. I'm going to go back to writing for my own enjoyment.

for my own part (if you also look at others music i enjoy, studio dave for example) i posted recently can't wait to hear his piece, it is as you suggest, life is a little in the way, same reason no noodles very often, aside from my pain issues stopping me getting in the studio and not wanting to listen on my phone, im spending (far too much imo) time, on various messaging services, assuring my loved ones im ok. :shrug:

honestly i was fine an hour ago, ive been sat here, why would i not still be ok???? :?
and zoom! omg!!! im sick of looking up peoples noses, hold your phone's higher :x

so yeah, sorry :oops:

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:54 pm for my own part (if you also look at others music i enjoy, studio dave for example) i posted recently can't wait to hear his piece, it is as you suggest, life is a little in the way, same reason no noodles very often, aside from my pain issues stopping me getting in the studio and not wanting to listen on my phone, im spending (far too much imo) time, on various messaging services, assuring my loved ones im ok. :shrug:

honestly i was fine an hour ago, ive been sat here, why would i not still be ok???? :?
and zoom! omg!!! im sick of looking up peoples noses, hold your phone's higher :x

so yeah, sorry :oops:
Vurt, it's okay. Don't even give it a second thought. I do hope you feel better soon. I can't control what others do but I can control what I do. Maybe that's a lesson I should have learned a long time ago.

So, I'm going to continue to listen to the tracks people post here simply because I enjoy doing it. As for my own music, I'll get back to doing it (once I'm done watching the whole Marvel movie timeline 2008-2019) and when I do, I'll upload it to Soundcloud where I actually do have a decent audience and if anybody here wants to listen to any of it, they know where to find it.

I'm done stressing over all this.

Right now, I'm going through pages 2 through whatever of this sub forum and pulling up all the threads with no feedback and giving them a listen. And that's what I'm devoting my time to doing here from now on as well as listening to music of my favorite artists here (you, Bansaw, DT and so many others).

That should keep me more than busy enough.

But it's time to put The Wagtunes Corner to rest.

well, i shall at least try to give you something new, maybe today, we shall see :tu:

and i have enjoyed some projects of yours more than others, but most importantly you have improved by listening to people here, maybe throw the odd track up, rather than every track (here i mean, soundcloud, carry on) for more tips or when you have a piece you are really proud of.
you know your stand out pieces yourself, and with the amount you release, they're not all going to be great (even the beatles had obla di and when im 64 :dog:)

in the end though, whatever is least stressful is best, whatever else i may say. 8)

ps: have you seen the marvel stuff before and rewatching? or first time?

if the latter, you are in for a treat!!
some amazing work!!

black panther and guardians 2 are visually astounding!!! 8) as is my fave doctor strange! :tu:

have fun!!!

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:32 pm ps: have you seen the marvel stuff before and rewatching? or first time?

if the latter, you are in for a treat!!
some amazing work!!

black panther and guardians 2 are visually astounding!!! 8) as is my fave doctor strange! :tu:

have fun!!!
I saw Iron Man and the first Avengers. But the rest, this is the first time. So far, loving them all.

awesome!!
i wish i hadn't seen them, so i could see them for the first time again!!

love the new kid as spidey too, beats the last few attempts imo :)

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:31 pm Below is a response I made to Aaron's most recent music post.
Great stuff as always. Love the synth work on this. Do you remember what synth you used for the arp riff? Mix is perfect. Musically, just the kind of stuff I love.

Okay, I'm gonna ask you to do me a big favor and as a friend, I hope you will honor my request. I'm going to ask you not to review any of my songs.

You're probably wondering why. So I'm going to give it to you straight.

I honestly don't like this whole "You review me, I review you" stuff. I never did. I have a few friends here (you, Bansaw, Vurt, a few others) whose music I always listen to. I don't do it out of any sense of obligation but because I truly enjoy listening to their music. Some of you guys, you included, are damn talented. Bansaw still reminds me of Depeche Mode and sometimes Human League. Vurt has some of the most unusual stuff I've heard. It's not "traditional" music but it is so cool to listen to. Donkey Tugger will always remind me of Pete Townsend. I think he's one of the most talented writers and performers here.

I could go on and on. In fact, my only complaint is that some of you guys maybe post a song a month, if that. The droughts are sometimes almost unbearable. What can I tell you? I love listening to good music and interesting soundscapes.

Why am I telling you this?

Over the last 12 days, I posted the 12 tracks of my CD "Girls II".

I have received ONE comment.

It truly makes me scratch my head. Is my music so damned awful that people really don't want to listen to it? Or is it simply that the people here are too consumed with their own lives and problems?

Whatever the reason, I'm honestly just tired of it. I'm considering just not posting anything here anymore. I kind of don't see the point.

