Gizmo - Hive 2.1 Izmo Theme Mod (Updated August 27 2021 v2.2)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shifrin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:30 am When I load up Hive in Reaper (Version 6.23 / Windows 7 64-bit / VST2) and click the 'piano keys' icon to bring up the keyboard, there is an issue with the box for Y2. Some text is over-written and the popup menu accessed via clicking the text doesn't open. If I switch back to regular Izmo skin everything works fine
Yep, this guy is right, it happens in Reason, Ableton and Waveform, it looks like the text is set as a Default Value hardcoded somewhere in the script, I'll open both scripts in Notepad ++ and compare, see where the issue is.
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

plugmon wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:53 am The same images are used for all A~D lane so they're total monochrome now.

So make 4 colored animated images, and designate them to each lane results in colorful sequencer :tu:
Woop woop!!! thanks for this!!!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm If you hit upon any exact steps to reproduce it may help.
So I just installed the latest version of Reaper 6.25 along with a clean Hive install followed by copying across the Gizmo skin. Same issue as previously noted. You might want to try stepping through some presets while this tab is open as if the assigned parameter for the preset is Filter Resonance you won't necessarily see the overwritten text.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm I'll fix the microtuning soon (maybe as late as this weekend - hopefully sooner)!
Awesome :tu:
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:25 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm If you hit upon any exact steps to reproduce it may help.
So I just installed the latest version of Reaper 6.25 along with a clean Hive install followed by copying across the Gizmo skin. Same issue as previously noted. You might want to try stepping through some presets while this tab is open as if the assigned parameter for the preset is Filter Resonance you won't necessarily see the overwritten text.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm I'll fix the microtuning soon (maybe as late as this weekend - hopefully sooner)!
Awesome :tu:
Thanks for your report! I reproduced the issue. Now just to figure out what I did to cause it. :lol:

I'm confident I can figure this out.

I believe I've fixed all the bugs. At least those reported so far. There were also a number of small improvements throughout. You can download again at the original link or just click here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkertp5gkz7sx ... o.zip?dl=0

Thanks everyone for reporting issues. On the to-do list:

1. I want to make the Sub Tuning a dark box with light text, but this will require more work than other fields.

2. I want to take a stab at coloring the shape sequencer steps.

...I won't even begin either until this weekend, if ever. So consider this current update final for now, and if an update appears, great!

As always, please report any bugs.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:51 am ......

1. I want to make the Sub Tuning a dark box with light text, but this will require more work than other fields.
SubTune text is special -- Actually it is composed of images, not a text rendered with font system. This is because SubTune originally is a KNOB and is never built to output its value as text. Hence the workaround : create images from "-24" to "24" one by one. So if you want to change the color of the text, you need to edit all the images (labor!)

Fortunately I made the light text version during the early light-or-dark background discussions so I share it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/094e4ghut28gg ... t.zip?dl=0

:wink:
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:51 am I believe I've fixed all the bugs. At least those reported so far. There were also a number of small improvements throughout.
Working great here, thanks again!! :clap:

plugmon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:57 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:51 am ......

SubTune text is special -- Actually it is composed of images, not a text rendered with font system. This is because SubTune originally is a KNOB and is never built to output its value as text. Hence the workaround : create images from "-24" to "24" one by one. So if you want to change the color of the text, you need to edit all the images (labor!)

Fortunately I made the light text version during the early light-or-dark background discussions so I share it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/094e4ghut28gg ... t.zip?dl=0

:wink:
Thanks so much for sharing this!!!

Garzita wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:10 am quick question, how hard do you think it would be to make the Shape Sequencer colourful as the original skin?
I may give it a shot to do it, but if you tried and thought it was too hard, I would appreciate your opinion!
So with Plugmon's instructions I began the process of trying to at least color the segments. Gave it a quick look, and just wasn't happy with the results and reverted back. I think the original Hive GUI looks awesome with the colorful shape sequencer, but having seen colorful Shape Sequencer Segments in Izmo, it just doesn't fit this particular theme IMO so I won't be pursuing it any further. Sorry.

If someone wanted to take a stab at it on their own, or even just wanted to post a mock-up of how they think it could look, I'd certainly be open. But my first efforts were such that I immediately rolled back.

Found another few little issues, a picture paints a thousand words :-
Voice.png
If the voice mode is anything other than Poly, the text is very dark. Same if the number of voices is set to 2, and the glide mode is set to rate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Shifrin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:21 pm Found another few little issues, a picture paints a thousand words :-
Voice.png

If the voice mode is anything other than Poly, the text is very dark. Same if the number of voices is set to 2, and the glide mode is set to rate.
I was wondering why there were now two different colors for active text and inactive text. That's an easy fix. Expect an update later today.

Are there any others like that? Don't be afraid to over-report. :lol:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:06 pm Are there any others like that? Don't be afraid to over-report. :lol:
Haha, will keep my eyes peeled for them and let you know if I find any :tu:

Shifrin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:37 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:06 pm Are there any others like that? Don't be afraid to over-report. :lol:
Haha, will keep my eyes peeled for them and let you know if I find any :tu:
Fixed. Thanks again for reporting!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkertp5gkz7sx ... o.zip?dl=0

I like this variation on the theme

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:57 am Things have some better contrast
Nice, thanks :tu:

Return to “u-he”