The Favorite Analog Synthesizer Emulations

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:55 pm
pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:20 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:41 am Knowing the pedigree of the developer , the forthcoming cytomic modular will make waves !!
How forthcoming is it? Is it close?
I have no idea
Ahhh... thought you might have heard something. It will be an insta-buy whenever it does come out.

Same here but boy I have a feeling it won’t be next week... At least we already have The Drop.

I still use A-Synth. Yes i know it is not a specific emulation, but it still has a Minimoog/Oberheim Xpander and MS-20 filter though and they sound really nice! I suppose you could 'emulate those synths quite easily with the different filters. Anyway it is obviously an old synth but it holds up great today with all the CPU killers out there today.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:13 am I still use A-Synth. Yes i know it is not a specific emulation, but it still has a Minimoog/Oberheim Xpander and MS-20 filter though and they sound really nice! I suppose you could 'emulate those synths quite easily with the different filters. Anyway it is obviously an old synth but it holds up great today with all the CPU killers out there today.
In my Host Sonar pro Asynth only plays in my left channel.. is there a way to remedy this? Agreed that Asynth sounds great though!

surreal wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:46 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:13 am I still use A-Synth. Yes i know it is not a specific emulation, but it still has a Minimoog/Oberheim Xpander and MS-20 filter though and they sound really nice! I suppose you could 'emulate those synths quite easily with the different filters. Anyway it is obviously an old synth but it holds up great today with all the CPU killers out there today.
In my Host Sonar pro Asynth only plays in my left channel.. is there a way to remedy this? Agreed that Asynth sounds great though!

hmm, i dont own Sonar Pro so can't help you sorry, but maybe ask in their Forums?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Hmm... there was something with Asynth, but, I can't remember now. Could it be that it requires to be put on a mono channel?

There's so much good stuff out there that at this point it's mostly about workflow for me.
Repro, Obsession, Legend and I'm good.

I'm much more selective in my VST acquisitions than I used to be when I hung out here a lot more, 10-15 years ago, but as someone who still owns an Arp 2600 and an Oberheim FVS, the only analog emulations that sounded close to "right" for me were the AAS Ultra Analog stuff and some of the Arturia emulations. I do like and use Zebra2 sometimes, so plenty of respect for Urs and team. Is U-he's analog emulation really noticeably better than those?

kevink wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm Is U-he's analog emulation really noticeably better than those?
IMHO yes, but only your ears will tell you that.

U-he DIVA and ACE together scratch my analog itch enough that I barely ever touch my A4 or my minibrute (and sold a prophet 08 a long time ago). That said I've never owned any vintage analogs, only modern ones (oldest synth I've owned was an ensoniq SQ80 which has analog filters but everything else is digital)

/* static noise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

S0210 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:36 am FullBucket FB-3200
This one :D

It's been a while since I've used Sonar, but you can force mono to stereo (also see the note near the end re: mono plugins)

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ck.19.html

HTH :pray:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:12 pm
It's been a while since I've used Sonar, but you can force mono to stereo (also see the note near the end re: mono plugins)

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation? ... ck.19.html

HTH :pray:
Thank you very much

Looking to pick up an analog emulation that is pretty cheap.
Vacuum Pro does look good and sounds nice.
Which ones out there are good like this and have a lot of presets?
Looking for a lot of presets to start.

Return to “Instruments”