That doesn't mean that I will stop listening to the music posted here. Especially by those who I really look up to and respect as artists. Yeah Vurt, that includes you with all your wackiness. I never know what I'm going to hear when I click on one of your links.

But I'm done playing this "you listen to me, I listen to you" game. Listen to my music because you want to and not because you owe me something. It just doesn't mean anything this way. And hell, feel free to tell me that the song I just posted sucks if that's what you think. I'm a big boy and I can take it. The only reason I've improved over the last year is because I finally listened to people who gave me constructive criticism instead of burying my head in the sand.

Anyway, I've said my peace and I'm done.
So as I said above, I think I'm done posting my music here. Those of you who I respect as musicians, I will continue to listen to whatever you post here because I truly enjoy listening to it.

But it's time to put this thread to rest.

I doubt anybody is going to miss it.
Some of us will miss it!!! Haven't got around to your very latest stuff, but I thoroughly enjoyed the 17 Musical pieces!!!

I do get the point though...

KVR Music Cafe ain't what it used to be ( for whatever reasons)... Seriously slow going on most days!

OK, I generally get significantly more listens and comments than many, but then I've been on here (except for a 12 month break) since 2006!

What I find really weird some days is the amount of views a post gets versus the amount of listens on my SC...

My most recent offering...

67 KVR views on one day, but just 3 listens on my SC... why view a post and then not even bother listening to at least a good chunk of the music on offer... Weird!

You listen / I listen... Naah, I've never got that either... Know what you mean entirely.

I do post here from time to time ( comes in waves) and I do seriously appreciate the helpful criticism I get from many regulars, but more than anything, I use the Music Cafe to check out the music of others and if appropriate - help them to improve it further

(Ha - that last bit needs controlling in my case... Still in Teacher mode at times)!

Hope to still keep in touch on here, Steve?!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:31 pm Below is a response I made to Aaron's most recent music post.
Great stuff as always. Love the synth work on this. Do you remember what synth you used for the arp riff? Mix is perfect. Musically, just the kind of stuff I love.

Okay, I'm gonna ask you to do me a big favor and as a friend, I hope you will honor my request. I'm going to ask you not to review any of my songs.

You're probably wondering why. So I'm going to give it to you straight.

I honestly don't like this whole "You review me, I review you" stuff. I never did. I have a few friends here (you, Bansaw, Vurt, a few others) whose music I always listen to. I don't do it out of any sense of obligation but because I truly enjoy listening to their music. Some of you guys, you included, are damn talented. Bansaw still reminds me of Depeche Mode and sometimes Human League. Vurt has some of the most unusual stuff I've heard. It's not "traditional" music but it is so cool to listen to. Donkey Tugger will always remind me of Pete Townsend. I think he's one of the most talented writers and performers here.

I could go on and on. In fact, my only complaint is that some of you guys maybe post a song a month, if that. The droughts are sometimes almost unbearable. What can I tell you? I love listening to good music and interesting soundscapes.

Why am I telling you this?

Over the last 12 days, I posted the 12 tracks of my CD "Girls II".

I have received ONE comment.

It truly makes me scratch my head. Is my music so damned awful that people really don't want to listen to it? Or is it simply that the people here are too consumed with their own lives and problems?

Whatever the reason, I'm honestly just tired of it. I'm considering just not posting anything here anymore. I kind of don't see the point.

That doesn't mean that I will stop listening to the music posted here. Especially by those who I really look up to and respect as artists. Yeah Vurt, that includes you with all your wackiness. I never know what I'm going to hear when I click on one of your links.

But I'm done playing this "you listen to me, I listen to you" game. Listen to my music because you want to and not because you owe me something. It just doesn't mean anything this way. And hell, feel free to tell me that the song I just posted sucks if that's what you think. I'm a big boy and I can take it. The only reason I've improved over the last year is because I finally listened to people who gave me constructive criticism instead of burying my head in the sand.

Anyway, I've said my peace and I'm done.
So as I said above, I think I'm done posting my music here. Those of you who I respect as musicians, I will continue to listen to whatever you post here because I truly enjoy listening to it.

But it's time to put this thread to rest.

I doubt anybody is going to miss it.
Some of us will miss it!!! Haven't got around to your very latest stuff, but I thoroughly enjoyed the 17 Musical pieces!!!

I do get the point though...

KVR Music Cafe ain't what it used to be ( for whatever reasons)... Seriously slow going on most days!

OK, I generally get significantly more listens and comments than many, but then I've been on here (except for a 12 month break) since 2006!

What I find really weird some days is the amount of views a post gets versus the amount of listens on my SC...

My most recent offering...

67 KVR views on one day, but just 3 listens on my SC... why view a post and then not even bother listening to at least a good chunk of the music on offer... Weird!

