How to get stuck notes (and how to get rid of them)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper is a host which, in certain situations, does not send a note-off when one would be needed.
We'll have to see if we can do something to work around this quirk.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

I will try to use the MIDI log JS tool to try to pinpoint where's the issue at.

The issue is rooted in Reaper, as it's not sending the needed note-off to the plugin.
Other plugin developers seem to work around the issue.
We will have to look into this, to see if we can implement some kind of workaround as well.
But in the long run, it would be great if Reaper could address this issue.

I think that it has to do when you jam and midi crosses loop boundaries or something like that.

It is definitely a Reaper problem. It happens on Surge too. Sorry for misreporting.

rafa1981 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:55 pm It is definitely a Reaper problem. It happens on Surge too. Sorry for misreporting.
All good, this is the right place to report such problems. :tu:
It's often tricky trying to find out if such a problem originates in a plugin or the host.

I had this problem too with Reaper and Repro-5 in live playing. I didn't try yet in other hosts.
Last edited by groumpf on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm afraid it also happens in studio one 5,. (frequently)
Don't call me a D.J.
I make my own music.

Alex von Elzer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:06 pm I'm afraid it also happens in studio one 5,. (frequently)
Are you maybe using the Qwerty keyboard feature of Studio One to trigger notes?

No, never used that future. I had this in bitwig and studio one. usually when i changed presets while running the song in a loop.
Don't call me a D.J.
I make my own music.

i'm running into the stuck arp notes constantly in Bitwig tonight, with pretty much any preset that has a saved arp.
I have been able to figure out how to trigger the bug though...
- take any preset without an arp
- activate the arp
- play the arp for a few seconds and make sure no notes get stuck
- change the stack amount
- play the arp again
This will almost immediately cause notes to stick.

psynical wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:00 am i'm running into the stuck arp notes constantly in Bitwig tonight, with pretty much any preset that has a saved arp.
Are you talking about Diva?
Diva's arp has a confirmed bug in the arp, which can lead to stuck notes. This will be fixed in the next update. It's mentioned in the first post of this thread.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:36 am Are you talking about Diva?
yes, this is with Diva. I just wanted to mention the steps to trigger the bug in the case that was helpful :)

Some really good news.
The guys at Cockos fixed the problem with stuck notes in Reaper, that affected our plugins if multiple notes of the same pitch had been played at the same time.
If you frequently got stuck notes in Reaper, please update Reaper to version 6.2.7. :party:
Reaper627.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:45 pm Some really good news.
The guys at Cockos fixed the problem with stuck notes in Reaper, that affected our plugins if multiple notes of the same pitch had been played at the same time.
If you frequently got stuck notes in Reaper, please update Reaper to version 6.2.7. :party:

Reaper627.png
I haven't had any since trying out the dev builds with it. Kudos to all involved. :tu:

Nice!

Return to “u-he”