Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:48 amHow do I get a discount code? May tip me over the edge!
I just contacted Patrick using the support form on the website, politely explained my situation and got e-mail within 2h with a coupon code :)

Now I'm considering TAL-Mod, too :D

That's what great service gives 'ya :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Come get your daily update. Version 1.3.7:

Possible crash while switching presets or arpeggiator mode / range fixed.
Arpeggiator mode and range changes whithout pressing a note.
Toggle switch changes with mouse click improved.

...Some of the best bugs are the ones that are fixed before you ever even get the chance to experience them.

:).. I alas had the first crash and reported it, and then of course Patrick fixed it in less than 24 hours.
rsp
sound sculptist

antic604 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:39 am
SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:48 amHow do I get a discount code? May tip me over the edge!
I just contacted Patrick using the support form on the website, politely explained my situation and got e-mail within 2h with a coupon code :)

Thanks, Ditto, TAl -J-8 is now in my ever expanding collection! - Great Developer, deserves all the praise and support! :tu:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

(switch does not always register mouse click)

Didn't I update it yesterday? Oh, it's a new update :o
Thank you :)

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:04 pm
antic604 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks, Ditto, TAl -J-8 is now in my ever expanding collection! - Great Developer, deserves all the praise and support! :tu:
TAL-J-8 was my first TAL plugin purchase only a couple of months ago, and likewise I've been super impressed with the way Patrick runs the company - very responsive to support issues - he fixed the bug I reported, and the no-nonsense approach to copy protection is also a big plus in my book as I quite regularly rebuild my PC and it's always such a pain having to deal the activation hoops for some of my other plugins. It's also nice to see the plugins picking up extra features like the reverb and delay recently added to TAL-UNO-LX.

Anyway today I've added TAL-Sampler, TAL-U-NO-LX and TAL-Dub-X to my collection, so not far off the full set already, since TAL-Sampler also gives me a license for TAL-DAC. Better get to work at making some retro synthwave tracks now.

dermage wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 pm I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

No I never did. I saw that as fixed and couldn't figure out what it was about.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:34 pm
dermage wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:55 pm I reported the mouse click problem on the switches. Did no one have this yet? It has been annoying me since release...

No I never did. I saw that as fixed and couldn't figure out what it was about.
rsp
When clicking on the switches they sometimes do not toggle.
Yes I understand it can also be swiped, but swiping is not a good move when I want to change the switch position quickly. Through a click it should cycle the states, but sometimes it doesn't when clicking. This got better now, but it's still not fixed fully.

Which switches? Like Knobs for waveforms or ...?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 am Which switches? Like Knobs for waveforms or ...?
rsp
The toggle switches like Filter Slope, VCO Sync etc.

Ahh.. strangely those have never giving me issues.
But I think I click and slide like I would imagine on a real switch...touch it then move it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.

simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:30 am Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.
Wow, you have seriously got things totally backwards. And besides, when is a plugin product "finished", would you say? When it never has another bug, ever? I'm guessing you don't know much about software dev.... there's no such thing as "finished." A soft-synth isn't "finished" because the dev stopped posting updates; it's in whatever Current Version exists, and we are all at the mercy of the dev when it comes to addressing the bugs / issues with that Current Version.

But to the main point here: Most products / developers, you'd be waiting MONTHS if not YEARS to get these kinds of fixes done.

The reason there are "all these updates" is because Patrick is actively listening to feedback from his users, actively implementing the fixes, and actively making them available.

I would kill for other devs to provide as many updates as TAL has been providing. It's not the sign of an unfinished product, as you seem to think; all software has bugs and feature requests, and the dev in this case is Listening and Providing. And yet, you complain about it? Christ.

mholloway wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 am
simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:30 am Hope it gets finished soon, all these updates are a pain in the ass.
Wow, you have seriously got things totally backwards. And besides, when is a plugin product "finished", would you say? When it never has another bug, ever? I'm guessing you don't know much about software dev.... there's no such thing as "finished." A soft-synth isn't "finished" because the dev stopped posting updates; it's in whatever Current Version exists, and we are all at the mercy of the dev when it comes to addressing the bugs / issues with that Current Version.

But to the main point here: Most products / developers, you'd be waiting MONTHS if not YEARS to get these kinds of fixes done.

The reason there are "all these updates" is because Patrick is actively listening to feedback from his users, actively implementing the fixes, and actively making them available.

I would kill for other devs to provide as many updates as TAL has been providing. It's not the sign of an unfinished product, as you seem to think; all software has bugs and feature requests, and the dev in this case is Listening and Providing. And yet, you complain about it? Christ.
You’re right, I have no interest whatsoever in plugin development, as long as what I bought works as a finished tool, I couldn’t give a monkeys!

Do you have nothing better to do than update plugins on a daily basis?

These are tools for my work, so I can produce music, not because I’m interested in software development, not so I can check if shit needs updating.

Sorry you’re so upset by my post.

Return to “Instruments”