Tone2 Warlock (synthesizer) - available now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Warlock

This is a beautiful synth Markus, once this Covid madness is over I'll get a license. Not sure if it's intentional, but the demo version doesn't seem to time out for me.

Influx808 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:44 am Hi markus did you get my tracks ? I got them mastered especially for this competition.
My name is Darren Cummins. I sent them early hours Saturday.night Sunday morning
Yes. Thanks a lot for your submission! The winners will be annouced next week in our forum

halcyon68 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:04 pm This is a beautiful synth Markus, once this Covid madness is over I'll get a license. Not sure if it's intentional, but the demo version doesn't seem to time out for me.
The demo restrictions are:
- Comes with only 256 instead of over 2000 patches
- Some disabled features
- You can save patches as fxp / t2b
- One month time limit

Are there any other Warlock users who also use Cakewalk by BandLab or Sonar? I'm having a problem with MIDI CC assignments with the VST3 version of Warlock in my CbB setup, and I'm wondering if you are, too.

So for anyone using Warlock (VST3) in Cakewalk by BandLab or Sonar, if you right-click a knob, do you get options to assign MIDI controllers to the knob...or does nothing happen at all?

Thanks!

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Hello Steve,

i already answered to you in several mails as well in the forum.

Unlike with VST 2.4, Midi in VST3 is a host feature. It is not a plugin feature. We plugin devs are not happy about this design decision by Steinberg.
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/vst3-and ... all/201879
The midi-learn dialog that opens when you right-click on a knob belongs to the host and not the plugin. You must refer to the host developer.

The topic will not further be discussed here, since I already answered you and because it is off-topic.

Best Regards,
Markus

Markus, just to clarify, I had posted this question here a couple of hours before I received your last email, and only after I mentioned twice via email that I might post it here.

As I mentioned in the emails a few times, all the other VST2 and VST3 plug-ins I have support MIDI CC control in Cakewalk by BandLab, so I really don’t see how the issue is with CbB.

I was just hoping to find out if anyone else had the same issue, but I’ll let it go; the rest of Warlock seems to work fine for me.

Thanks again for Warlock.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

I have to say I sympathize with planetearth here; it's perfectly possible that Cakewalk has quirks with this MIDI learn/control function, but being that other VST3s work in it, there must be a combination of something different Warlock does with how Cakewalk deals with this difference that triggers the issue.
Being Cakewalk free, why not taking a look? If the solution is easy, that would help Warlock be more appealing to Cakewalk users (and no, I'm no longer one of those since an age ago...)

- Mario

The first demotrack is finished.
Genres: Ambient, New-Age, Cinematic, Atmosperic

https://www.tone2.com/mp3download/Tone2 ... mbient.mp3

Hi Markus,

could you share the presets used ? As I am really interested especially in that kind of stuff of course a song-walktrough someday would be really appreciated :-)

Checking it out

tatanka wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 am Hi Markus,

could you share the presets used ? As I am really interested especially in that kind of stuff of course a song-walktrough someday would be really appreciated :-)
I can pass along the ones I used if it is ok with Markus of course.

@examigan: Sure!

@tatanka: There have been a big number of artists involved with the demos. Most of them did not submit a listing what presets they did use. It was not a requirement. But I can take attention of it in the future if there is demand for this

tatanka wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:54 am Hi Markus,

I sent in two demos and one of them is the last part of the Ambient/Cinematic/NewAge/Atmospheric demo track.

These are the presets I used (slightly tweeked here and there):

BAS Beauuu
KEY Synthrock
LEAD Repro1
KEY Back to the 80s
GAT Chillator
PAD Fantasy Dreams

I also used Addictive Drums with the Black Velvet kit.

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:24 pm I, for one, will never buy a non-MPE synth ever again.
I agree, especially after spending time with Plasmonic! It convinced me :)

Return to “Instruments”