DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

[EDIT: SOLVED]
i looked at script console output, quickly googled, istalled at-spi2-core package — and this solved my problem.

probably this is worth to be mentioned somewhere (in the manual?) that on Linux this package is required for correct work of all functions.

[ORIGINAL POST]

i have a problem with saving flexi settings.
when i make settings and try to write them to file, a window with file system appears, i enter the file name, press OK — and nothing is written.
tried to create empty file test.properties — it asks me whether i want to replace the existing file, i press Replace, and nothing is overwritten, the file remains empty, modification time of the file is unchanged.

tried with Bitwig 3.3.1, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 on Linux, DrivenByMoss 11.5.2 and 11.6.1.

any workarounds?

i even don't mind to write properties file with CC mappings by hand, just to be able to load it.

edit: here's what i found in controller script console:

Code: Select all

Called init()
Running.
No file name set.
Could not create file dialog.
java.io.IOException: (zenity:101683): dbind-WARNING **: 12:42:31.783: AT-SPI: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
	at de.mossgrabers.nativefiledialogs.AbstractNativeFileDialogs.executeProcess(AbstractNativeFileDialogs.java:131)
	at de.mossgrabers.nativefiledialogs.linux.NativeLinuxFileDialogs.selectFile(NativeLinuxFileDialogs.java:105)
	at de.mossgrabers.nativefiledialogs.linux.NativeLinuxFileDialogs.selectNewFile(NativeLinuxFileDialogs.java:51)
	at de.mossgrabers.controller.generic.controller.GenericFlexiControlSurface.getFileName(GenericFlexiControlSurface.java:324)
	at de.mossgrabers.controller.generic.controller.GenericFlexiControlSurface.saveFile(GenericFlexiControlSurface.java:283)
	at java.base/java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Unknown Source)
	at de.mossgrabers.framework.configuration.AbstractConfiguration.notifyObservers(AbstractConfiguration.java:1464)
	at de.mossgrabers.controller.generic.GenericFlexiConfiguration.lambda$init$2(GenericFlexiConfiguration.java:384)
	at de.mossgrabers.bitwig.framework.configuration.SignalSettingImpl.lambda$addSignalObserver$0(SignalSettingImpl.java:41)
	at com.bitwig.flt.control_surface.values.SignalProxy.notifyObservers(SourceFile:121)
	at Adx.DIA(SourceFile:94)
	at Adx.YCb(SourceFile:90)
	at QO3.iMF(SourceFile:128)
	at CAN.TUf(SourceFile:76)
	at nyy.FQx(SourceFile:273)
	at iun.DIA(SourceFile:329)
	at Gtr.DIA(SourceFile:205)
	at KbG.run(SourceFile:91)
	at Gtr.run(SourceFile:106)

chaocrator wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:11 am [EDIT: SOLVED]
i looked at script console output, quickly googled, istalled at-spi2-core package — and this solved my problem.

probably this is worth to be mentioned somewhere (in the manual?) that on Linux this package is required for correct work of all functions.

[ORIGINAL POST]

i have a problem with saving flexi settings.
when i make settings and try to write them to file, a window with file system appears, i enter the file name, press OK — and nothing is written.
tried to create empty file test.properties — it asks me whether i want to replace the existing file, i press Replace, and nothing is overwritten, the file remains empty, modification time of the file is unchanged.

tried with Bitwig 3.3.1, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 on Linux, DrivenByMoss 11.5.2 and 11.6.1.

any workarounds?

i even don't mind to write properties file with CC mappings by hand, just to
Interesting. What Linux distro are you using?

moss wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:02 pm Interesting. What Linux distro are you using?
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with LXDE (upgraded from Lubuntu 18.04).
i believe regular Ubuntu (with Gnome 3 desktop) has at-spi2-core package installed by default — however, some other Ubuntu flavors may differ, or it may get removed once nothing else depends on it.

dupont wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:21 am
moss wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:01 pm
dupont wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 pm Thanks for new features but is it still not possible to scroll Bitwig screen in sync with APC40 ?
You mean that the Bitwig window follows what you see on the APC? That's actually a bug in Bitwig with scrolling.
Yes. So lets wait for a bitwig update ! Thanks anyway for your usefull work.
This has still not yet been solved in 3.3.4 ?

Hi there. Props on the great extension. A quick question please for my Launchpad x in Bitwig.

