Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

A new update for LM Skin is available!

Version 1.18 Build 200617
==========================
Work-in-progress update to support released PnS 3.3

[New] Skin settings editor is disabled by default to speed up skin loading. Enable or disable skin sections from menu ("Menu->Enable sections")
[New] "Auto-reload scripts" feature (save your script/kuiml file and it's automatically reloaded in PnS)
[New] "Controls generator" module to easily customize or make new widgets (knobs, meters, faders etc). Any widget based on TEMPLATE can be edited (currently enabled only for LMR_TPL_KNOB).
[New] Drag to resize: plugin main window can be resizeable (disabled by default), see skin xml <MAKE_RESIZEABLE ... > option (experimental). Make sure to set .kuiml skin width and height to 100% to use with resizeable skin.
[Added] Data model support for plugin intercommunication (shared data model is implemented in all Blue Cat Audio plugins, but is not intended to use in Plug-n-Script, probably because of implementation complexity when using multiple different scripts in one plugin)
[Improved] Export:
+ build and immediately open your plugin in external application. Right click on "Build results" LED icon to set up application and param, click on it to execute app. Optionally enable "auto-" mode to be executed upon successful build.
+ optimization routine: additionally reduce skin size by 5-40% stripping usused blocks of code from copied files.
* In "Normal" mode optimization removes blocks marked as <!-- NO_EXPORT --> ... <!-- END_NO_EXPORT --> and /* NO_EXPORT */ ... /* END_NO_EXPORT */
* In "Strong" mode it also removes unused TEMPLATES and DEFINES.
* In "Intense" mode it also removes unused classes and functions from script files.
* If strong/intense optimization uncorrectly removes the items you need, you can explicitly mention them in .kuiml file like that: <EXPORT requires="myfunc;myClass;MYTEMPLATE;MYDEFINE" />
* Optionally strip all comments and whitespaces/newlines (which can lead up to 20% of size reduction and almost obfuscate your KUIML code).
+ support for exporting data model (copies required data model files and [scriptName].model located in current script folder)
+ option to select another skin for export (for example export with debug skin for testing)
+ option to replace right click action on export (in addition to existing replacements)
+ option to make custom .kuiml body statically included after export (instead of dynamically loading via KUIML_WIDGET), which speeds up GUI loading time
+ auto copy 'About', 'Legal' and 'Presets' folders from scripts directory
+ add builddate on export into default.xml and About/about.xml

[Added] Support for SCRIPT_DATA_PATH variable in PnS 3.3
[Added] Support for hi-resolution controls in PnS 3.3
[Added] EXTENSIONS_DIR for reusing pieces of code in .kuiml
[Added] Extensions: Log (experimental, may change) and color_preview
[Added] Auto-check for updates (disable "About LM Skin" section to skip update check every 14 days)

[Improved] Skins now can be saved (via Skin Save As...) to any folder/subfolder
[Improved] status() can be used to read value as well
[Improved] status can be animated - status("text", duration_in_sec)
[Improved] Faster skin reloading
[Improved] Skin scanner: shortens too long paths, fixes in copying template code, close and back buttons

[Fixed] Skin settings window unexpected changing position
[Fixed] Skin scanner browser limits length of too long filenames on screen
[Fixed/Changed] all _DIR variables end with "/" and contain full path, all _SUBDIR vars don't have start/end slashes (old skins may fail to load - update <INC .. /> and <LOAD_FONTS .. /> parts)
[Changed] /scripts/RenderObjects are moved to /controls/LMR_Scripts
[Changed] All KUIML scripts now have .as (AngelScript) extension

Download: http://letimix.com/pns-skin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ilyaorlov on Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Very nice! That's an impressive changelog, once again!!

Hi, last version downloaded and last version of PlugNScript using... exported script are not loaded in Presonus Studio One 5

Hello! There's not enough information in your post: Windows or Mac, which plugin format you're using?
If you're on Windows, make sure both the "plugin.dll" or "plugin.vst3" and "plugin-data" folder are copied side by side to your plugins location.
Make sure exported VST3 are located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3".
Try loading them in different DAWs like Reaper or maybe Blue Cat Patchwork, to see if it's Studio One issue only.
In general plugins exported with PnS and LM Skin work totally fine in Studio One.

I just want to say I finally got around to reading through your tutorial last night regarding KUIML, etc. and wow so much effort you have put into the PNS community I want to give you a hearty THANK YOU. I can also really appreciate the params.as stuff you did which can greatly clean up the way parameters are specified in DSP script code!

I am a bit inspired to try my hand at some KUIML now, it has always been off putting in the past as I could not quite wrap my head around it, but I'm starting to understand it better now thanks to your tutorials.

After watching your tutorials I also took a look at the default skin provided with PNS and wow, there is a lot going on in there which is not even covered by the docs as far as I can see, KUIML has many hidden undocumented tricks as far as I can see, though I confess I will not have time enough in this life to reverse engineer any of it. But I'm starting to understand a bit the whole KUIML paradigm..

