Black Box Analog Design HG-2MS has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found this video on the HG2-MS quite interesting
https://youtu.be/My5Yb0sv0xY

That's an interesting approach of using the Blackbox on the Master.
Different harmonics (Pentode vs Triode) on side/mid for more spaciousness (I don't really like the term "3D depth" ;)). Also the LP for the lower mids and the HP for everything above makes sense.

4damind wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:02 pm That's an interesting approach of using the Blackbox on the Master.
Different harmonics (Pentode vs Triode) on side/mid for more spaciousness (I don't really like the term "3D depth" ;)). Also the LP for the lower mids and the HP for everything above makes sense.
Wow. I tried the approach on some Polysix (Vst) synth chords and all I can say is that I can never go back.

Anyone else getting a "click" when the audio starts using this? I'm on Studio One 5.2.

Getting some weird zipper / laser sounds in Bitwig when adjusting paramètres and upon render.

No problem here in Reaper, no clicks nor ziper/laser sounds.

If you also run into the parameter linking issue (on PC with the Alt-Key):
This is a confirmed bug and was fixed with the latest update (version 1.0.1). So install the newest version from your PA account

Especially in M/S mode it is important that the levels are correct, otherwise the opposite can happen, e.g. the stereo width is reduced. Linking the parameters is therefore very helpful.

pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am $69.99 offer for original HG2 owners :nutter:
Is it going to stay at that price even after the intro price for everyone else is over? (last day today)

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:11 pm
pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:05 am $69.99 offer for original HG2 owners :nutter:
Is it going to stay at that price even after the intro price for everyone else is over? (last day today)
Yes. All 'upgrade offers' that I have (for other PA plugins) never changed from the 'original' price offer. For me, it's better to wait for a promotion within 1 to 2 years and buy it cheaper than their 'upgrade offer'.

Thanks that's what I hoped - it means I can at least wait till I get my next voucher, if not longer

4damind wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:00 pm I found this video on the HG2-MS quite interesting
https://youtu.be/My5Yb0sv0xY
Really worked for that song.

Is that really what they call 'jazz' these days? :D

Return to “Effects”