I would like to change the overall pad sensitivity. There aren't settings for that in the Bitwig Settings page for the Launchpad X. The device settings page isnt for that? seems to control specific things

Thanks, Ed

Hi,

One question. The poly aftertouch on Launchpad Pro (orginal) dont seems to be working on this script (although it works on the BWS script).

Do I need to activate something or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

dupont wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:37 pm
dupont wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:21 am
moss wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:01 pm
dupont wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:58 pm Thanks for new features but is it still not possible to scroll Bitwig screen in sync with APC40 ?
You mean that the Bitwig window follows what you see on the APC? That's actually a bug in Bitwig with scrolling.
Yes. So lets wait for a bitwig update ! Thanks anyway for your usefull work.
This has still not yet been solved in 3.3.4 ?
I had a longish talk about this issue. Thing is that it is not a bug but a missing method for scrolling to a scene (there is currently only a method for scrolling to a track). Conclusion was that this should actually not be coded at all but a controller option in Bitwig, if it should follow or not but this needs some planning and thought. So, I am afraid this might take a bit more time.

nobadmojo wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:36 pm Hi there. Props on the great extension. A quick question please for my Launchpad x in Bitwig.

I would like to change the overall pad sensitivity. There aren't settings for that in the Bitwig Settings page for the Launchpad X. The device settings page isnt for that? seems to control specific things

Thanks, Ed
I did not add these settings since they are also available via the hardware settings of the Launchpad X. See the Settings chapter in the user guide.

pc999 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:32 pm Hi,

One question. The poly aftertouch on Launchpad Pro (orginal) dont seems to be working on this script (although it works on the BWS script).

Do I need to activate something or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Check the settings. The last one is "Convert Poly Aftertouch to". Make sure you have selected "Poly Aftertouch".

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey there,
im using bitwig 3.3.3 and drivenbymoss 11.6.1. im on mac os 10.15.7. i can change tracks with the buttons 1-8. thats all. nothing else is working :/. any ideas ^^

many thanks and regards
martin
moss wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:46 am DrivenByMoss 11.6.1 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de (http://mossgrabers.de)
  • Requires Bitwig 3.2.5+
  • APC40/mkII
    • New: Select Session mode again when already in Session mode to dis-/activate birds-eye view, which allows to quickly navigate the session grid.
    • Fixed: MkI: All clips did blink not only the selected one.
    • Fixed: Cursor up/down was mixed up in the simulator.
  • APCmini
    • Fixed: Selecting a mode did still send the pad up event to the new mode and e.g. started a clip in session mode.
    • Fixed: Selected mode was not always displayed correctly.
    • Fixed: Play/Stop did not work.
  • Launchpad
    • Fixed: Drum 64 mode: Selected pads in the right bottom corner were lit in the left upper corner.
  • Push
    • Fixed: Drum 64 mode: Selected pads in the right bottom corner were lit in the left upper corner.
    • Fixed: Clip parameters could not be slowly changed with Shift.
Enjoy!

on the apc 40 mk2...sorry ;)

moss wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 am

Check the settings. The last one is "Convert Poly Aftertouch to". Make sure you have selected "Poly Aftertouch".
Thanks for the reply.

I did check it and it is selected to Poly Aftertouch, but I am having no luck as it still does not work. :?

Martin Wunderlich wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 am Hey there,
im using bitwig 3.3.3 and drivenbymoss 11.6.1. im on mac os 10.15.7. i can change tracks with the buttons 1-8. thats all. nothing else is working :/. any ideas ^^
Sorry, no idea. Do you see any errors? Check again the in-/outputs. Is it actually my script you have selected and not the Bitwig one?

pc999 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm
moss wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 am

Thanks for the reply.

I did check it and it is selected to Poly Aftertouch, but I am having no luck as it still does not work. :?
It works fine for me, so it is not a general issue.
I guess it can be ruled out that it is deactivated in the hardware settings?

How are you testing that it (not) works? I guess the Bitwig version simply routes it straight into the DAW, while with my conversion option there is another method called. So, could be that there is a difference somehow.

In case you have NIs Kontakt or a similar plugin with a MIDI monitor, you could check the incoming MIDI on the channel.

if i add a new controller, i can choose between bitwig and moss. it looks like only some buttons dont work. eg. shift, play, record, metronome, pan, send, user, nudge, bank select...

Return to “Controller Scripting”