But anyway, its still not completely clear to me the difference between the top level "Skin" and the the other inner kuiml file that can be saved next to the cxx file with the same name and automatically loaded.

Well anyway you are definitely the KUIML power user and have created these excellent tools to dive deeper, so thank you. Most of my needs are pretty simple, but I would like to explore how I could create some GUI's with tables and data entry type of features, rather then the default one-knob-per-parameter that we get out of the box.

Anyway thanks again..
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:52 pm I just want to say I finally got around to reading through your tutorial last night regarding KUIML, etc. and wow so much effort you have put into the PNS community I want to give you a hearty THANK YOU. I can also really appreciate the params.as stuff you did which can greatly clean up the way parameters are specified in DSP script code!

I am a bit inspired to try my hand at some KUIML now, it has always been off putting in the past as I could not quite wrap my head around it, but I'm starting to understand it better now thanks to your tutorials.

After watching your tutorials I also took a look at the default skin provided with PNS and wow, there is a lot going on in there which is not even covered by the docs as far as I can see, KUIML has many hidden undocumented tricks as far as I can see, though I confess I will not have time enough in this life to reverse engineer any of it. But I'm starting to understand a bit the whole KUIML paradigm..

But anyway, its still not completely clear to me the difference between the top level "Skin" and the the other inner kuiml file that can be saved next to the cxx file with the same name and automatically loaded.

Well anyway you are definitely the KUIML power user and have created these excellent tools to dive deeper, so thank you. Most of my needs are pretty simple, but I would like to explore how I could create some GUI's with tables and data entry type of features, rather then the default one-knob-per-parameter that we get out of the box.

Anyway thanks again..
Hello! Thank you, glad you've found it helpful!

I was digging KUIML for around a year-two and feel quite confident with it now (I'd say 85%+ :) It has limitations you learn the hard way usually, and it needs tricks to do some things, but in general it can do almost everything IMHO, plus minus, well, better say "a lot". Thank to Blue Cat Audio for that!

Regarding main skin and subskins - take a look at KUIML_WIDGET element someday, and try to use that. It's an element which contents you can generate/update on the fly. That's the idea used for PnS Skins/subskins. Main skin has KUIML_WIDGET that loads the "your_script.kuiml" file, while the main skin remains the same.

When you need someone to help with KUIML, Ilya is definitely the man!

We indeed use undocumented features in our own plug-ins. The reason is that features are first tested in our own software before they eventually get public (they might change over time, and you probably do not want to be impacted by changes in non-stable APIs). It may sometimes take a while for an API to get mature enough to get public.

*my bad
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

I downloaded this for 3.31 and I can confirm it works well.
I'm now getting into dsp with plug n script full time (and as well school) so I will have things to contribute very soon.

I intend to make hundreds of DSP examples available shortly. I would say that personally; I do not always use double precision math unless I require it, but maybe that is due to that I have 17 years experience working with internet scripting technologies that use less memory.

I like both flowstone and bluecat's and I think how I could make a first meaningful contribution would be to add some mods to this existing skin so to be considered for an addition. I am thinking a more complicated row and column system which would flex and fluctuate depending on the window size. Also, by setting a logarithm or linear value, maybe to decide how the size might be affected dependent on the window's.

Thanks to Ilya, and to Blue Cat Audio

I'll be making a section on My site catering to Blue Cat Audio's Plug n' Script; just like the flowstone section that I have there already: https://dspplug.com/forum-user-dsp/#flowstone.

So the next update to LM Skin is in plans, so far the new TextArea widget is implemented and can be used for various purposes.

TEXTWIDGET v.1 specifications:

- allows displaying and editing multiline text in KUIML
- can be set to read-only, select-only or editable mode
- resizeable (in both or single direction) with max and min width/height
- adjustable font-size on the fly (Ctrl+MouseWheel) with min and max font size
- supports various fonts with auto-detection of monotype fonts (for faster processing)
- supports text vertical and horizontal alignments including text-align-justify
- Unicode support (with auto-detection of ASCII only for faster processing)
- adjustable offsets, margins, paddings and colors, rounded corners, line-height-ratio
- (optional) displaying line numbers (original or split) with adjustable start position
- (optional) line stripes (different backgrounds for each line), outline active line with different color
- (optional, enabled by default) scrollbar with adjustable width and colors
- copy/paste and selection support with mouse and keyboard navigation
- undo/redo with auto/adjustable max_undo_states
- lazy string update mode for faster processing (or "change_on_type")

Will be included in the next update to LM Skin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just one word: Wow!

And it even speaks French, Great job! :tu:

It's been more than a year long journey with TextWidget already, and it has grown!
Not it supports BBCode, lists, images and tables (in progress).
Showing what we've got so far.
Tables are highly customizeable and rather easy to use, content can be edited, selected and copied.
You may wonder why would one need that for an audio plugin? But in fact it can be helpful in whole list of tasks, starting with debugging, logging, scanning staff, including some text-related music generation etc. etc.

This is insane!! :o

Awesome work! :clap:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”