Waves V12 is here, now with resizable GUIs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Abbey Road Plugin Collection

Waves 12.7 is out now. Anyone install/upgrade yet? Has the resized-GUI blurriness been fixed?

Installing as we speak.

About WUP, I paid it once (last year) in 7 or 8 years. I don't like it but it's not a dealbreaker either.

2:43AM wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:21 pm Waves 12.7 is out now. Anyone install/upgrade yet? Has the resized-GUI blurriness been fixed?
I haven't tested it yet, but I think they've only done a few of them to high dpi resolution, according to the text on their web site. It seems like more will be added as time goes on, because their library is several hundred plugins deep.
New in V12.7: HiDPI graphics added to Waves Tune Real-Time and all four SSL plugins

soulata wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:27 pm Installing as we speak.

About WUP, I paid it once (last year) in 7 or 8 years. I don't like it but it's not a dealbreaker either.
My $0.02 about WUP:
WUP, for me, has NEVER been done unless I see that a new plugin version has been drastically updated and worth the upgrade price. So far, in the last 10 years, I haven't seen it, even with RBass, L1, or anything else. But I do try to update any plugins with remaining WUP to the new version if it's conducive to do so.

I've never bought WUP before but I have the Musicians 1 bundle which was still at v9 and I use Metaflanger, R Axx and R Vox a lot, so I figured for $9, why not?
A bit fried in the higher freqs

For those who updated them all to V12, do the old plugins take more CPU in 12 than if they stayed in 9, 10, or 11? I haven't WUP'd since going to an Intel Mac.

I just wonder if the M1 Mac will be covered in a version 12 update or will move to 13? (I don't have an M1 but thinking ahead...). Then again updating now is good for a year if 13 comes out.

if you own v12 plugins, they are still updated, even if they have no WUP.. plugins got updated, that hadn't WUP anymore, but are v12..

but my guess, 13 will come, for M1... as with 12 (or was it 11), also for MAC...

macmuse wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:26 pm For those who updated them all to V12, do the old plugins take more CPU in 12 than if they stayed in 9, 10, or 11? I haven't WUP'd since going to an Intel Mac.
No, and I just checked before and after I upgraded a plugin from V10 to V12, exactly the same.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I wupped my completely overcrowded Waves portfolio until Feb 2023 (!) for a reasonable 180€ via EveryPlugin. Two years no hassle and perhaps some time afterwards as well.
Just sayin'...

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 pm I wupped my completely overcrowded Waves portfolio until Feb 2023 (!) for a reasonable 180€ via EveryPlugin. Two years no hassle and perhaps some time afterwards as well.
Just sayin'...
Awesome. Curious to know how did you extend it for that long (2 years) for all plugins? :)
I mean WUP extends the updates for 1 year above the current expiry date, but I wonder how it can be the same for all plugins such that you got an extension of 2 years on all.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:18 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:03 pm I wupped my completely overcrowded Waves portfolio until Feb 2023 (!) for a reasonable 180€ via EveryPlugin. Two years no hassle and perhaps some time afterwards as well.
Just sayin'...
Awesome. Curious to know how did you extend it for that long (2 years) for all plugins? :)
I mean WUP extends the updates for 1 year above the current expiry date, but I wonder how it can be the same for all plugins such that you got an extension of 2 years on all.
I bought NX Ocean Way (by the way a fine piece of headphone enhancer) in February this year and my offer was obviously based on this purchase date for the whole bunch. I'm satisfied (even if this is a kind of no-go here)...

martinjuenke wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:30 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:18 pm
Just sayin'...
I bought NX Ocean Way (by the way a fine piece of headphone enhancer) in February this year and my offer was obviously based on this purchase date for the whole bunch. I'm satisfied (even if this is a kind of no-go here)...
Interesting how a single plugin purchase can influence the WUP of the entire collection.

It's worth mentioning that for bundles, upgrading to a bigger bundle is better than WUPing your existing bundle, especially if the price of WUP is higher. It will add few more plugins and WUP is included with upgrades. Bundle blowout sales with deep discounts happen at least 2 times every year.

To add to my comment above, for anyone having the SSL 4000 Collection and API Collection bundles, upgrade to the Studio Classics Collection is only $39 (even better with distributors AD & EP). This is the cheapest way to get these bundles WUPed and it also adds V-Comp, V-EQ3 and V-EQ4 plugins in case you don't have them. For reference, WUP of these bundles is about $72 with current 25% off WUP, which is an expensive route.

This way you can get the latest high-resolution GUIs of SSL 4000 plugins for cheap with V12.7. Hoping that API bundle will be given the same treatment next.

Planning to go this route and add Vocal Bender to the purchase taking the total a little above $60, so that I get one free plugin too since the spend is over $50. Wondering if "Nx – Virtual Mix Room over Headphones" is good for the free plugin selection? Anyone using it?

Next time a better bundle upgrade deal comes, I will consider upgrading my Gold + RenMaxx to Platinum and thus getting ALL the included plugins WUPed plus get some additional plugins from Platinum.

Just sayin'...
They gave you that offer, as they know that V13 will not be released until then...; - )

Actually one reason to wup could be that you need it on two machines. The second license will be void after a year... Not too much of a problem, as you could run your license also from the cloud...

Return to “Effects”