Skins you're most impressed by

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mladi wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:13 pm Image upload as attachment doesn't work. Also [img] in the message box doesn't work. Even the image in my signature is gone. :lol:
it's got to be super small.

Those last few ones are hot.

dblock wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:41 am
trackbout wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:44 am ya they're pretty new, Sonic Charge only added the ability to skin a couple months ago, and ya they are a MASSIVE improvement over the default UI.
Is there a step by step what and where to download and how to install? I see a tone of confusing stuff but was looking for a straight forward "download this file" and here's how kind of thing for somebody who doesn't know much about skins. Thanks

this thread has the instructions https://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/1777

the way it works right now is a little hacky but i think they're working on an update that will make it more straightforward. i think most of the things you could get stuck on have already been asked and answered somewhere in that thread though.

oh and this is the thread that has the skins viewtopic.php?f=1&t=382277&start=90

Neumann by Plugmon

https://plugmon.jp/product/neumann/

Really makes Zebra feel modern, and makes modulation very simple to work with :D
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Teksonik wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:00 pm I've always liked this theme for Reaper.....

Reaper.png
Which skin is this?

I don't remember the name right off. I'll check when I boot up the studio computer. It's been out for quite a long time and I seem to remember it was made by the same gentleman who did this theme LCS Gold:

Reaper 030421-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow, these reaper themes really make me want to use it more often. Currently I have been using Realogix on it.

I think having an appealing UI and making things easy to see and not feel dated goes a loooong way in making someone want to use the software.
The default ui makes me want to close it.

MuzikFreq wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:58 am I think having an appealing UI and making things easy to see and not feel dated goes a loooong way in making someone want to use the software.
The default ui makes me want to close it.
I think the UI is an extremely important factor in productivity. If you have something to look at that pleases your eyes and provides a comfortable and familiar environment it can only aid in making you more productive.

Those Reaper themes I posted screenshots of look like hardware and since I grew up using hardware it's a very comfortable and familiar environment for me.

There are some GUIs I just could not use as they strain the eyes or are just so ugly (to me) that I wouldn't even want to install them.

(damn I forgot to check for the name of that first Reaper theme. :dog: I'll try to remember tomorrow)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

DAW. Good point. I switch from Logic X to Reaper a little over a year ago. This skin made it easier. It's by Blankfiles called iLogic. I've tried some other Reaper skins but i prefer this one.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.31.51 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The default skin for version 6 is nice IMO :) but the midi notes on the piano roll are horrible 😫 I might change the skin because of these velocity colours!

Anything by ArtVera. She is one of the most talented designers on the internet IMO. My favourite skin is the gold skin for Golden Aset.

REAPER theme called VGS

SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Here's a Vital skin called Shades of Purple.

https://anonfiles.com/L4Vf01G4q0/Shades ... _vitalskin
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Return to “Instruments”