Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

PANTJA5ILA wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:38 amWhat are the big difference between Pro and Artist in terms of mixing?
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... e-versions
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

when is 5.2 planned for release?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:50 pm when is 5.2 planned for release?
We’ll find out in an hour and a half

eclipxe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm
I thought it wasn't till Tues March 9th
Studio One 5.2, Bitwig 3.3.5, FL Studio 20.8.2 + Windows 10

eclipxe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:38 pm
Dope!!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

^^^
:hyper:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Release is tomorrow 9am PST

Nothing huge from the preview...Most of my leaks were spot on - but there's more that wasn't in the leak.

The clip launcher thing isn't really a clip launcher the way we want to use it during composition. The arranger switching stuff is kinda sorta getting there and you can kinda fake it, but meh. Maybe in 5.5 we'll get the whole thing.

A lot of focus on the Show Page/Collaboration/Notation features....features I frankly will never use, so kinda disappointing. The midi editor improvements and keyswitch stuff is awesome though, and some nice improvements to the Atom SQ. All-in-all, solid for .2 release

do people want a new thread for the update tomorrow?...I can do a temp lock of this for a day or two then bring it back when the new one is going :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Did today's 5.2 preview have info on an Apple M1 Universal Binary?

@Hink: Maybe the OP will change the topic title and first post respectively when there's more info.

It's still Studio One 5, so, would be a bit weird to have yet another thread.

Jim Rosebrook wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:30 pm Did today's 5.2 preview have info on an Apple M1 Universal Binary?
It had a quick mention of M1 support, but included "Rosetta 2" in the slide - not sure if they just made optimizations and it's still translated or fully updated for M1. Will rewatch again later.

"Compatibility with Apple Silicon Macs" and the slide had a "Rosetta 2" logo on the side. That was it.

Is there any videos,showing off the new features in 5.2 or did I miss it? @ work now
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

^^^ I'm watching this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXImu3yyq4

cloud integration 0-10
arranger and stuffs 10-16
sound variations 16-26
mix improvements 26-32
panning on multiple tracks, spitter visual representation on mixer tracks, audio clip versions
score editor 32-38
guitar tabs, drum mapping, voices
workflow improvements and new safety options 38-
(piano roll 41:53)

and PreSonus killed it ... :D R.I.P
Last edited by xbitz on Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

eclipxe wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:11 pm Release is tomorrow 9am PST

Nothing huge from the preview...Most of my leaks were spot on - but there's more that wasn't in the leak.

The clip launcher thing isn't really a clip launcher the way we want to use it during composition. The arranger switching stuff is kinda sorta getting there and you can kinda fake it, but meh. Maybe in 5.5 we'll get the whole thing.

A lot of focus on the Show Page/Collaboration/Notation features....features I frankly will never use, so kinda disappointing. The midi editor improvements and keyswitch stuff is awesome though, and some nice improvements to the Atom SQ. All-in-all, solid for .2 release
Lots huge- all the stuff you never use is all the stuff I use. Horses for courses.
So this update is very welcome. The Show Page, VSL integration, collaboration... all huge for me. Definitely not disappointing.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”