Skins you're most impressed by

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:22 pm
garryO wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:29 pm as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.
they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.
"JSON files may contain malicious code......Most programs by default analyze JSON files for malicious code".

https://jsonfile.org/
Correct, you can use JSON hijacking in XXS (Cross-Site Scripting) the same way you can infect websites. If the hacker is using a zero-day threat (not yet known, and therefore less chance for a classic "anti-virus" software to detect it), it can do much harm, just by a simple line of code.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

AnX wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:50 am my default edit (crappy screen grab) because I hate when the knobs are the same colour as the background
I really like that, is it available anywhere?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

starflakeprj wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:04 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:22 pm
garryO wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:29 pm as said before vital skin files are .json and you can open them with a texteditor.
they should look like this: {"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226",...don´t think it´s possible to hide malicious code in there.
"JSON files may contain malicious code......Most programs by default analyze JSON files for malicious code".

https://jsonfile.org/
Correct, you can use JSON hijacking in XXS (Cross-Site Scripting) the same way you can infect websites. If the hacker is using a zero-day threat (not yet known, and therefore less chance for a classic "anti-virus" software to detect it), it can do much harm, just by a simple line of code.
if a .json file look like this:

{"Background":"ff1b1a1e","Body":"ff2f2e33","Body Heading Background":"ff232226"}

everything is human readable easily.
can someone hide code here?

Because malicious code is just text. Are you going to examine every vital skin file to see if every line of text is safe ?

No of course not, no one is going to do that. I'm not saying that vital skin files are infected I'm simply saying that they can be infected since they are .json files.

If you're concerned just run the files through VirusTotal.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Clem4 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:11 pm
AnX wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:50 am my default edit (crappy screen grab) because I hate when the knobs are the same colour as the background
very nice :)
any chance to share it ?

SLiC wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:14 pm
I really like that, is it available anywhere?
yeah, i could upload it. Just need to remove any parts that I haven't edited (just to be safe about redistribution)

afaik, when loading a skin, any parts missing will automatically be drawn from default skin.

note, this is default size only, no other sizes (and I have no intention of making any)

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

AudioThing|Cableguys|Image-Line|Klanghelm|Tokyo Dawn Records|Tritik|Valhalla DSP
Dmitry Sches|Surge Synth Team|u-he

middle_color wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:04 pm
fgimian wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:20 pm As far as DAWs, I still feel that Cubase is the prettiest by far, but that's just me :D

Do you have this colors palette? Default one is too bright.
I'm afraid that this is just an image I pulled off Google, sorry :(

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:26 pm I'd add NI Replika XT to those:

I think Replika XT looks great, but as someone who is colourblind, I absolutely hate the red on black; I can't see it at all. I literally have to use a color filter on Windows when using anything that has red on black, including Replika XT.

So for that reason alone, I'd have to say that I really dislike the colour choices on otherwise nice skin. I reported this to NI too, but sadly, it remains unchanged.

To all designers, red on black is an awful AWFUL choice if you care about anyone that has difficulty with colourblindness. I see it everywhere and it drives me nuts.

Phase Plant skin for Vital
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Feels good in Serum's skin... :hihi:

vital serum skin.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xdjn1999x wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:49 pm This serum skin by re23071998
Looks like Razor!!

e@rs wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:32 pm Feels good in Serum's skin... :hihi:

vital serum skin.png
Hahaha. Vital is great though! Where are you finding these skins for Vital?

The one I posted was on Vital's official forum.

e@rs wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:53 am The one I posted was on Vital's official forum.
Cheers, found it!

Return to “Instruments”