PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

zvenx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:21 pm I forgot I even bought this.. yikes....
Maybe one day I will truly gel with it.
I assume no new versions have come out since the released version?
rsp
you forgot you bought it? it's been out all of 15 minutes (more or less)... :o

I havent used it once in a project, enarmoured by other plugins. I have lots of plugins that rarely get used though.
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:19 pm I havent used it once in a project, enarmoured by other plugins. I have lots of plugins that rarely get used though.
Rsp
Sacrilege!

:).. i think you and i debated and bought at the same time.
And it has inspired you no end.
Great qhwn an instrument does that.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:24 pm :).. i think you and i debated and bought at the same time.
rsp
Indeed.
Too many toys and not enough time. So I am down to mainly 3 synths for my synthesis needs. Plasmonic is the most used one while I still explore it, followed by my still beloved P900 and one of my all-time favourite Alchemy.
I almost do not use or play with anything else and I think it is good so. Same for me with FX plug-ins. Everything else is covered within my DAW. This let me focus more and finally maybe I master some of my tools.
I even have tons of huge sample libraries still waiting for first real usage...but that is another trap.

Cinebient wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm
zvenx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:24 pm :).. i think you and i debated and bought at the same time.
rsp
Indeed.
Too many toys and not enough time. So I am down to mainly 3 synths for my synthesis needs. Plasmonic is the most used one while I still explore it, followed by my still beloved P900 and one of my all-time favourite Alchemy.
I almost do not use or play with anything else and I think it is good so. Same for me with FX plug-ins. Everything else is covered within my DAW. This let me focus more and finally maybe I master some of my tools.
I even have tons of huge sample libraries still waiting for first real usage...but that is another trap.
to which i say: "soundset" :D i've got my credit card ready, plasmonic is open, and.............

Some strange ambient, 100% Plasmonic, no extern FX as well.
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/plasmonic-demons

Not sure if this is a bug , when routing a signal to a disabled resonator module (picture 1 )
, the output is less louder compared to a disabled filter module ( picture 2)
Both modules are routed straight to output
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

yes, same here:
through filter is A LOT louder than through resonator
but imho that's probably rather a feature because
if you turn the resonator on the signal gets amplified quite a lot
and a lot more than comparable the filter module

probably i suppose a softer pre-stage before entering the "big" resonator
to avoid distortion/clipping
so i think it's rather a feature than a bug
i guess...

Cinebient wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:42 pm Some strange ambient, 100% Plasmonic, no extern FX as well.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

Julien Unison wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:40 am
Cinebient wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:42 pm Some strange ambient, 100% Plasmonic, no extern FX as well.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
yup :)

Cinebient wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:50 pm Indeed.
I'm not going to be able to pair down as hard as you have, but I'm definitely inspired to keep to a solid 5 synths for a while. At one point everything I did was Absynth, Kontakt and Zebra 2, it was a productive period for me.

I keep almost getting this, but then finding other things that I actually need. I do love that this thing actually uses all the parts of mpe rather than just adding pressure and slide as mod sources. With all these resonators and delays, using release velocity to play with the feedback and the envelope releases makes for some amazingly dynamic patches. I really want them to add an fx version or at least add user samples as optional impulses. Or samples in place of oscillators. I disagree that it is hard to find useful exciters (one of the reasons that they didn't want user impulses) especially since the filter can be between the impulse and the resonator. I'm sure I'll get around to getting this soon enough. It is the first really interesting PM synth I've seen in a while.
There are tons of things I would love to have seen in the release, more random sources for modulation (or at least a full random LFOs shape), some full on Absynth multistage envelopes, maybe a couple other styles of resonator, but mostly full routing for the filter/resonator via a mixer including feedback paths (so filter> resonator > resonator*aftertouch> filter with the overdrive being fed from 50% resonator and 50% filter would be possible). The output could use a decent compressor to tame the crazy dynamic range this thing is capable of. Alternately a per voice compressor would be fun especially switchable pre/post overdrive and eq. All 3 would be grand if they could be reordered.

Anyway. This is a great piece of gear. Just not something I would be using a whole lot so I'm holding off.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:47 am Just not something I would be using a whole lot so I'm holding off.
Same--maybe a sale would push me over.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I am totally in love with this plugin , easy to handle , expressive and magical results .
Gui wise there is some work , maybe some diferent colour schemes ?
The only downside is that it’s a bit cpu hungry on my (pretty old ) system .
Great plug , wel done !
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”