Best way to emulate a vintage mic in MXXX

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What would be a few plugins that could emulate a vintage mic IR?

I assume your question is about to have something, which base mechanic isn't using IRs, right?

- MFreeformEqualizer or MFreeformAnalogEq
- MXXX with some modules like EQs, bandpass, comb filter maybe?
- MCabinet in which you also can draw the EQ curve, export the IR and import it back as a profile. This way it's not thaaaaaat 100% IR based ... only almost, hehe.

Edit: yeah, stupid me ... somehow I did not read the "MXXX" in the title. SORRY! Haha. :D ... so not sure, if my reply helps after all. ...
System: Win 10 64 bit / i9 9900K (8x 3.6 GHz) / 16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM / 1TB M.2 SSD + 2x 500 GB SSD / RME Babyface / Reaper

Tagirijus.de

Mostly [frequency response] -> [Saturation] will do the trick (90%).
So you just need an EQ and the Saturation module (if you want to simulte the whole sound), maybe the waveshaper in async mode, so you can copy the shape transformation.

In general you can say HP (around 100-200 Hz), LP 6 db to smooth out the Hights, peak around 200 Hz, broadband boost in the mids (around 1000 Hz).
(Very generalized and also not always true)

For IR's, here's a nice bundle:
https://gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs#DsOQZ

But I'm not sure I understood the question exactly either.

I was mainly looking for what combination of modules would allow me to mimic a specific vintage mic in the same way you guys have been looking to mimic vintage guitar amps. I brought it up a few years but no one really had any specifics.
Faiky wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:46 pm Mostly [frequency response] -> [Saturation] will do the trick (90%).
So you just need an EQ and the Saturation module (if you want to simulte the whole sound), maybe the waveshaper in async mode, so you can copy the shape transformation.

In general you can say HP (around 100-200 Hz), LP 6 db to smooth out the Hights, peak around 200 Hz, broadband boost in the mids (around 1000 Hz).
(Very generalized and also not always true)

For IR's, here's a nice bundle:
https://gumroad.com/pasttofuturereverbs#DsOQZ

But I'm not sure I understood the question exactly either.

Return to “MeldaProduction”