You listen / I listen... Naah, I've never got that either... Know what you mean entirely.

I do post here from time to time ( comes in waves) and I do seriously appreciate the helpful criticism I get from many regulars, but more than anything, I use the Music Cafe to check out the music of others and if appropriate - help them to improve it further

(Ha - that last bit needs controlling in my case... Still in Teacher mode at times)!

Hope to still keep in touch on here, Steve?!
FWIW, you are one of the most talented people here. I so look forward to your postings, though you too don't post often.

And when you critique something, damn. I mean it's like being in school and getting a term paper back. You have no idea how much I appreciate that.

My stats here since starting this thread?

335 tracks commented on
774 total comments
503 total tracks

66.6003976143 Percent commented on
2.3104477612 Comments per track commented on
1.5387673956 Comments per total tracks posted

So basically, for every song I post here, I can expect somewhere between 1 and 2 people to comment. That in itself is pitiful. But lately, the numbers aren't even CLOSE to that good.

I finally figured after 7 years in this place, what's the point?

I will continue to comment on your music and the music of others because, call me strange, I love listening to the music of others. It inspires me. Even Vurt's noodlings inspire me to occasionally come up with one of my "experimental" albums like "Botany Bay" or "The Reflecting Pool" though not nearly as strange as some of the stuff he's posted here.

I used to live with a transistor radio glued to my ear. Nothing's really changed in 50 something years other than the delivery method. But music is still my life.

My only regret is there is no way I can listen to all of what's out there. To that end, check out my "Musical Round Robin" thread. It's a list of all the songs I've listened to on Youtube since I started. It has a cool restriction to it that makes it a lot of fun.

See if you can figure out what it is.

viewtopic.php?t=522861

But be careful. This can be addicting.

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:28 pm well, i shall at least try to give you something new, maybe today, we shall see :tu:

and i have enjoyed some projects of yours more than others, but most importantly you have improved by listening to people here, maybe throw the odd track up, rather than every track (here i mean, soundcloud, carry on) for more tips or when you have a piece you are really proud of.
you know your stand out pieces yourself, and with the amount you release, they're not all going to be great (even the beatles had obla di and when im 64 :dog:)

in the end though, whatever is least stressful is best, whatever else i may say. 8)
Vurt, I have so much respect for you that I've decided to take your advice.

This year, so far, I've completed 3 albums with a total of 42 songs between them.

There are 4 really good ones. The rest are so-so.

I'll be posting those 4 songs over the next 4 days starting tomorrow. After that, who knows when I'll be posting again as what I'm going to do is wait until an album is completed and then I will go through the songs and pick out only the really good ones, if there are any. If not, oh well, I'll wait until the next album.

So from now on, you guys will only be hearing my best stuff.

I doubt it will make any difference in the response but we'll see.

wagtunes,
Yeah, I would miss you if you were not posting music here. I was thinking that earlier though, that perhaps you were releasing songs at such a high rate, that a lot of songs are going to be overlooked easily, not because of lack of quality, but just by the shear quantity.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Taking your 'best of' a step further, you could bring your bestest songs to a studio and make a demo album with IRL singers and musicians. You could have fun, boost your soundcloud followers, be on Spotify, send it to youtube influencers, open up your circle, who knows?
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 pm Taking your 'best of' a step further, you could bring your bestest songs to a studio and make a demo album with IRL singers and musicians. You could have fun, boost your soundcloud followers, be on Spotify, send it to youtube influencers, open up your circle, who knows?
Yeah, I could. Somebody want to start a GoFundMe so I can pay for all that?

Michael L wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:55 pm Taking your 'best of' a step further, you could bring your bestest songs to a studio and make a demo album with IRL singers and musicians. You could have fun, boost your soundcloud followers, be on Spotify, send it to youtube influencers, open up your circle, who knows?
Actually, it's a moot point. The group I'm signed with is expecting to finish their album featuring a number of my songs this May. Shortly after that, it will be released in Europe and Asia. Unfortunately, because the distributor has nothing but contempt for the US (because of piracy) it won't be available here. Even my friends and family won't be able to buy it, which is kind of funny when you think about it.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:57 pmYeah, I could. Somebody want to start a GoFundMe so I can pay for all that?
Ha ha, you won't do it even with GoFundMe cuz its been suggested in the past (even by me!) but it won't cost you anything to copy your best-of-best on usb and meet with IRL studios.
Take a risk.
At worst you will be ignored but at best a producer may have an idea :idea:
Otherwise, on your deathbed you will say, "Fukkin goddam shit, I should have listened to Michael L!" :dog:
Not!
Edit, I see your follow-up post. Great news! Do more of that!! You are so prolific, send out your songs like seeds to sprout. Publish the Wagtunes Songbook, etc. :D
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Return to “Music Cafe”