Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

jonljacobi wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 am
EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 am
jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 pm I sincerely got excited when you said there was an option! LOL.
But there is an option! He/she already told you!
You can enable one of them or both or none! You can click "scale" on the far left, and this can give you the Keys highlight, while the "k" shortcut gives you the piano roll highlight! What's the problem then?!
Because it's the exact opposite of what I think would be more efficient. The piano is a non-standard rendition to begin with, now it's complete visual mess. Look at the image I uploaded. That's the problem?!
It looks completely fine and makes total sense to me.

middle_color wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:43 am Cannot find the info elsewhere: can one define a custom scale in Live 11?
I can't see how this can be done (just checked the available options).
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

middle_color wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:43 am Cannot find the info elsewhere: can one define a custom scale in Live 11?
Not with the scale function, yet. Enter the notes, drag them beyond the beginning of the clip, fold. The old way.

eclipxe wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 am
jonljacobi wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 am
EnGee wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:02 am
jonljacobi wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:53 pm I sincerely got excited when you said there was an option! LOL.
But there is an option! He/she already told you!
You can enable one of them or both or none! You can click "scale" on the far left, and this can give you the Keys highlight, while the "k" shortcut gives you the piano roll highlight! What's the problem then?!
Because it's the exact opposite of what I think would be more efficient. The piano is a non-standard rendition to begin with, now it's complete visual mess. Look at the image I uploaded. That's the problem?!
It looks completely fine and makes total sense to me.
Opinions vary.

played finally with the EMIT device, wonderfull. and i already, before it was there, tought, would spectral + granular not be great! and yes it is great! 2 emitters, 16 grains per emitter, doesn't seem much, but already it works quite great. playable also, the pitch of the grains.
a pity, no MPE, while MAX/M4L, MPE is in way built in...

Great! The whole MPE thing makes me puke.

antic604 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 am
Thanks for the checking.

jonljacobi wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:40 am
Not with the scale function, yet. Enter the notes, drag them beyond the beginning of the clip, fold. The old way.
Thanks.

excuse me please wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:35 am Great! The whole MPE thing makes me puke.
:scared: :o

WasteLand wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:48 am
excuse me please wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:35 am Great! The whole MPE thing makes me puke.
Lol, j/k. Let's say it's beginning to irritate me ;)

excuse me please wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:05 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:48 am
Lol, j/k. Let's say it's beginning to irritate me ;)
haha, i can get that. but my body response differently to MPE... perhaps one day...

I felt the same when they made keyboards velocity sensitive, who needs it right! And don’t get me started on bloody aftertouch....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

bloody lungfish, shoulda stayed in the sea

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Maybe it's me, but:

"Use your MPE-capable controller
Plug in your MPE-capable controller and immediately add bends, slides and pressure for each individual note in a chord. Add subtle expression variations, morph between chords and create evolving sonic textures.

What is MPE?
MPE stands for MIDI Polyphonic Expression. This way of using MIDI allows MPE-capable devices to control multiple parameters of every note in real time for more expressive instrumental performances."

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/

antic604 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:11 am
Push allows that (tried with success), but no idea about Live.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm
I felt the same when they made keyboards velocity sensitive, who needs it right! And don’t get me started on bloody aftertouch....
To be honest though, velocity is fine, though aftertouch I actually don't see much use for.
The only times I see most of these things really being useful is for liver performance or people making orchestrated sets which needs the human element. Otherwise, I think most people just tend to go in after the manually or even play in notes and adjust the velocity afterwords and just automate other parameters instead of aftertouch.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”