Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

It can be a pretty CPU intensive bugger. That Requium/MOD patch can eat up 25% of one core on a 3950x. Luckily there's lots of other cores.

JD-800!! I have owned / used a lot of synths, but this still feels special among all of them. During the years I used it, I got so familiar with it that I could program any sound from scratch in seconds (that's at least how I remember, and hey, my memory is absolutely never wrong....). Of course the RC version is missing one of the biggest things of the synth, which is the fantastic interface with all the analog-style dedicated buttons and sliders. But at a quick glance, the Zenology interface actually looks pretty good, so no complaints here.

Just quickly went through the presets, such nostalgia... The first thing I did was to search for "Hearts of Space", my favourite pad from JD-800, was shocked that it wasn't there (I still even remember its patch location after 20 years: 5-1). But after some investigation, looks like they have changed its name to the much more mundane "Slow Bell Pad". Strange, since most other presets seem to have their original names? Oh well, at least it's there, and still sounds great!

Another thing, is the RC JD-800 missing the drum/percussion section of the HW JD-800? Couldn't find any mention of it... That would come in handy if you want to make a cover of Genesis' We Can't Dance album, for example. :D

JD-800!! I have owned / used a lot of synths, but this still feels special among all of them. During the years I used it, I got so familiar with it that I could program any sound from scratch in seconds (that's at least how I remember, and hey, my memory is absolutely never wrong....). Of course the RC version is missing one of the biggest things of the synth, which is the fantastic interface with all the analog-style dedicated buttons and sliders. But at a quick glance, the Zenology interface actually looks pretty good, so no complaints here.
I'm crossing my fingers they'll be a proper "Legendary" plugin with all those sliders and the enhanced JD990 features. But even if that never comes to be, I'm happy to have something at all.

Honestly, if Roland brought back the V-Synth, that's about it and there's nothing more I could ask for :phones:

So if I don't have the Zenology Pro then I can't get the most out of it, correct? I ask about that as I only get Zen Pro for 1 year with the Pro subscription. I won't buy a Zen Pro lifetime key and this new expansion, that would be too expansive. I do see that it will work with Zenology Lite, but that would be very limited as compared to Pro.

I already have XV-5080 and D-50 so I will pass on this one, unless they make a separate Legendary version that doesn't need Zenology.
Last edited by Examigan on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

It wont matter to me what Roland release, their ever changing communication, plans and delivery/licencing methods are a confusing, half baked hot mess.

Just make and sell plugins you :clown: s you seem to have done everything humanly possible to drive away potential customers :dog:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

can you import jd800/990 soundbanks/presets?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:01 pm can you import jd800/990 soundbanks/presets?
As it’s not one of their ACB synths it isn’t enough of a 1:1 mapping of the original hardware to do a direct import. Probably have to see if they ever do one.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

ahhh what a bummer :( why no jd800/990 vst...im not biting this cookie, i want the cake
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I'm glad to see the JD-800 and it totally makes sense to release it for the Zenology/Zen-Core platform. Now I'm gonna play Crystal Rhodes all night lol!

I am glad they have done the JD-800.

But.

I would prefer an actual plugin like the D-50. Also why didn't they add the JD-990's feature?

Does this have any of the JD-800 card Expansion sounds? Surely Roland in Japan has them somewhere they could of given the engineers to add in?

I know I sound like a ungrateful bugger. Its just the Zenology plugins always come with missing features and compromises when it comes to these expansions.

Also still waiting for a fully featured JX-8P ACB VST.

Yeah, I’m also hoping & waiting for an actual JD-800 plugin to get the full experience. Meanwhile, I’m quite happy with the Zenology version, but it alone is not enough for my nostalgia needs....

Yeah, I really wish they opted for a DCB version of this. I think the plan is to push more stuff to Zenology though because of the obvious synergies with Roland hardware.

Thats the right way but a single plugin with sysex import like the D-50!

Echoing everybody in that I wish for a JD990+Vintage Synth DCB plugin. There's loads of flexibility, warmth and fun to be had there. But I'm very grateful that the Zenology Plugin exists because it at least shows they have some interest in revisiting their classic digital synths that aren't the D-50.

A DCB JD990 and V-Synth. Those two are the only Roland requests I'll ever make

Return to “Instruments”