How does Multicore works on U-He Synths? still a mystery

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*sigh*, now he's reporting posts for doxxing his personal information, which he himself linked to and put on the internet.

Ok, removed two of the screenshots from zvenx, but c'mon, leaking your KVR user name on KVR is hardly doxxing of personal information :lol: :lol: :lol:

disregard this post, sigh

*sigh* if people don't want the information they publicly disclose on their Youtube channel disclosed on a public forum, maybe it's best to not link to said Youtube channel on a public forum.

And for fcuk sake, don't post videos that contain your user name printed on UIs like Sylenth, Hive or Zebra. At least for our offerings, it's easy to hide. Grrr.

It would be comical if it also wasn't actively aggressive.

he chose to use his name on the video and it here...natural consequences, he posted his name on the video when he posted it online, he had no expectation of privacy...if he didnt want that on there he could have written Fred Berf or something :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

To be honest, I get it. The things one can find by googling anything as unsuspicious as a forum user name is crazy. People reveal shitloads of private information, unsuspecting that it would get back to haunt them. Sometimes it's 10 seconds from a forum user name to an abandoned Facebook page which unveils a galore of forgotten information. However, in 2021, the major surprise is that someone would be surprised by this.

I watched xxx's video, it's pretty funny.

"it's got msegs!"

i wouldnt say it was informative tho, not regarding cpu anyway.

it is revealing tho....

[MOD Edit: Now that the video is set to private, the poster who linked to it in the first place doesn't wish the author's first name mentioned anymore... hence I'm editing it out of AnX' post)

Urs wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:40 pm To be honest, I get it. The things one can find by googling ... However, in 2021, the major surprise is that someone would be surprised by this.
Truly.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

claudedefaren wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:03 pm There is nothing convenient about Hive using an assload of CPU with such bare settings. But to entertain your notion, in that video, Dune is even jacked up to 16 voices and uses one of its oversampled filters, and it still uses way less than Hive does at equivalent settings.

Hive has a CPU problem. That's not an opinion, it's a fact, and that video is proof. The sooner you can admit it and address it to make it better, the happier your customers will be. Hive is such a good synth otherwise, so it's a shame that you're so flippant about customer feedback concerning its CPU usage.
hold on there, you are wearing out the report button, and now you show you clearly have an agenda and you are using the video to make your point...something doesnt smell right :?
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

In regards to the video (that is now gone), it just occurred to me that bypassing the filters does not mean they don't process anymore. First of all there are a minuscule number of presets which do not use filters at all. Secondly, like Oscs, we always wanted to keep an alley open to actually morph filter response via ModMatrix. The filters use as much - or little - CPU as the Oscillators combined in the settings depicted in the video.

So again, it's totally valid for a synth to be optimised for init settings. It's just not a common scenario that we particularly cater for. I'd reckon that fewer than one out of a hundred presets has both filters bypassed.

On second thoughts, if we *did* stop processing inaudible oscillators and bypassed filters, we could market the update as "Now up to 75% better performance, up to 300% more voices!" and actually beat each single one of the synths Hive was compared to on init settings :clown:

Yeah, that would suck indeed... :P
Last edited by e@rs on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Urs I think the horse is dead.

but we have so many sticks!

I don't know why I read all this? glad he was called out. That was some ignorant logic.

Return to “u-he”