The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
No strings attached: congrats on the album! "Not My Jazz": sounds 70's and quite good! Vocaloid vocals work surprisingly well for artificial vocals. Can't put my finger on what 70's hit song this reminds me of. Nice melodies! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:25 am wagtunes,
No strings attached: congrats on the album! "Not My Jazz": sounds 70's and quite good! Vocaloid vocals work surprisingly well for artificial vocals. Can't put my finger on what 70's hit song this reminds me of. Nice melodies! :)
Thanks Aaron. That's my version. The group's version sounds a lot different. They do a much better job. As for what it sounds like, I can't place it either but yes, it does remind me of something.

wagtunes,
Did the 'mystery group' keep the song title the same? Are the lyrics the same?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:54 am wagtunes,
Did the 'mystery group' keep the song title the same? Are the lyrics the same?
They changed one word in the title and changed a couple of words in the lyrics. You won't find it online if you're looking for it. The group is by subscription only. There is absolutely no reference to them anywhere on the Internet. I looked. Honestly, I don't know how they make any sales but they do. They sent me their last income statement on their last album and it was quite impressive.

Okay, so we're up to my next CD.

The title is "Smorgasbord" and the concept is simple. Do songs from a number of different genres. It's a 16 song CD and I will be posting 2 or 3 songs from it.

The opening track was my attempt to do late 60s Bubble Gum. When I played it for my friend Paul he called me the next Ron Dante. You Bubble Gum fans will know who that is.

I think I did a great job on this one and if you like Bubble Gum, I think you're gonna love this. If you don't like Bubble Gum then you probably don't even want to listen to this as I really nailed the genre.

1st track from my upcoming CD "Smorgasbord"

Lyrics:

Ba Ba Ba Ba Ba

I knew this girl Christina she was really cute
She'd smile at me everyday
I'd walk her home from school cause she'd say to me
These words that made me go her way

She said ba ba ba...ba ba ba ba ba
The words that she would say to me

I don't know what it was about those words she'd say
That made me go all giddy inside
All I know is she would say them constantly
And there was just no place I could hide

Repeat Chorus

Pretty soon I couldn't get them out of my head
They were the only words that I could hear
My brain it seems was taken over by this girl
Every time that she comes near

Instrumental Break

Repeat Chorus To Fade

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/ba-ba-ba-ba-ba

So the burning question here is,who is this mystery group ? :wink:
No auto tune...

ba ba ba...
yup that's bubblegum!
maybe not something i listen to often, but have heard enough that i know you pretty much nailed it! :tu:
right down to the ear worm that will now stay with me for days :lol:

ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba.

8) good work sir!

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 am ba ba ba...
yup that's bubblegum!
maybe not something i listen to often, but have heard enough that i know you pretty much nailed it! :tu:
right down to the ear worm that will now stay with me for days :lol:

ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba.

8) good work sir!
My apologies for the ear worm. Arguably, my catchiest tune as well as my cheesiest.

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:05 am So the burning question here is,who is this mystery group ? :wink:
As much as I would love to tell you, I can't. If I did, I'd be thrown out of the group and they'd never record another one of my songs again. Their distributor is very strict about this.

wagtunes,
Even before I ever wrote music, the ghost writing topic seemed kind of interesting. Ever see the episode of "Columbo" (I haven't seen it in roughly 50 years) that involved ghost writing and murder? Maybe you're better off not watching it though. You've probably researched this topic more than me, but there seems to be all sorts of opinions on this topic. You might find this link interesting:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/songwriters- ... tion/59609

aaron aardvark wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:26 am wagtunes,
Even before I ever wrote music, the ghost writing topic seemed kind of interesting. Ever see the episode of "Columbo" (I haven't seen it in roughly 50 years) that involved ghost writing and murder? Maybe you're better off not watching it though. You've probably researched this topic more than me, but there seems to be all sorts of opinions on this topic. You might find this link interesting:

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/songwriters- ... tion/59609
I watched Columbo all the time as a kid. I remember the episode. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

This is the last track I'm going to be posting from my CD "Smorgasbord". It is going to be a song on a future release by the group I'm signed with. It's a simple rock riff that ws inspired by a Gearslutz member but kind of catchy and the lyrics are probably some of my most interesting.

Hope you like.

12th track from my upcoming CD "Smorgasbord"

Ripped From The Headlines

The other day was walking down the street
Never guess what I saw
Was this guy with a meat clever
threatening to break the law

He approached me with a look
That told me I was dead
All these things were goin round
Jumbled inside my head

You can't make this stuff up
Not if you lost your mind
But this goes on everyday
Ripped from the headlines

Just this morning at the coffee shop
A monkey walked in with a purse
And he ordered a latte
I guess he coulda done worse

But he didn't have enough
Money to pay the man
So he asked me for a dime
To help him if I can

Repeat Chorus

I know you think I'm nuts
There are no ands or buts
It really is the truth
Don't look at me like I'm a Kook

I'm as sane as you
Test me any time
Just don't steal my story
Ripped from the headlines

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -headlines

^ Love the guitar tones, specifically that grainy, transparent OD....your tunes are always catchy. I would like to make a request for a thrash metal track, just because I think it would be funny considering your usual style.

frank1985 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:20 pm ^ Love the guitar tones, specifically that grainy, transparent OD....your tunes are always catchy. I would like to make a request for a thrash metal track, just because I think it would be funny considering your usual style.
Thrash metal? Well, I'd have to study up on it because I have no idea what thrash metal sounds like.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

Well, we're up to my most recent CD that I completed towards the end of February.

I challenged myself to do a spoken word project. I won't call it rap because I am no rapper. I'm not going to pretend to be. But I wanted to see if I could do spoken word. So each song has a significant amount of spoken word in it.

The end result of the project in general was so-so. But out of the 16 tracks, 2 stood out. The first one is a light hearted jab at Jennifer Lopez.

8th track from my upcoming CD "Hop Skip And Jump"

Lyrics:

J-Lo No-Mo

You used to be hot stuff
But now you've really got it rough
No one even knows your name
And things just aren't quite the same

J-Lo No-Mo
We're sorry to see you go
J-Lo No-Mo
You are a has been
J-Lo No-Mo