VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
KVRAF
2498 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:04 am

zvenx wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:21 am
I forgot I even bought this.. yikes....
Maybe one day I will truly gel with it.
I assume no new versions have come out since the released version?
rsp
you forgot you bought it? it's been out all of 15 minutes (more or less)... :o
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
one plugin short of perfection...

KVRAF
10091 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 am

I havent used it once in a project, enarmoured by other plugins. I have lots of plugins that rarely get used though.
Rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF
5072 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:00 am

zvenx wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:19 am
I havent used it once in a project, enarmoured by other plugins. I have lots of plugins that rarely get used though.
Rsp
Sacrilege!

KVRAF
10091 posts since 16 Feb, 2005 from Kingston, Jamaica

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:24 am

:).. i think you and i debated and bought at the same time.
And it has inspired you no end.
Great qhwn an instrument does that.
rsp
sound sculptist

KVRAF

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 am

zvenx wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:24 am
rsp
Indeed.
Too many toys and not enough time. So I am down to mainly 3 synths for my synthesis needs. Plasmonic is the most used one while I still explore it, followed by my still beloved P900 and one of my all-time favourite Alchemy.
I almost do not use or play with anything else and I think it is good so. Same for me with FX plug-ins. Everything else is covered within my DAW. This let me focus more and finally maybe I master some of my tools.
I even have tons of huge sample libraries still waiting for first real usage...but that is another trap.

KVRAF
2498 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:53 am

Cinebient wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 am
zvenx wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:24 am
rsp
Indeed.
Too many toys and not enough time. So I am down to mainly 3 synths for my synthesis needs. Plasmonic is the most used one while I still explore it, followed by my still beloved P900 and one of my all-time favourite Alchemy.
I almost do not use or play with anything else and I think it is good so. Same for me with FX plug-ins. Everything else is covered within my DAW. This let me focus more and finally maybe I master some of my tools.
I even have tons of huge sample libraries still waiting for first real usage...but that is another trap.
to which i say: "soundset" :D i've got my credit card ready, plasmonic is open, and.............
https://upstatebrooklyn.com
one plugin short of perfection...

KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am

Some strange ambient, 100% Plasmonic, no extern FX as well.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/plasmonic-demons

Suspended
4029 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Not sure if this is a bug , when routing a signal to a disabled resonator module (picture 1 )
, the output is less louder compared to a disabled filter module ( picture 2)
Both modules are routed straight to output
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

KVRian
672 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm

yes, same here:
through filter is A LOT louder than through resonator
but imho that's probably rather a feature because
if you turn the resonator on the signal gets amplified quite a lot
and a lot more than comparable the filter module

probably i suppose a softer pre-stage before entering the "big" resonator
to avoid distortion/clipping
so i think it's rather a feature than a bug
i guess...

KVRian
526 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:40 pm

Cinebient wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

KVRAF
18736 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Julien Unison wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:40 pm
Cinebient wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:42 am
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
yup :)

KVRAF
3194 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:07 pm

Cinebient wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:50 am
Indeed.
I'm not going to be able to pair down as hard as you have, but I'm definitely inspired to keep to a solid 5 synths for a while. At one point everything I did was Absynth, Kontakt and Zebra 2, it was a productive period for me.

KVRAF
3230 posts since 2 Jul, 2005

Post Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:47 pm

I keep almost getting this, but then finding other things that I actually need. I do love that this thing actually uses all the parts of mpe rather than just adding pressure and slide as mod sources. With all these resonators and delays, using release velocity to play with the feedback and the envelope releases makes for some amazingly dynamic patches. I really want them to add an fx version or at least add user samples as optional impulses. Or samples in place of oscillators. I disagree that it is hard to find useful exciters (one of the reasons that they didn't want user impulses) especially since the filter can be between the impulse and the resonator. I'm sure I'll get around to getting this soon enough. It is the first really interesting PM synth I've seen in a while.
There are tons of things I would love to have seen in the release, more random sources for modulation (or at least a full random LFOs shape), some full on Absynth multistage envelopes, maybe a couple other styles of resonator, but mostly full routing for the filter/resonator via a mixer including feedback paths (so filter> resonator > resonator*aftertouch> filter with the overdrive being fed from 50% resonator and 50% filter would be possible). The output could use a decent compressor to tame the crazy dynamic range this thing is capable of. Alternately a per voice compressor would be fun especially switchable pre/post overdrive and eq. All 3 would be grand if they could be reordered.

Anyway. This is a great piece of gear. Just not something I would be using a whole lot so I'm holding off.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

KVRAF
1931 posts since 12 Jan, 2019

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:56 am

Ah_Dziz wrote:
Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:47 pm
Just not something I would be using a whole lot so I'm holding off.
Same--maybe a sale would push me over.
"Have you ever noticed how anyone driving faster than you is a [jerk] and anyone driving slower than you is a moron?" - George Carlin

Suspended
4029 posts since 22 Mar, 2009 from gent

Post Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:56 pm

I am totally in love with this plugin , easy to handle , expressive and magical results .
Gui wise there is some work , maybe some diferent colour schemes ?
The only downside is that it’s a bit cpu hungry on my (pretty old ) system .
Great plug , wel done !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”