Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

"It's not a problem for me, so why is it a problem for you? And Therefore I conclude it is not a problem."
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:44 am "It's not a problem for me, so why is it a problem for you? And Therefore I conclude it is not a problem."
rsp
Jesus dude. What's your problem? How is four mouse clicks and five seconds a problem?

So the Check for Updates feature doesn't work yet oh boo hoo. I'm sure there are more pressing issues for Matt to deal with. I'm sure it will work eventually but until then we have to do the back breaking task of manually checking for updates. Good Lord people the things you whine about.... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My problem is you are constantly arrogantly behaving YET again that your opinion is the only opinion that is valid.
That somehow if it isn't a problem for you, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone else.
You are not the world.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:21 am My problem is you are constantly arrogantly behaving YET again that your opinion is the only opinion that is valid.
That somehow if it isn't a problem for you, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone else.
You are not the world.
rsp
WTF are you talking about ? Are you actually whining that we have to manually check for Vital updates a task that takes all of five seconds ?

How can a few mouse clicks and a few seconds be a problem for anyone ?

Are you so arrogant that you think your complaints should matter to anyone else ? Your opinion doesn't matter any more than mine and mine any more than yours but in this case you'd have to just be looking for something to bitch about to complain about having to manually check for updates. It's really such an insignificant thing. You've spent more time attacking and insulting me here than you would have spent checking for updates in two months.

Certainly there are other issues that should take precedence like Linux stability even though it doesn't affect me at all but as usual all you can think of is yourself.

Where is the problem again ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'll tell you sir, what the problem is, the hypocrisy of your post...the personal attacks stop here or the thread gets locked up until morning...oh and tek...go right ahead and report me again, np
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Wait what ? So attacking me is fine but if I defend myself then you want to play moderator ?

For the record this is the post that got me attacked.....

"This wouldn't be the first update that didn't show up on the front page without having to click All Downloads even when the Win, Mac, and Linux versions were available at the same time.

Like I said I've just gotten used to checking All Downloads periodically. Not a big deal, just a few mouse clicks and a couple seconds of time".

That is what got me attacked for no reason out of nowhere? Zvenx is just mad because of discussions we've had on a private forum and he's bringing that here to attack me in public.

Let's not forget how you respond when you feel you're being attacked.

You know I'm right that complaining about a task that takes five seconds when there are other more important issues for Matt to deal with makes no sense.

But whatever dude. I'm not going to report you. I've already made my opinion crystal clear. But don't let my past actions cloud your judgment in this case. That's not what good moderators do.

If you feel the need to suspend or ban me then so be it....but you'd better do the same for my attacker or you've only served to prove my point.

I'll say no more on the subject if zvenx will simply leave me alone.

Do whatever you think is right.
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

if all the petty BS, and all the arguments disappeared from these forums, there would be maybe 5 threads, and 6 or 7 posts...tops.

anyway, i dream of a world where people (and yes, am including myself) stay on topic, and there's great, lively, and non-combative discussion.

meanwhile, vital owns me; this (and plasmonic) have taken over my brain; am using vital everywhere (in songs, on cereals...)

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:54 am Wait what ? So attacking me is fine but if I defend myself then you want to play moderator ?

For the record this is the post that got me attacked.....

"This wouldn't be the first update that didn't show up on the front page without having to click All Downloads even when the Win, Mac, and Linux versions were available at the same time.

Like I said I've just gotten used to checking All Downloads periodically. Not a big deal, just a few mouse clicks and a couple seconds of time".

That is what got me attacked for no reason out of nowhere? Zvenx is just mad because of discussions we've had on a private forum and he's bringing that here to attack me in public.

You know I'm right that complaining about a task that takes five seconds when there are other more important issues for Matt to deal with makes no sense.

But whatever dude. I'm not going to report you. I've already made my opinion crystal clear. But don't let my past actions cloud your judgment in this case. That's not what good moderators do.

If you feel the need to suspend or ban me then so be it....but you'd better do the same for my attacker or you've only served to prove my point.

I'll say no more on the subject if zvenx will simply leave me alone.

Do whatever you think is right.
no I said the personal attacks stop...both ways...your hypocrisy is just quite note worthy. The edit for more gaslighting takes the cake, after I posted...:lol:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

fisherKing wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:56 am if all the petty BS, and all the arguments disappeared from these forums, there would be maybe 5 threads, and 6 or 7 posts...tops.

anyway, i dream of a world where people (and yes, am including myself) stay on topic, and there's great, lively, and non-combative discussion.

meanwhile, vital owns me; this (and plasmonic) have taken over my brain; am using vital everywhere (in songs, on cereals...)
Vital is a really good synth! Fantastic modulation system. Very powerful without seeming convoluted. Plus it is great for MPE. To me, sound quality is not quite as good as my favorite synths, but good enough to be satisfying. It is also really fast to create sounds. I love the text to wavetable function too!

Matt explained on this thread before that he thinks these small updates are not "Auto-Update-worthy-yet".

While I personally disagree and would rather have a finer grained setting for the auto-update like some other software I use, where you can set "include beta versions" or such like, I can understand that these are mostly bugfixes and I assume that not auto-updating keeps the userbase for them smaller and limited to the more techy folk, until Matt can be sure they are all there.
As I understood him, the auto update works just fine and he plans to have a v1.1 fully distributed to everybody.
So think of the Auto-Update as a function for full releases and the website to check if there are work-in-progress releases.

So it's simply a developers prerogative to distribute his software as it makes sense to him.
Not the best communicated/clear solution maybe, but he is one guy doing fantastic work on many levels, so I have no qualms at all.
Usually, those kind of things get ironed out over time anyway when the more pressing matters are solved.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

glokraw wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:56 pm Well, I didn't make it quite to M yet, and have to agree, great sounds, very playable.
@ Sonic Sirious, thanks for sharing your creations. Were you listening to 'old' Yes albums recently? You gotya some 'Close To The Edge' vibrations happening :hyper:
Thanks for the feedback glokraw.

nunrgguy wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:14 am Linux is fantastic.
1.0.8 for linux is available.

Just deleted two posts...after all this time two people have to come in comment about others...I'm gonna start suspending people...if it aint about vital it doesnt belong here and if you post it you know the risk

Is there a changelog? Would about 1.08 for macos? Thanks.

still no 1.0.8 mac afaik yet, as far as i can see

Return to “Instruments”