Tal J-8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gas Giant - TAL J-8 Presets TAL-J-8

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:23 pm ...

Also, I didn't even know the plugin was supposed to output MIDI!
lol

Ditto.
rsp
sound sculptist

MitchK1989 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:38 am I agree, just install all the TAL demos and then try to resist pulling the trigger when you realize there's a bundle discount if you buy multiple TAL products simultaneously...
and its a pretty hefty discount imo.
about 150euros for j-8, sampler and talmod, which is an awesome package. especially, if you count in tals free stuff sonically.

I think the bundle discount should be advertised more I'd have considered more than just TAL J-8 if I'd known when I bought it

Couple of things

First off - I'm one of those who very much appreciates the many updates/tweaks/fixes - so just would like to say thanks to the developer

Second off -thanks for fixing the latching bugs on the ARPs

One thing - I've just been playing with the Midi-out (didn't even know it had it till now) - now maybe I'm just using it wrong - but if you are not using the ARP on lower or upper - it would be great it it didn't output midi on the non-ARP part of the split. Could be just way I'm using it though

So just did lovely bassline on J-8 with midi-out also to Repro 1 - and can fade in the J-8 with Expression pedal. J-8 is set to split, bassline on lower, it would be nice to then play the J-8 upper non-arped (which you can) - but the midi out from upper (non ARP) is also sent to Repro.

I'm probably over-complicating things its just fun playing J-8 "live" - I could fix in Reaper by adding a midi-note filter before Repro. Just was wondering what use the midi-out for non-ARP'd notes from J-8 would be ?

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:53 pm
MitchK1989 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:38 am I agree, just install all the TAL demos and then try to resist pulling the trigger when you realize there's a bundle discount if you buy multiple TAL products simultaneously...
about 150euros for j-8, sampler and talmod, which is an awesome package. especially, if you count in tals free stuff sonically.
Edit:
This is a nice package. Do you know what's the price if you already have J-8? I thought there is a package of synths to sell at their website :dog:

I will see anyway if I'm going to buy TAL-MOD :)
Last edited by EnGee on Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

anttimaatteri wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:05 pm
i did that!...
but then i pulled the trigger on the voltage modular core bundle hahaha
not in the same league sound quality wise, also a completely different product lol.

Think I might have found a bug/regression in the most recent version(s) of TAL J-8. When you release the sustain pedal, *all* notes cease playing, even ones that you are still holding down. I'm pretty confident that this didn't happen in earlier versions. Affects all modes - unision, poly i, poly ii. Very annoying if like me you're in the habit of releasing the sustain pedal and re-applying it momentarily after starting a new chord.

If anyone can confirm this I'll let Patrick know. I checked this against TAL-U-NO-LX treats the sustain pedal in the way I'd expect it to work.

Confirmed. Cubase 11, vst3, 10.14.6
rsp
sound sculptist

OK, I've messaged Patrick with a bug report

As a huge Jupiter fan, this warms my heart to read! The legacy shall continue on.

markheath wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:20 pm OK, I've messaged Patrick with a bug report
Version 1.3.9

Releasing sustain pedal also releases holding notes fixed.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:10 pm
markheath wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:20 pm OK, I've messaged Patrick with a bug report
Version 1.3.9

Releasing sustain pedal also releases holding notes fixed.

rsp
OMG!!! Not again!!! So angry!!! Hulk smash! :x :x :x

/s :roll: :lol:

It would be cool to see a lighter skin for the J-8, like an off white.

dermage wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:49 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:05 pm
i did that!...
but then i pulled the trigger on the voltage modular core bundle hahaha
not in the same league sound quality wise, also a completely different product lol.
oh...really, no joke?
and even not in the same quality league approved by you?
i am damned for lifetime now...

and i really thought i just spent 70bucks for a new carreer

EnGee wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:57 pm
anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:53 pm
Edit:
This is a nice package. Do you know what's the price if you already have J-8? I thought there is a package of synths to sell at their website :dog:

I will see anyway if I'm going to buy TAL-MOD :)
no i dont knwo if the dev gives a pricetag for evry plugin you already bought (if u ask him gently^^). some devs did that (like tubeohm. even u-he once had sale with percentages for evry u-he plugin u already had afaik)
its just the more you buy in one stunt the lower the individual plugin prices (for already fair prices tbh)

vertibration wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:26 pm It would be cool to see a lighter skin for the J-8, like an off white.
Might be blasphemous to some but I wouldn't mind the option myself.

Return to “Instruments”