Cubase Pro 10.5.20 is *no longer* the perfect DAW

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

I have to say the new modulation system which can be found in the Uhbik 2.0 public alphas do Cubase a world of good
brilliant one, big cheers to u-he, it's even more perfect now :D
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

How is Cubase different to any other host in regards to these?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:56 pm
boark wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:04 am Cubase needs to eliminate the dongle. That alone prevents it from becoming my only DAW.
After they just had a downtime of their activation servers for several days, I could imagine that they'll consider dropping eLicenser in the near future.

Maybe that's just wishful thinking though. ;)
Not a chance, seeing at it's stopped Cubase being cracked since V 5 I believe. On cubase forums on facebook, people pop up all the time, I got a problem with Cubase 5, how do you do this in Cubase 5, etc. I can't see the dongle ever being dropped. I'd love to see the end of it, same for Vengeance plugins, Id love to see them drop it too. But same thing with them, they aren't cracked. (AFAIK) Dongle is a real pain in the arse, but at least it does what its supposed to.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Yeah, I guess you're right. There's no real reason for them to drop it.

TBH, I started using eLicenser again as well, as I bought Halion Symphonic Orchestra and Wavelab Elements (again) recently. There's no real alternative for me for those. Still wished I wouldn't have that USB port permanently blocked.

I use the vengeance plugins too, and they are elicenser, really boils my p!ss because they want the old dongle sent to them if it dies before they issue new licenses, even though I have proof of purchase.

I wish the dongle would fk off tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

but why don't u use a (portable) hub? https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-usb-and-usb-c-hubs I didn't see my dongle at least for 5 years
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm I didn't see my dongle at least for 5 years
Too much information :lol: :lol: :lol:

xbitz wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm but why don't u use a (portable) hub? https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-usb-and-usb-c-hubs I didn't see my dongle at least for 5 years
That's a good solution only when you (ab)use your laptop as a desktop PC - as soon as you start using your laptop as a laptop it just adds to the PITA
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Finally! A dongle-free future is coming. :clap: :party:

https://twitter.com/SteinbergMedia/stat ... 6837344257

Hell just froze over. I might not sell Cubase now.

What a delight to read that indeed! :party:

I feel this actually might have something to do with this very thread by the way...

What's next? Proper touchscreen support? :razz:

Steinberg.. dongle-free.. but needing to be online 24/7? or use some cloud instead?... or even go subscription? No thanks...

I never had issues with dongles and it is extremely handy working on other systems and not needing to use passwords that are stuck on someone else's registry etc etc. Having to uninstall afterwards blablabla. Dongles are the best things ever. The only thing I do not like about the ilok one is the fee you have to pay if you decide to sell something you are not using anymore.

But dongle > being online // cloud // subcsciption service. If you work on high sample rates every bit of those cpu cycles matter. I do not get clicks and pops if my connection is off at 96k and up, but I do get them when it is on.

I will not update ever again if it comes to that. Same as I did with ProTools and I gave up using it at all in the end.

Whenever a german company tells you that they are doing something for the user... ALWAYS.. but ALWAYS question that and look for other things behind their choice. It is almost never for the user's benefit, but always something else. I would not even be surprised if the recent outage or whatever was "fake" in order to introduce something supposedly for your interest but not really...

Steinberg have made it clear on the forum that while they're overhauling their license management system and will no longer require a physical dongle, their goal is not to introduce some kind of subscription plan or eliminate perpetual licenses.

For me iLok has been a far better experience, especially for laptop use: multiple device activations per license and the flexibility to use a dongle, machine or cloud authorization.

Sindikhate wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:37 pm Whenever a german company tells you that they are doing something for the user... ALWAYS.. but ALWAYS question that and look for other things behind their choice. It is almost never for the user's benefit, but always something else. I would not even be surprised if the recent outage or whatever was "fake" in order to introduce something supposedly for your interest but not really...
German-hatin' much, huh? What did those bloody Krauts do to you over there in Hannover?

In a nice dreamy world, there is a possibility that Steinberg researched the market and found that it's not a bad idea to have a protection like Ableton or Presonus or Bitwig has, for example. Sometimes, nice things happen in this world :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”